Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Tuesday, September 27th, 2016

20 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free play for tonight is on the Los Angeles Dodgers on the Run Line, over the San Diego Padres.

The Dodgers just wrapped up a successful weekend against the Colorado Rockies, and clinched the National League West. Now Los Angeles needs to wrap up the No. 2 seed in the N.L., to get homefield advantage.

The Washington Nationals hold a one-game edge on the Dodgers in the National League, but they also lost to the Arizona Diamondbacks last night. If L.A. can get another win from the Snakes, and sweep the Padres, this will come down to the final weekend.

This is must-win territory for the Dodgers.

They win big tonight.

3* DODGERS -1.5

Posted : September 27, 2016 4:31 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Valentino

My free play is on the Boston Red Sox over the New York Yankees, and I want you playing this game on the Run Line.

Boston's magic number to win the American League East is 1. But rather than depend on a loss by the Toronto Blue Jays, why not take the win over the New York Yankees at Fenway Park?

The Sox have clinched a playoff berth, but to win the division by beating the arch-rival is better.

David Price will dominate, as he's gone at least seven innings in four of his past five starts, including a three-run, seven-inning outing on Sept. 22 in Baltimore. Opponents are hitting just .252 off him, and I think he'll be fine in handcuffing the pinstripes tonight.

He'll get run support from his boys, who will get to Luis Cessa quickly. The young right-hander is looking to break a string of three straight losses, but this is a bad spot to do it.

Take the Red Sox on the Run Line.

4* RED SOX

Posted : September 27, 2016 4:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

My Tuesday comp play release is to go Under the total in the A.L. East showdown between Baltimore and Toronto.

These teams ended the month of August with 3 straight Unders and have played each of their last 4 in the season series Under the total.

Baltimore is on a 9 game Under roll, and the Under stands at 11-1-1 their last 13 games overall.

Toronto is not far behind with Unders in 8 of their last 10 games.

Kevin Gausman and Aaron Sanchez will be entrusted in keeping the base paths quiet tonight. Each of Gausman's last 3 starts have played Under, and the Under is 20-8 for the season when he starts!

Sanchez' starts at 19-9 Under in his 28 season starts.

Low scoring for sure this Tuesday at the Rogers Centre.

3* BALTIMORE-TORONTO UNDER

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Your Tuesday freebie is the Under in the Rays-White Sox.

Last night's series opener fell just shy of eclipsing the total, as the Rays have now played their last pair, 4 of 5, and 6 of their last 9 Under the total.

The White Sox meanwhile, have held Under in their last pair after 6 in a row Over the total.

Both Alex Cobb and Chris Sale have struggled down the stretch - Cobb with an over 7 ERA in his last 3, all 3 of them going Over the total, Sale sporting an ERA close to 5, and 2 of his last 3 Over the posted price - but tonight I look for the pair to settle things down, and dominate the hitters.

Sale is sitting on 16 wins for the year, and a 17th would match his career best, so look for the lanky southpaw to come out firing tonight.

Tampa could only must a single run last night. Tonight they may be hard-pressed to avoid the shutout.

Rays-White Sox Under.

2* TAMPA BAY-WHITE SOX UNDER

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Delaney

There's something to be said about a team that closes out a season playing with pride, with a little purpose. That's something we're not seeing from the bottom of the American League East, a division that will have three representatives in the postseason.

Not on that list will be the New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays. Both are mired in brutal losing streaks - the Yankees eight of 11, while the Rays have lost four in a row and eight of 11.

My free play for Tuesday night is on the Chicago White Sox over the Rays, as the Pale Hose will take advantage of a dismal Tampa Bay lineup that ranks in the bottom of the league in runs scored on the road.

Chicago has won three straight and is 42-33 at home this season. The Sox just took two in a row from the division-leading Indians, in Cleveland. So there is a little momentum to embrace there. After last night's series-opening win, the Sox win this one big.

Take the White Sox on the Run Line here, as they roll past Tampa Bay.

5* WHITE SOX

Posted : September 27, 2016 4:33 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: