Clear all

2017 NASCAR Changes

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

What do you NASCAR guys think about all these changes they are doing this year?

I personally don't like them at all. Forcing cautions twice a race is bullshit and I don't understand it.

I wish racing was still racing, I think NASCAR is really fucking up right now

Posted : January 24, 2017 5:42 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator

Mike, attendance and viewership are down, as you know, and they are doing anything to up those numbers.

I do believe it may result in better racing early in the race, but only time will tell. Still can't wait for Daytona!

Posted : January 25, 2017 9:44 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

I don't know man, throwing 2 cautions intentionally every race seems stupid as fuck to me. If anything people are pissed about all this goofy shit and want more grass roots racing not more complication.

I just don't see how slowing shit down makes the race more interesting. I also don't know anyone that is a stats whore for NASCAR. Never do I talk to anyone about racing and we talk about points and standings and shit like that. We talk about who is winning, who isn't winning that should be and who is fast.

I just don't see myself talking to my racing buddies about who has the most points in segment 1 at Bristol, you know what I mean?

BTW, I want into that league of yours. I might have some homies that want in too. Can you give me some more details about that and if I can still enter?

Posted : January 25, 2017 10:05 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator

Mike, I agree with everything you are saying but the last few years it seems like there is nothing exciting until the last 20 to 30 laps. Lets see what happens with the bull shit.

The guy that ran our league passed on... RIP, I am starting one and hopefully can get most of his old players. I will e-mail you the information in a couple of days.

Posted : January 25, 2017 10:29 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Good point, lets make the races 30 laps then and fuck all this math. If I wanted to do algebra I'd go to college not watch racing.

Posted : January 25, 2017 11:25 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator

Since Dale Sr (my hero) lost his life the sport has really gone down hill. Mega money for drivers, more concern for safety (good thing), ad revenue and attendance declining and less and less sponsorship money. NASCAR is trying everything to right the ship in all the wrong ways, in my opinion, and the fans have to pay.

I love dirt track racing, a fuckin hell of a lot more passion! And I get mud and shit all over me so the ole lady knows I didn't lie to get a piece of strange.

Posted : January 26, 2017 12:05 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

You see what happened this morning? I think they decided to stop changing rules and decided to throw the rule book out the window and start from scratch.

Now you only have 5 minutes to repair a car and can't replace any body panels? That sounds like a shit show in the making. Especially at the bigger tracks. How is a car with rear damage gonna run around Daytona without a deck lid.

This sounds like an all or nothing approach. 36 races is a long time to just try all kinda new shit like this. I think they needed to do some test races like they did when they rolled out the newest gen car. You could lose your whole audience by the 3rd race if these changes don't play out like they expect. This sounds super risky for the health of the sport IMO

Posted : February 8, 2017 1:11 pm
Share: