1 Users
0 Likes
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Essler

Braves at Rockies
Play: Braves

This is totally a matter of who your trust, and although Teheran isn't what he once was, Bettis hasn't pitched this season - he comes back from cancer surgery and chemo. I am sure they wouldn't rush the guy, but let's remember they're in a pennant/playoff race, so I cannot imagine he's got a very long leash. Even when he was 100% he had a WHIP of 1.41 and gave up a lot of long balls, and has a lifetime batting average against in Coors Field of .304. I can't back that even given the "coolness" of his return. Addd that to the fact that Arenado is probably out - I fully expect Atlanta to get plenty. That total sitting where it is is just one indicator. Colorado has lost five of six and flew back from yet another loss in Miami, so the spot isn't a favorable one for the Rockies, either. Atlanta's bullpen has far outperformed Colorado's over the last week - an Atlanta scored a bunch in all three games at St. Louis. Teheran has been FAR better on the road this season - and the numbers are almost embarrassing - a 7.07 ERA in Atlanta and a 3.71 ERA on the road. He's also allowed just one HR in 135 AB's to the Rockies' lineup - so, the Braves have several ways to win this and there's just too much value not to take them at this price.

Posted : August 14, 2017 6:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Buster Sports

Orioles at Mariners
Play: Orioles -114

The Orioles are 2 1/2 games out of a wild-card spot and now come to Seattle for a three-game series against the Mariners. The starting pitchers for tonight’s contest are for the Orioles RH Kevin Gausman (8-8, 5.21 ERA) and he will face the Mariners RH Yovani Gallardo (5-7, 5.38 ERA) Gausman is starting to pitch like the guy that had a 3.61 ERA last year with the Orioles. In his last three starts Gausman has a solid 2.14 ERA with a WHIP of 1.143. He did have a rough start in his last spot against the Angels but we see him bouncing back tonight. As for Gallardo, he has been eating up innings for the Mariners. At home, Gallardo has struggled sporting a 6.61 ERA with a WHIP of 1.573 in 9 starts. The Mariners have now lost four games in a row and tonight we believe that will be five.

Posted : August 14, 2017 6:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Braves +120

Julio Teheran is a good pitcher that for some reason is having a bad year. On the other side of the ball how can we not be excited for Chad Bettis to return to the big leagues after battle cancer for the last couple of months? I hope Bettis throws a no hitter tonight, but I have to play the odds here and wager on the more established pitcher in Teheran. Bettis probably will be eased back into pitching and with that I have no trust in the Rockies bullpen. There is good value tonight with the Braves.

Posted : August 14, 2017 6:11 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: