Clear all

Hilton Super Contest 2003

14 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Like last year we will again be trying to put a team together to enter the Hilton Contest in Las Vegas. Last year it was me, Higg, USA, Jersey Giant and Salami. Didn't win but didn't get smoked either.

Entry fee is $1500 again this year and the grand prize will probably be in the neighborhood of $165,000. I will be going to Vegas for the Sports Betting Festival on August 21st and will sign-up while I am out there.

If you are interested in being part of this let me know and we will set something up. It's a good time and doing it as a team like this gets the costs down and gives everyone a chance to make some serious $$$$ of a relatively small investment.

Salami already got with me about this so you can probably count him in. Now, we need 4 more...

MC

Posted : July 18, 2003 3:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

I'd be interested if we were able to get enough people. MC will you be on the team

Posted : July 20, 2003 10:52 am
(@grand_salami)
Prominent Member

Count me in

Posted : July 20, 2003 11:19 am
 higg
(@higg)
Reputable Member

I was hopeing you might be able to get this going again for this year. Im in.

Posted : July 20, 2003 11:19 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

I will probably be partnering with Ben Burns this year if everything goes according to planned. If not I will probably take up a spot with you guys. But for now all 5 spots are open. If things don't work out with Ben I won't kick anyone off the team to put myself on though.

MC

Posted : July 20, 2003 11:24 am
(@Guest)
New Member Guest

maybe this year i will jump on board

Posted : July 21, 2003 7:23 pm
(@nljuice)
Reputable Member

Wow, that is some purse! How many entrants does it usually get (I don't know much about it)? Are most of them professionals? I imagine enough teams to cover the purse anyway (>100). Any runner-up prizes? Good luck!!!

OK, I just went to the web page (too curious) and saw that last year's paid at least the top 20 finishers, and there were 281 entrants. Lot 'o cash!

Posted : July 21, 2003 11:50 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

It has gotten bigger each year that I have known about it anyway. I suspect this year it will have close to 300 people if not more.

It really is mainly just regular guys. If you look at the list you will see that there aren't many names you will recognize. Lawrence from Who2BetOn almost won that mofo last year. He came out firing 10-0 first two weeks. Other then that I only know a couple other people in it. It's catching on more though with the online guys so this year I bet there will be a lot more handicappers in it.

Still though it is anyone's game. You interested in playing NL? If so let me us know and I will see if we can get a count.

Anyone else interested post it up. 5 people works out to $300 a man. Not a bad price when u think u can pull down a 5th of almost 200 large.

MC

Posted : July 22, 2003 10:23 am
(@nljuice)
Reputable Member

Almost seems like a bargain. I don't have that kind of confidence, though.

I scanned the entrants list from last year and you're right. It doesn't look like a lot of pros, services, etc. A lot of 'regular' names.

If anyone else does it, though, best of luck (and to you, too, MC).

Posted : July 22, 2003 11:26 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

If any of u are serious about this you need to let me know so we can discuss it. I leave for Vegas in 19 days...

MC

Posted : August 2, 2003 10:52 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Going to Vegas tomorrow, still time to get in. USA got with me the other day expressing interest. Any takers. Whoever wants to play can play, we can work out the math with any number of players.

LET ME KNOW....

MC

Posted : August 20, 2003 9:45 am
(@grand_salami)
Prominent Member

If we can get 5. I am in. Can't get in for too much more than this. Let me know.

Posted : August 20, 2003 11:35 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Work it out Salami!

We should have enough people to do it. All you gotta do is tell me. I don't leave till 8am tomorrow! LETS DO IT!

MC

Posted : August 20, 2003 11:36 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

i'm in if there are enough people. lets get it on.

Posted : August 20, 2003 12:59 pm
Share: