32 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Denver at DETROIT (-6')
By Eric Schroeder

Taking the Detroit Pistons over the Denver Nuggets for my free winner tonight, as I don't see this being close by halftime.

The Pistons are looking to shake a six-game losing streak, and this is the right time. They just lost back-to-back homers against Golden State and Boston, and now take a step down in class for this one, before hitting the road for two.

Detroit - which is 8-4 at home, including 2-1 against Western Conference teams - went 2-0 against the Nuggets last season, and has won three of four in the series. Detroit holds a 49-36 all-time record against Denver and a 29-13 home record.

The Nuggets are allowing 107.7 points per game, and that won't bode well against the hungry Pistons tonight.

Take the home team.

5* PISTONS

Posted : December 12, 2017 3:18 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tampa Bay at ST. LOUIS (-105)
By Chris Jordan

Headed to the ice with tonight's free play, as I'm playing the feature game of the night: the Tampa Bay Lightning and the St. Louis Blues.

The Eastern Conference-leading Lightning (21-6-2, 44 points) visit the Western Conference-leading Blues (21-8-2, 44 points) in a clash of the league's top two teams, while both clubs roll in riding a four-game win streak.

I'm playing the home team here, as I think St. Louis will swell with pride and shut down the Lightning, who lead all NHL teams with 110 goals for this season.

I know Tampa Bay boasts the league’s top two point-getters: Steven Stamkos (12/30 - 42) and Nikita Kucherov (20/21 - 41), but the Blues are 11-5-0 on home ice, while outscoring their opponents by a 56-39 margin in those games (+17 differential).

Forward Brayden Schenn and goaltender Jake Allen were named among the NHL’s "Three Stars" last week after leading all skaters in points (1/6 - 7 in four games) and all netminders in wins (4-0-0), respectively.

This is one game that will set the tone for the week, as the Blues have had this one circled.

3* BLUES

Posted : December 12, 2017 3:20 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: