NBA Betting News and Notes Friday February, 1
NBA Betting News and Notes Friday February, 1
NBA Game of the Day: Chicago at Brooklyn
Chicago (28-17 SU, 18-27 ATS, 18-27 O/U) is coming off a 104-88 win at Milwaukee on Wednesday night. That was without Carlos Boozer, who is questionable with a hamstring injury. The Bulls take on Brooklyn (27-19 SU, 21-22-3 ATS, 20-25-1 O/U) who were crushed by Miami at home on Wednesday night, 105-85, getting 2.5. It might have been a good idea for Reggie Evans to talk trash to LeBron James before the game. The Bulls visit Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Friday at 7:30pmET.
Matchup: Last game: (12/15/12). CHICAGO (-4.5) over Brooklyn, 83-82. Chicago has won five of the last six in this series.
5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. NBA Atlantic.
35-16-1 ATS in their last 52 Friday games.
8-18 ATS in their last 26 games following a S.U. win.
1-5 ATS in their last 6 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
0-6 ATS in their last 6 games following a ATS win.
0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a SU win of more than 10 points.
9-23 last 32 matchups on the Under bet following an ATS win.
6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
9-19 ATS in their last 28 games following a double-digit loss at home.
7-15-1 ATS in their last 23 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
4-9 ATS in their last 13 vs. NBA Central.
4-10 ATS in their last 14 games following a S.U. loss.
1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
Home team is 5-1 ATS Last 6 in series.
F Carlos Boozer (hamstring) is questionable.
G Derrick Rose (knee) is out.
The Brooklyn Nets are coming off their first home loss under P.J. Carlesimo, and now they must host the Eastern Conference's best road team.
While the Nets and their top scorer have cooled off a bit, the Chicago Bulls have gotten hot behind a pair of role players heading into their first game in Brooklyn on Friday night.
Since Carlesimo took over for the fired Avery Johnson on Dec. 27, the Nets and Bulls share the East's best record at 13-5. However, while Chicago (28-17) has won eight of 10, Brooklyn (27-19) has lost three of four as Joe Johnson has averaged 13.3 points and shot 36.7 percent from the field.
Johnson averaged 19.7 points in the first 11 games of January, making 30 of 69 from 3-point range, as the Nets went 10-1. He scored 16 on Wednesday but went 4 of 15 from the floor with four turnovers in a 105-85 loss to conference-leading Miami, which outscored Brooklyn by 20 in the second half.
The Nets missed a chance to tie the franchise record of 12 wins in any month, and they had an eight-game home winning streak snapped.
Chicago is a conference-best 13-6 in road games, including 6-1 in January. The Bulls opened a six-game trip with a 104-88 win in Milwaukee on Wednesday.
Though All-Stars Joakim Noah and Luol Deng get much of the credit for Chicago's success with Derrick Rose still sidelined, reserves Jimmy Butler and Nate Robinson have keyed the recent surge.
Butler has returned to coming off the bench for the past two games, totaling 37 points on 15-of-22 shooting, after making five starts when Deng was injured. Since getting that first career start two weeks ago, Butler is averaging 15.4 points and 7.9 rebounds with only five turnovers in seven games.
It appears Robinson is, too, though his minutes could soon decrease with Rose nearing a return. Robinson has scored in double figures in a season-high eight straight games and has averaged 20.0 points over the last four, shooting 56.9 percent from the field.
Another key bench player for the Bulls has been Brooklyn native Taj Gibson, though he could get a second straight start Friday if Carlos Boozer sits out again with a strained hamstring. Gibson had 14 points and nine rebounds Wednesday.
The Bulls have held seven straight opponents below 90 points and have limited the Nets to an average of 87.7 in the past six meetings, winning five.
Chicago won 83-82 on Dec. 15 in the lone matchup this season as Williams missed a 3-pointer as time expired. He's averaged 26.0 points in the last three meetings.
Re: NBA Betting News and Notes Friday February, 1
Heat at Pacers: What Bettors Need to Know
Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers (+2.5, 182.5)
The Indiana Pacers will put their 12-game home win streak to the test when they host the Miami Heat on Friday in a matchup of two of the top four teams in the Eastern Conference. The Pacers ran their home mark to 17-3 with a 98-79 win over Detroit on Wednesday, and they'll try to take down the Heat for the second time during their string of home victories that dates to Dec. 7.
The Heat have split the first two games of a four-game road trip. They rebounded from a double-overtime loss at Boston to blow out Brooklyn 105-85 on Wednesday and have won five of their last six to lay claim to the top spot in the Eastern Conference. It's the second of three meetings, with Indiana having won the first 87-77 at home Jan. 8.
ABOUT THE HEAT (29-13, 21-21-0 ATS): LeBron James is enjoying another MVP-caliber season, leading the team in scoring (26.5), rebounds (8.3) and assists (7.1) with support from the rest of the "Big Three" - Dwyane Wade (20.7 points, 4.6 assists) and Chris Bosh (17.2 points, 7.4 rebounds). That trio makes Miami a dominant offensive team, but the Heat has struggled at times at the defensive end and ranks last in the league in rebounding. In search of help on the boards, Miami signed forward Chris Andersen to a second 10-day contract on Wednesday and signed forward Jarvis Varnado for the remainder of the season.
ABOUT THE PACERS (27-19, 24-22-0 ATS): After a three-game losing streak in which its defense lapsed, Indiana returned to form against the Pistons. The Pacers lead the league in opponents' field-goal percentage (41.9) and rank second in points allowed per game (89.9). All-Star Paul George (17.4 points, 7.7 rebounds) leads the team in scoring, but the Pacers get good balance with David West (16.7 points, 7.7 rebounds), George Hill (14.6 points, 4.9 assists) and Roy Hibbert (10 points, 8.3 rebounds) also averaging double digits. Lance Stephenson recorded the first double-double of his career with 12 points and a career-high 11 rebounds against the Pistons before leaving the game with a sprained left ankle.
* Underdog is 27-13-1 ATS in the last 41 meetings.
* Heat are 1-6 ATS in their last seven vs. NBA Central.
* Pacers are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
* Over is 7-3 in Heat last 10 vs. NBA Central.
* Under is 19-6-1 in Pacers last 26 vs. Eastern Conference.
1. Miami has won nine games this season after trailing in the fourth quarter, including five in which it trailed by at least seven points in the final period.
2. The Pacers are 21-3 when holding opponents under 90 points and 22-3 when leading after three quarters.
3. James has scored in double figures in 461 consecutive games, including all 183 he has played for the Heat.
Re: NBA Betting News and Notes Friday February, 1
Friday NBA Tips
By Kevin Rogers
The first February NBA card provides bettors with a healthy 12-game card. Among the matchups, the Bulls and Nets hook up in Brooklyn, while the Knicks host the surging Bucks at Madison Square Garden. We'll begin with another key Eastern Conference matchup as two teams with bad blood meet up in a playoff rematch.
Heat at Pacers
Miami eliminated Indiana in six games of the second round of last season's playoffs, but the Pacers picked up some revenge in the first meeting this season. Indiana silenced Miami's offense in an 87-77 defeat at Bankers Life Fieldhouse as the Pacers cashed in the home underdog role. The Heat heads to the Hoosier State tonight off another impressive victory on Wednesday night.
The defending World Champions beat the Nets for the third time this season, 105-85 as 2½-point favorites, the third win over Brooklyn by double-digits. Miami drilled 11 three-pointers in the victory, while bouncing back from Sunday's double-overtime setback at Boston. Erik Spoelstra's team has cashed just three of the last 10 times in the away 'chalk' role, as the Heat has allowed less than 100 points in regulation in seven of the last eight road contests.
The Pacers snapped a three-game skid with a 98-79 dispatching of the Pistons on Wednesday, cashing as 8½-point home favorites. Frank Vogel's club has won 12 straight games at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, while giving up 95 points or less in each of those victories (9-2-1 to the 'under'). Indiana plays eight of the next nine games at home, which includes a back-to-back-to-back set starting Monday with a make-up game against Chicago.
Bulls at Nets
Chicago is quietly moving up the Eastern Conference standings with a successful 12-4 run in January. The Bulls passed the Pacers for the top spot in the Central Division at 28-17, while winning six of the last seven games away from the United Center. Carlos Boozer sat out Wednesday's rout of Milwaukee with a hamstring injury, as six Bulls scored in double-figures in their second victory at the BMO Harris Bradley Center this season.
The Nets have hit the skids recently by dropping three of their last four games, as each defeat has come by at least 13 points. In three losses to the Heat this season, Brooklyn was limited to 89 points or less each time, while allowing at least 100 points for the third time in four contests overall. In spite of the setback to Miami, P.J. Carlisemo's club has won eight of the last nine games at Barclays Center (5-3-1 ATS).
In the last meeting between the Bulls and Nets in Chicago, Tom Thibodeau's team held on for an 83-82 victory in mid-December. Brooklyn cashed as 4 ½-point underdogs, but the Nets shot just 38% from the field in the defeat. The Nets have lost five of the last six matchups with the Bulls dating back to March 2011, as Chicago makes its first visit to the Barclays Center.
Bucks at Knicks
The top three teams in the Central Division are all surging at the right time, which includes Milwaukee. The Bucks were tripped up the Bulls on Wednesday, but Jim Boylan's club is rolling through an 8-4 stretch since the removal of Scott Skiles as head coach on January 6. Milwaukee travels to the Big Apple tonight looking to avenge a home blowout loss to the Knicks in November.
New York shots lights out in a 102-88 triumph in Milwaukee as 2½-point favorites on November 15, as Carmelo Anthony scored a game-high 29 points. The Knicks outscored the Bucks by 21 points in the middle two quarters, while taking their third straight victory against Milwaukee in the series. Mike Woodson's team started the season winning their first 10 home games, but the Knicks are just 6-6 SU and 4-8 ATS the last 12 contests at the Garden.
Milwaukee is the hottest 'over' team at the moment by cashing in six straight games, while allowing at least 102 points five times in this stretch. Except for that 88-point effort against Chicago on Wednesday, the Bucks' offense has passed the 108-point mark five times in the last six, including three times on the road. The Bucks have captured five of the last seven games on the highway, while one of those losses came when Milwaukee squandered a 20-point third quarter lead at Cleveland last Friday.
Blazers at Jazz
Amazingly, it took until February for these two Northwest Division rivals to meet for the first time this season. Portland and Utah will see each other twice over the next two days, with a matchup at the Rose Garden on Saturday night. The first leg of this home-and-home takes place in Salt Lake City tonight, as the Jazz looks to cover one time on this three-game homestand.
After dropping a 45-point decision to the Rockets on Monday night, the Jazz rallied to top the Hornets, 104-99 on Wednesday, but failed to cash as eight-point favorites. Tyrone Corbin's squad finished January with a strong 10-4 SU record, but stumbled to an 8-6 ATS mark after three straight home ATS defeats. Utah took care of Portland last season by sweeping the four-game series, but three of those wins took place in April when the Blazers were long gone from playoff conversation.
Portland put together is most impressive effort on the season on Tuesday night by rallying from a 22-point deficit to stun Dallas at the buzzer, 106-104. LaMarcus Aldridge tied the game with his first three-pointer of the season, then won the game with a jumper at the horn, but the Mavs cashed as three-point 'dogs. Portland has cashed five of the last seven games away from the Rose Garden, but has lost three consecutive road games straight-up.
Re: NBA Betting News and Notes Friday February, 1
NBA Point Spreads and Picks
By: The Linemakers
Friday night’s NBA card is jam-packed with 12 games, including the Heat visiting the Pacers in a rematch of last season’s chippy playoff series; the Bulls and Nets in a matchup of upward-trending Eastern Conference teams; and the Lakers looking for what’s become a rare road win, possibly without Dwight Howard, in Minnesota.
But The Linemakers dive a little deeper into the Blazers at the Jazz, the first meeting of the season between these Western Conference foes. It’s also the first night of a back-to-back home-and-home, as these teams square off again Saturday night in Portland.
The Blazers and Jazz are heading in opposite directions – the Blazers are just 3-7 in their last 10, while the Jazz are 7-3. One of Utah’s losses in that stretch, however, was by 45 points at home to the Rockets, which certainly raises our eyebrows.
But we’re wondering if the Blazers’ 21-point comeback Tuesday night against the Mavericks may have taken something out of them. Utah’s a tough place to play, too, after such an emotional win. Plus, Portland is 9-12 ATS on the road, while the Jazz are 16-5 SU and 13-8 ATS at home.
Our lean is on the Jazz.
* The Clippers have covered only two of their last seven games and have gone UNDER the total in seven of their past nine games against teams with a winning percentage .400 or below. The home team has covered four of the last five meetings between the Clippers and Raptors. New Raptors guard Rudy Gay is not expected to join the team tonight following his trade from Memphis. The Clippers are 4.5-point road favorites with a total of 192.5.
* The Heat have covered only two of their last nine games following a win. The Pacers are 1-5 ATS in their last six games following a win. The Pacers' best betting attribute is the total staying UNDER at home, which has happened in eight of their last nine home games. The Heat are two-point road favorites with a total of 184.
* The Magic have failed to cover their past seven games. The Celtics covered their last game, but it was only the second time in their past nine games. The Celtics have stayed UNDER the total in eight of their last nine home games. The Celtics are -8.5 with a total of 189.5.
* The Cavs have covered their past four games. The Pistons have covered five of their last six Friday night games. The Pistons have covered their past five meetings with the Cavs. The Pistons are -4 with a total of 195.5.
* The Bulls have only covered eight of their last 26 games following a win. The Nets have covered just once in their last six games against teams with a winning record. The road team has covered five of the last six meetings between the Nets and Bulls. The Nets are -3.5 with a total of 181.
* The Bucks have covered their last four games following a loss. The Knicks have covered only three of their last 10 home games. The Bucks have gone OVER the total in their last six games. The Knicks are -5 with a total of 205.5.
* The Kings have covered only twice in their last 14 games. The Sixers have gone OVER the total in 10 of their last 11 home games against teams with a losing road record. The 76ers are -6 with a total of 198.5.
* The Wizards have covered their past four road games against teams with a home winning percentage .600 or better. They have stayed UNDER the total in six of their last seven games. The Grizzlies have stayed UNDER the total in their last eight games against Southwest Division teams. New Grizzlies forward Tayshaun Prince, who was acquired from Detroit this week, is questionable to play tonight. The Grizzlies are -6.5 with a total of 181.
* The Hornets have covered their past six road games. The Nuggets have covered seven of their last eight against Southwest Division teams. The Nuggets have gone OVER the total in their last seven home games. However, 12 of the last 15 meetings between the Hornets and Nuggets have stayed UNDER the total. The Nuggets are -7 with a total of 203.5.
* The Blazers have covered four of their last five road games. The Jazz have covered only once in their last five games. The Blazers and Jazz have stayed UNDER the total in their last four meetings in Utah. The Jazz are -5 with a total of 195.5.
* The Mavericks have covered 10 of their last 11 games, including the last five on the road. The Suns have stayed UNDER the total in 14 of their last 16 home games. The Mavericks have covered 10 of the last 11 meetings with the Suns. The Suns are -3 with a total of 199.
* The Lakers have covered twice in their last eight games, but have covered their last five games in Minnesota. The T’Wolves have covered just twice in their last 11 games. The Lakers have stayed UNDER the total in nine of their last 12 games. The Lakers are 2.5-point road favorites with a total of 197.5.
* Clippers guard Chris Paul (knee) is OUT indefinitely.
* Magic guard Arron Afflalo (calf) has missed Orlando's last two games and is doubtful tonight.
* Magic forward Glen Davis (foot) is OUT indefinitely.
* Celtics guard Rajon Rondo (ACL) is OUT for the season.
* Bulls forward Carlos Boozer (hamstring) missed Chicago's last game and is questionable tonight.
* Wizards guard Bradley Beal (wrist) missed the Wizards' last game and is doubtful tonight.
* Nuggets center JaVale McGee (tibia) is questionable tonight.
* Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki (abductor) is OUT tonight.
* Jazz forward Gordon Hayward (shoulder) is doubtful tonight.
* Lakers center Dwight Howard (shoulder) is questionable tonight.
* T’Wolves center Kevin Love (hand) is OUT indefinitely.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Average Posts Per Hour:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Scott Davimos
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online