1 Users
0 Likes
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Los Angeles @ Golden State
Pick: Golden State -12

No matter how hard they try, the Clippers just can't seem to beat Golden State or even come close in recent meetings as the Warriors have covered the number four straight and won by an average of 23 points. The Warriors beat Sacramento 109-86 before the break as Klay Thompson exploded for 35 points and Kevin Durant added 21 points. In their last meeting with the Clippers, seven players scored in double figures for the Warriors, including Stephen Curry with 29 points and Durant with 26. The Clippers shot 50.0 percent overall and 40 percent from three-point range, but to no avail. Golden State is 6-0-1 ATS its last seven home contests and Los Angeles is 7-19 ATS its last 26 games at Golden State.

Posted : February 23, 2017 2:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ken Thomson

George Washington -4.5

Simple: A go against UMass. This team has been a major disappointment and outside of a win at shorthanded St. Joe's, the Minutemen have dropped their other seven games in an eight game span. GW has not been stellar but played well their last two home games in a six point win over St. Bonaventure & a one point loss to VCU. Tyler Cavanaugh ( 17 ppg ) and Yuta Watanabe are a solid combination with Watanabe coming off a solid game vs. Duquesne.

Eastern Washington -3

EWU & Weber State have both won 7 of last 9 games. Eastern Washington should be able to ride home crowd to home win to even up season series after losing by a three spot earlier in January to the Wildcats at Ogden. Jacob Wiley & Bogdan Bliznyuk combine for 39 points per game and three point sharp shooter Felix Von Hofe gives the Eagles just enough three point shooting. A win by EWU ( 9-4 ) in the Big Sky would pressure on the Cats ( 11-3 ) in the final 3 games of Conference play as it would pull them within a game of the top of the League.

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bruce Marshall

USC +9

In recent weeks, Arizona has been finding it much harder to stretch margins than it did earlier in the season, as the Wildcats had dropped 5 of last 6 vs. the line heading into last weekend's games at the Washington schools. Are some of Sean Miller's many frosh contributors running out of gas the closer we get to March? Unlike his team's 7-point win at the Galen Center Jan. 19, Miller does have previously-suspended G Allonzo Trier available for the rematch. But SC also has regained the services of versatile 6-10 weapon Bennie Boatwright, scoring almost 17 ppg since his return to active duty on Feb. 1 vs. Washington.

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

Let's take a look at No. 4 Arizona as the free play tonight. I know the Wildcats have a huge matchup looming against No. 5 UCLA on Saturday, but the Wildcats won't bother looking that far ahead, with as good as USC has been this season.

Arizona (25-3, 14-1 Pac-12) can't afford to look past the Trojans (21-6, 8-6), as the Wildcats are hoping to maintain their lead in the conference before hosting the Bruins.

The Wildcats are back at full strength, with coach Sean Miller saying starting point guard Kadeem Allen and starting center Dusan Ristic will be in the lineup, and should be at 100 percent.

Meanwhile, the Trojans come in having lost two consecutive games, having lost 80-71 at home to then-No. 7 Oregon and 102-70 at UCLA, which was ranked sixth. Now completes the Pac 12 trifecta of games against the league's top teams.

Lay the points here, as Arizona takes advantage of the poor shooting Trojans and rolls to the victory here.

3* ARIZONA

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

The 49ers are still below .500, but now you are starting to see the benefits of their playing Wichita State, North Carolina, Louisville, UCLA and Kansas, as Long Beach State enters this Thursday night home game with victories in their last pair of games and 7 of their last 9 overall. They have also covered in their last pair and 6 of their last 8 games.

Cal Poly is trending the other way, as the Mustangs are just 3-13 straight up on the road for the year, and have lost 3 of their last 4 both straight up against the spread as they hit the hardwood tonight.

The Niners won and covered the first meeting, 98-92 in overtime as the -3 point road favorites, as Long Beach State has won 6 of the past 8 series meetings overall.

At 13-16 now for the year, State needs to win their remaining 3 games to get to the magical .500 mark to end the regular season. Not sure if they sweep all 3, but tonight's home contest sure looks good to me!

2* LONG BEACH STATE

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

Let the Boogie-era begin in the Big Easy.

Moments after New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis broke Wilt Chamberlain's 55-year All-Star Game scoring record Sunday night with 52 points in the West's 192-182 victory over the East, a handler beside DeMarcus Cousins whispered in his ear during a scrum with the media.

"You've been traded to the Pelicans." I don't know if that what was said verbatum, but Boogie Cousins was basiclly told he wouldn't have to fly back to Sacramento, and could remain in his new hometown.

Tonight we find out if Davis and Cousins can be like Hakeem Olajuwon and Ralph Sampson, or David Robinson and Tim Duncan - two dominant big man - while turning the Pelicans (23-24) franchise around.

There is a big test on the horizon, with the highly explosive Houston Rockets (40-18) in town.

I like the addition, in that I think Cousins will actually have a little more boogie in his step, with a rejuvenated attitude in a new town with a vibrant crowd and good teammates, including point guard Jrue Holiday, who will maintain the primary job of getting the ball to Cousins and Davis, two players who have played alongside one another for Team USA, last summer when the team took Gold in Rio.

Davis and Cousins are the only two players in the NBA to average at least 20 points and 10 rebounds over the past four seasons. No team has had two players with those averages since the 1997-98 San Antonio Spurs, with, uhh, Duncan and Robinson.

This is going to be interesting, and I'll be a sucker for the moment. I'll take the home pup here.

5* PELICANS

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free play is on the Cleveland Cavaliers, as I'm banking on the defending champs to get the money against the visiting New York Knicks.

Who knows what will happen by the NBA trade deadline - I don't really care.

Fact is, I think Carmelo Anthony should remain in the Big Apple, and Phil Jackson needs to go. But that's neither here nor there. The Knicks are going to get hammered by the champs tonight, as Cleveland has had plenty of time to rest and will be ready for the home stretch, beginning tonight.

Cleveland has been getting offers for guard Iman Shumpert, and I'm heardin the Knicks could deal guard Derrick Rose. But as long as LeBron James is wearing Cavs gear, this game is a given.

The Cavs (39-16) return from the All-Star break in first place in the East, ahead of the Boston Celtics by three games. And prior to last weekend's shenanigans in New Orleans, for All-Star Weekend, the Cavaliers were the hottest team in the NBA this month with a 7-1 record.

Couple in the fact the Cavs have defeated the Knicks nine consecutive times and have covered the last four meetings, I think Cleveland has to be played tonight.

Lay the home chalk.

2* CAVALIERS

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SCOTT RICKENBACH

Nebraska vs. Michigan State
Play: Under 135½

As a road dog of 3.5 to 6 points, Nebraska has gone 3-1 to the under. Also, the Cornhuskers are 5-1 to the under in road games with a posted total between 135 and 139.5 points. Long-term that run is 20-11 to the under. Another nice long-term streak involving the Huskers is that, when they are off of a win in conference action, their next game has gone under 55 of 91 times! Nebraska's defense has been rock solid their last 3 games and they'll be looking to maintain that momentum against a Michigan State team that is hungry after allowing 80 points in a loss at Purdue Saturday. The Spartans had previously held 4 of their last 5 opponents under 42% from the field and I look for them to bounce back here. The under is 11-4 this season in games where Michigan State is a favorite. Also, the under is 3-1 this season when the Spartans are off of a game where they allowed 80 points or more. Long-term 46 of Michigan State's last 70 games against teams with a losing record have stayed under the total. That equates to 2 out of 3 odds and I certainly like those odds! The Spartans are also 3-1 to the under when they are a home favorite of 3.5 to 6 points. There is every reason to believe that both teams will bring a strong effort in this one as the Cornhuskers seek revenge and the Spartans seek to bounce back after getting "lit up" by the Boilermakers Saturday.

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

STEVE JANUS

Rockets vs. Pelicans
Play: Over 227

Play Over - Home teams where the total is greater than or equal to 210 (NEW ORLEANS) - revenging a road blowout loss vs opponent of 20 points or more. This system is 59-24 (71%) against the total over the last 5 seasons.

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BRANDON LEE

Rockets vs. Pelicans
Play: Rockets -3½

The Pelicans made a blockbuster trade during the All-Star break, acquiring DeMarcus Cousins from the Kings to form what most believe will be a dynamic duo with him and Anthony Davis. That may very well be the case, but it's going to take some time for these two to learn how to play together. Not to mention the Pelicans traded away a good portion of their backcourt rotation. All the excitement an attention has this line much lower than it should be. Houston is an elite team and I expect them to come out strong out of the break. I just don't see the Pelicans being able to keep pace offensively.

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

RAY MONOHAN

Cleveland -10

The Knicks and Cavs headline Thursday night and the home team laying the points has value. This is not a good matchup for New York.

We saw what the Cavs did inside MSG last time these two teams met, as they turned it up offensively with the pace of play and ran the Knicks off the court.

Expect the same style here, as Cleveland is just too fast and too powerful inside to keep up with.

Some trends to note. Cavaliers are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games overall. Cavaliers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.

Expect a lopsided game from the beginning, as the Cavaliers roll here.

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JOHN MARTIN

Cavaliers -10

I don't expect the New York Knicks to be fully focused tonight with the trade deadline today and all the rumors floating around. And now they'll be up against a team that has absolutely dominated them in the Cleveland Cavaliers, who who have gone 7-1 SU & 7-1 ATS in the month of February. The Cavaliers have covered four straight against the Knicks, winning by 14, 29, 32 and 7 points. Three of those four wins came on the road. The Cavs are 4-0 ATS in their last four home games. The Knicks are 1-5 SU & 1-5 ATS in their last six games overall.

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ANDREW GOLD

Wisconsin vs. Ohio State
Play: Ohio State +7

Wisconsin is laying to many points here on the road given this situation. Ohio St wants revenge from earlier this year as they were ran off the court @ Wisconsin. The Badgers are 1-5 ATS L6 road games. 0-4 ATS L4 games Ohio St is 4-1 ATS L5 games as a home dog between 7-12 points

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DAVE PRICE

San Francisco vs. Loyola Marymount
Play: San Francisco -1½

The San Francisco Pilots are 19-10 on the season. They have pretty much dominated the rest of the West Coast Conference outside the 3 best teams in Gonzaga, St. Mary's and BYU. They are 0-6 against those 3 teams but 9-1 against everyone else. They already beat Loyola-Marymount 74-64 at home earlier this season and should be able to cover this small number on the road in the rematch. The Dons are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games as a road favorite. The Lions are 0-6 ATS after a win by 15 points or more over the last 2 seasons.

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

TEDDY DAVIS

Hornets vs. Pistons
Play: Pistons -4

I will lay the short number here with the Pistons. This is a team that is fighting for a playoff spot. While I know most will say the Hornets needed the break I'm not willing to back them though. The Hornets have been terrible on the road going 8-19 on the season.

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:27 pm
Page 2 / 4
Share: