1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2013 UFC on FUEL TV 8 Free Picks & Predictions for Silva vs. Stann
By Drew Sharper

SAITAMA, Japan (The Spread) – UFC on FUEL TV 8 takes place on Saturday night and features a solid card. Here are some free picks to consider for this event.

UFC on FUEL TV 8 will take place from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan with the main card bouts airing live on Fuel TV at 10PM ET. All odds are according to oddsmakers at Bovada.lv.

UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT - Wanderlei Silva (34-12-1) vs. Brian Stann (12-5)

Though both are middleweights, this fight will be contested at light heavyweight. Stann has a history of picking apart wild strikers, and Silva is a wild striker. Silva has one-punch KO power, but Stann has precision and accuracy, and that should help him win this fight. I don’t see Silva being able to out-grapple Stann, and that has been the best way to beat him. Ultimately, I see a lot of fireworks in this fight, with Stann coming out on top thanks to a TKO in the second round. UFC on FUEL TV 8 FREE PICK – Brian Stann -250

UFC HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT - Stefan Struve (25-5) vs. Mark Hunt (8-7)

This is an odd fight, as Struve stands 7 feet tall compared to Hunt, who is 5-10. Hunt may be able to get Struve to the ground, but the lengthy fighter is very strong off his back. I think the size difference will be too much of an issue for Hunt. Struve has improved on his striking and has good submission skills. I think he does enough to win by decision tonight. UFC on FUEL TV 8 FREE PICK – Stefan Struve -180

UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT – Hector Lombard (32-3-1) vs. Yushin Okami (28-7)

Lombard is a strong and compact fighter, but he won’t be stronger than Okami. Okami will be fighting in his home country and he has made a habit out of beating top middleweight contenders in the UFC. Okami has a smothering grappling game and I think he will be able to get Lombard to the ground and control him for 15 minutes. Lombard could win by KO, but Okami doesn’t get caught often. UFC on FUEL TV 8 FREE PICK – Yushin Okami +175

Bet on UFC Odds

Posted : March 2, 2013 12:41 pm
Share: