32 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sharpest Edge Sports

Georgia Southern +6

This is the first and only meeting between the two teams and it could not be bigger as Georgia Southern sits 0.5 game back of UT-Arlington for the conference lead. UT-Arlington may be the team to beat in the Sun Belt, but they are just 3-3 in conference road games. Georgia Southern has been incredible at home this season, sporting a 10-1 record, an unblemished home record in league play and winners of 9 home games in a row. This is Senior Night for Georgia Southern with a lot on the line. Getting a handful of points in this spot is hard to pass up, so the lean goes to the Eagles in their home finale backed by, what is sure to be, a raucous crowd at Hanner Fieldhouse in Statesboro.

Posted : February 20, 2017 6:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Andrew Lange

Iowa State at Texas Tech
Play: Under 144

On Saturday, we came in with a free play on Texas Tech-West Virginia under 143. It played out just as projected but double overtime kept us from cashing an easy ticket. At the end of regulation it was tied 64-64. And at the end of the first overtime it was tied 70-70. I'll attempt to win some of my money back today with another play on the Red Raiders under the total as they play host to Iowa State. The Big XII is very well respected this year but at 5-9 with four games to go, TTU has a lot more work to do. In the first meeting between these two teams in Ames, the Red Raiders were able to control the game and more importantly the pace for nearly a full 40 minutes. They led by as many as 14 in the second half but went cold late as Iowa State came from behind to win 63-56. It was ISU's slowest game of the season (61 possessions) and I think Tech will employ a similar type of approach tonight. First meeting closed 140.5 and not much of anything has changed. Feel like the importance of this one for the home side helps in keeping the pace and hopefully scoring lower than expected.

Posted : February 20, 2017 6:48 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: