(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd
Dec 15 '17, 7:05 PM in 7h
NBA | Heat vs Hornets
Play on: Heat +5½ -115 at BMaker

Free pick on Heat +

I like the value here with Miami as a decently priced road dog against the Hornets. Given the current form of the Hornets, this is simply too many points for them to be laying. Charlotte is just 2-8 in their last 10 games and just 5-14 in their last 19. A lot more was expected of this team this season, but they just aren't playing up to their potential.

I just think we are seeing the Hornets overpriced here against the Heat, due to the fact that Miami is without Hassan Whiteside and Justise Winslow. The thing is, this Heat team is use to playing shorthanded and I don't think it's going to hurt them here.

Miami is also coming in off a 95-102 loss at home as a short 2.5-point favorite, which puts them in a very profitable spot. The Heat are 16-5 ATS over the last 3 seasons off a home loss as a favorite. Last time out for the Hornets they lost 96-108 at Houston and they are just 1-4 ATS in their last 5 off a SU loss by more than 10 points. Take Miami!

Posted : December 15, 2017 12:53 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

UC Davis (+6) at SAN FRANCISCO
By Eric Schroeder

My free play for tonight is on UC Davis plus the points at San Francisco, as I'm shocked at this line. No way the Aggies should be catching this many points when they've enjoyed a successful non-conference season, going 7-2 overall and 7-0 against the spread.

Frisco, which historically has fared poorly against the Big West with a 9-31 ATS slide, has a shoddy scoring defense that is giving up more than 71 points per game, including 71.3 at home.

UC Davis has won four straight, including a win over the Pac 12's Washington State. This team also has Washington on its résumé, so it's coming in with decent schedule.

Frisco was beaten up by Arizona State - who hasn't this season - but other than that, has played nothing more than cupcakes. The Dons have split their last four, and have no business laying this much to a scrappy, battled-tested UC Davis squad that expects to win this game.

Take the road pup.

3* UC DAVIS

Posted : December 15, 2017 12:55 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Utah at BOSTON (-6)
By Joey Juice

Friday comp play on the Boston Celtics.

Let’s back Boston as they Host the Utah Jazz tonight at the TD Garden. They Jazz are in a complete death spiral as they have now lost 4 in a row including their worst one yet against lack-luster Chicago Wednesday night. Bottom Line: Kyrie Irving is back, and what did he do in his 1st game? He put up 33 at home against the visiting Denver Nuggets to help propel his team to victory, 124-118.

A look inside the numbers reveals a doomsday scenario for Utah in this one. The Jazz can’t cover away from home, they are 3-8 ATS last 11 on the road. They also have a hard time playing after days off, they are 2-9 ATS last 11 games playing on a full days rest.

The Celtics in the other hand, quite the opposite. They always beat up on teams with losing records, especially at TD, they are 9-2-2 ATS last 13 at home vs losing teams.

Play the Celtics in this one.

3* BOSTON

Posted : December 15, 2017 12:57 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Brandon Lee
Dec 15 '17, 7:35 PM in 5h
NBA | Nets vs Raptors
Play on: Nets +12 -108 at 5Dimes

10* FREE NBA PICK (Nets +12)

I'll take my chances here with Brooklyn catching double-digits on the road against the Raptors. I think we are seeing Toronto a bit overvalued here due to the fact the Nets are playing on no rest and the Raptors are 9-1 at home. Brooklyn lost last night at home to the Knicks 104-111 but are a rock solid 20-7 ATS in their last 27 off a SU loss. They are also 4-1 in their last 5 when playing on no rest and 5-0 ATS in their last 5 road games. I also don't love this spot for Toronto, as they have had just 1-day off after finishing up a 4-game road trip that ended out in Phoenix. I think we could see a flat Raptors team here against an inferior opponent. One last thing here, Brooklyn is a perfect 9-0 ATS this season against teams who average 106 or more points/game. Give me the Nets +12!

Posted : December 15, 2017 2:55 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Brandon Lee
NBA | Nets vs Raptors
Play on: Nets +12 -108 at 5Dimes

10* FREE NBA PICK (Nets +12)

I'll take my chances here with Brooklyn catching double-digits on the road against the Raptors. I think we are seeing Toronto a bit overvalued here due to the fact the Nets are playing on no rest and the Raptors are 9-1 at home. Brooklyn lost last night at home to the Knicks 104-111 but are a rock solid 20-7 ATS in their last 27 off a SU loss. They are also 4-1 in their last 5 when playing on no rest and 5-0 ATS in their last 5 road games. I also don't love this spot for Toronto, as they have had just 1-day off after finishing up a 4-game road trip that ended out in Phoenix. I think we could see a flat Raptors team here against an inferior opponent. One last thing here, Brooklyn is a perfect 9-0 ATS this season against teams who average 106 or more points/game. Give me the Nets +12!

Posted : December 15, 2017 2:56 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jack Jones
NBA | Jazz vs Celtics
Play on: Jazz +6½ -115 at Bovada

Jack’s Free Pick Friday: Utah Jazz +6.5

The Utah Jazz will be highly motivated for a victory following four straight losses. This run has followed six straight victories prior. And it’s largely due to a tough schedule with road games at Oklahoma City, Milwaukee and Chicago, as well as a home loss to red-hot Houston.

But I believe we want to ‘buy on’ the Jazz tonight. They are rested as this will be just their 2nd game in 6 days. This rest has allowed them to get healthy as the only two players they are missing right now are Dante Exum and Raul Neto. So they’re back to full strength basically and a dangerous team moving forward.

The Celtics are certainly an overvalued commodity due to their 24-6 record that has made it tough for them to live up to expectations here of late. The Celtics are just 1-3-1 ATS in their last five games overall. Now they are laying 6.5 points to a motivated, rested, and healthy Jazz squad tonight.

Boston is 2-14 ATS after a combined score of 235 or more points over the last three seasons. Utah is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 road games vs. at team with a winning home record. Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last five games vs. a team with a losing record. Bet the Jazz Friday.

Posted : December 15, 2017 2:57 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Dave Price
Dec 15 '17, 8:05 PM in 6h
NBA | Bulls vs Bucks
Play on: Bulls +9 -110 at Bovada

Dave’s Friday Free Play:

1* on Chicago Bulls +9

The Key: The Chicago Bulls just can’t get any love from the books. They remain 9-point underdogs here Friday despite the fact that they are 4-1 SU & 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall. They have only lost one of their last 10 games by more than 7 points. Getting Nikola Mirotic back from injury has been a big boost for this team. He is averaging 19.5 points in 4 games played, which have all resulted in Chicago wins. Chicago is 17-6 ATS in its last 23 games as a road dog of 6.5 to 12 points. The Bucks are 0-6-2 ATS in their last 8 against NBA Central division teams. The Bulls are 14-6 ATS in their last 20 meetings in Milwaukee. Take Chicago.

Posted : December 15, 2017 2:58 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Denver at STANFORD (-11)
By Chris Jordan

My free play for Friday is on the Stanford Cardinal, laying a rather big number, but attainable, against the Denver Pioneers.

Stanford has had a rough start to the season, with just four wins in its first 10 games, but its schedule has been rugged. The Cardinal has faced the likes of North Carolina, Florida and Ohio State - back-to-back-to-back. Following that trio, a beat up Cardinal team had to play Portland State - the fourth game in seven days - and lost to the Vikings.

I won't hold it against the Cardinal.

Tonight Stanford is in after 11 days off, and should be well-rested after taking exams and preparing for this game.

Denver, on the other hand, is in after a 20-point thumping at the hands of Northern Colorado, and will struggle in a tough environment against a team that is dying to score a big win.

Lay the chalk.

2* STANFORD

Posted : December 15, 2017 3:32 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: