Mark Roberts

VEGAS NHL

Posted : December 17, 2017 9:58 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Philadelphia (-7') at N.Y. GIANTS
By Chris Jordan

I'm on an 11-4-1 run with my NFL freebies, and today we're going to make some money on the early card with the Philadelphia Eagles over the New York Giants. And as I see the line is Philly -7' points, apply the rules we speak of inside the premium selections, and buy the half point down when the line is between -7 and -7' points.

First of all, an Eagles victory today, coupled with a Minnesota Vikings loss, would make Lincoln Financial Field the place to go through in next month's NFC Playoffs.

Now I know everyone is worried about the absence of Philadelphia quarterback Carson Wentz, but believe me, the Eagles will be fine. This injury takes place between Weeks 1-5, the Green Birds would have the wings clipped and they'd be in trouble.

But this team's chemistry is working well right now. There is nothing that can derail the Eagles, even the loss of Wentz. Nick Foles may not have been starting QB material, but he has the experience and know-how to manuever the team downfield and jump into a machine that is well-oiled and ready for the home stretch.

Look for LeGarrette Blount and Jay Ajayi - who lead the Eagles second-ranked rushing attack - to get most of the work today, neutralizing New York's aggressive defense while running the clock down and keeping the Giants' offense off the field.

On the other side of the ball, let's be honest here, that top-notch defense that is ranked fourth overall should have no trouble disrupting a beleaguered Giants team that has lost six of seven and 15 of the past 19 against Philadelphia. New York's offense is ranked 29th in the league with an average of 15.3 points per game.

I'll play the Eagles in this one.

2* EAGLES

Posted : December 17, 2017 11:31 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Cincinnati (+11') at MINNESOTA
By Jack Brayman

I was so high on the Minnesota Vikings when the week began. Today, with as many squares chasing this team and eating chalk, I know the sharp money is on the Cincinnati Bengals.

Sure, the Vikings can secure the NFC North title for the second time in three seasons by winning this game, but the NFL isn't handing Minnesota the division crown for covering the spread.

Minnesota just needs to win the game. Not win it by 12 points.

So even though the Bengals have never won in five trips to Minneapolis, it doesn't mean they don't want to play the spoiler role. Because Cincinnati didn't show up at all last week at home, getting routed by the Bears, I expect to see an entirely different team show up today.

Could coaching come into play? Perhaps.

Peep this: Minnesota coach Mike Zimmer was the defensive coordinator for the Bengals under Cincy skipper Marvin Lewis from 2008-2013. And Lewis has never lost to any former assistant, going 6-0-1.

Let's take the points here, and hope the wiseguys are smarter than the dumbfellas.

2* BENGALS

Posted : December 17, 2017 11:32 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

New England at PITTSBURGH (+2')
By Eric Schroeder

Hope you cashed in with my free bowl winner on Saturday, as I delivered Marshall over Colorado State in a rather easy underdog win.

Today, my free winner is on the Pittsburgh Steelers against the New England Patriots.

I know, I know, many of you thought

Until their flop in Miami on Monday night, the New England Patriots were playing like the traditional powerhouse they usually are. But there were some thing exposed, and after seeing how Jay Cutler was able to slice Miami's offense through New England's defense, I wonder how the Patriots will stop the best receiver in the game.

This game today, at Heinz Field, should deliver the AFC's top seed, and the underdog is the better team. Yeah, I said it. The Steelers are better than the Patriots. Period.

Pittsburgh has yet to show us its best stuff, and yet it is riding an eight-game win streak. Then you have the Pats, who looked invincible, but then lost. To the Dolphins. And Cutler.

The revamped Steelers look great, having reinvented themselves around Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown, with the likes of JuJu Smith-Schuster, Martavis Bryant, Joe Haden, Leveon Bell ... sorry, but the Steelers are overall the better team, given how bad New England's defense is right now.

I'll take the home pup, and as long as the books are offering you between +2 1/2 through +4, buy the half point.

5* STEELERS

Posted : December 17, 2017 11:34 am
Page 4 / 4
Share: