Clear all

Picks: Free Service Plays for Wednesday, March 21, 2018

33 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Betting news, trends, odds and predictions for Wednesday, March 21, 2018 from various handicappers and websites

Posted : March 20, 2018 11:02 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Red Dog Sports
Mar 21 '18, 9:35 PM in 13h
NHL | Ducks vs Flames
Play on: UNDER 5½ -123

under 5.5

I like the under on Wednesday night. The under has hit in the past four meetings and Anaheim has unders in 6 of their last 7 road games. I think the score ends 3-2.

Posted : March 21, 2018 8:31 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Scott Spreitzer
Mar 21 '18, 10:00 PM in 13h
NCAA-B | Utah vs St. Mary's
Play on: Utah +6 -102 at 5Dimes

I'm recommending a play on Utah plus the points on Wednesday. Saint Mary's didn't come close to covering at home against Washington on Monday and now the Gaels face another Pac-12 school that comes off a dominating 95-71 win over LSU. Utah shot 57.9 percent and hit 14 of 27 from 3-point range against the Tigers, who were never in the game. Sedrick Barefield led five double figure scorers with 17 points and Justin Bibbins added 16 points for the Utes, who are 9-4-2 ATS their last 15 games and the Gaels are just 2-7 ATS their last nine games. Utah allows opponents just a .417 shooting percentage and held LSU to 44.1 percent from the field. Saint Mary's is 1-5 ATS its last six games after a win and 2-5 ATS its last seven home contests. Also, the Gaels are 1-5 ATS their last six versus teams with winning records. We'll recommend Utah plus the points on Wednesday. Thanks & GL! Scott Spreitzer.

Posted : March 21, 2018 8:31 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mark Wilson
Mar 21 '18, 8:05 PM in 8h
NBA | Nuggets vs Bulls
Play on: UNDER 222 -102

under

Posted : March 21, 2018 11:18 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Larry Ness
NBA | Pacers vs Pelicans
Play on: Pelicans +1 -105 at pinnacle

My 1* Free Play is on the New Orleans Pelicans (8:00 EST).

The 41-30 Indiana Pacers are in New Orleans to take on the 41-30 Pelicans on Wednesday night and for a number of different reasons, I think this one favors the home side.

New Orleans has now won two straight, beating Boston before getting the better of Dallas 115-105 last night.

Indiana comes to town off a win against the Lakers. Note that this is a “make-up” game for one which was postponed on February 7th due to a leaky roof at the Smoothie King Center.

The Pacers were supposed to enjoy a three-game home stand, but now the team faces seven road contests over its next ten games. Myles Turner would lead all scorers with 21 points and seven boards in the 110-100 win over LA.

The Pelicans are also fatigued as they are in the midst of having to play five games in six nights:

“It’s not some impossible thing,” head coach Alvin Gentry assessed last night. “I don’t want to make a big deal out of it, and we’ll be able to manage it and play and do the best we can with it.”

Pelicans’ big man Anthony Davis had 37 points in last nights win over the Mavs.

I’ll point out that the Pacers are just 6-11 ATS this year after a win by ten points or more, while New Orleans is 4-0 ATS in its last four when playing on zero days rest.

I think the home floor advantage is significant in this matchup. Consider a second look at the Pelicans in this one.

Good luck…Larry

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Kenny Walker
Mar 21 '18, 7:05 PM in 7h
NBA | Grizzlies vs 76ers
Play on: Grizzlies +13 -110 at BMaker

Free Pick on Grizzlies

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Sal Michaels
Mar 21 '18, 7:05 PM in 7h
NBA | Raptors vs Cavs
Play on: UNDER 228½ -110

Free Play on Raptors vs Cavs under 228½ -110

Posted : March 21, 2018 11:19 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Scott Rickenbach
Mar 21 '18, 8:00 PM in 8h
NCAA-B | Jacksonville State vs North Texas
Play on: Jacksonville State +1½ -115 at betonline

Scott "The Bulldog" Rickenbach CBB Game #777 Wednesday Free Pick Jacksonville State Gamecocks (+) vs North Texas Mean Green @ 8 ET - Long-time followers know I love to look at road teams in situations like this. Wednesday's match-up in the CBI features the bigger name team, North Texas, at home versus the smaller school, Jacksonville State, and yet the Mean Green opened up as essentially a "pick'em" in this game. Just take the home team to win the game, right? It's easy, isn't it? Of course it is never that easy and I love grabbing the small road dog in spots like this. The Gamecocks are 8-3 ATS as an underdog this season and the Mean Green are only 3-5 ATS as a favorite this season. Jacksonville State also 9-4 SU after allowing 60 points or less and North Texas is 2-8 SU after scoring 80 points or more this season! Free Pick JACKSONVILLE STATE

Posted : March 21, 2018 11:19 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Brandon Lee
NBA | Nuggets vs Bulls
Play on: Nuggets -9 -102 at 5Dimes

10* FREE NBA PICK (Nuggets -9)

I'll take my chances here with the Nuggets as a big road favorite against the Bulls. I know Denver is just 11-23 on the road this season, but this Bulls team is a joke right now. With Dunn, LaVine, and Markkanen all dealing with injuries there's just not much left for Chicago to send out on the floor. In their last game they started Valentine, Zipser, Felicio, Payne and Holiday. Felicio is the only one of the five that scored in double-figures and as a whole the Bulls scored just 92 points on 35.9% shooting against the Knicks.

Winning simply isn't a priority at all for Chicago right now and I have a hard time seeing them keep this close. Having lost their last two and their next 4 games all on the road against the Wizards, 76ers, Raptors and Thunder, this a MUST-WIN game for Denver if they want to make the playoffs (currently 9th in the West, 2-games back of Utah). Give me the Nuggets -9!

Posted : March 21, 2018 11:20 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Dennis Macklin
Mar 21 '18, 8:00 PM in 8h
NCAA-B | Western Kentucky vs Oklahoma State
Play on: Oklahoma State -4½ -106 at pinnacle

DMack's Free Play for Wednesday, March 21, 2018 is on the Oklahoma State Cowboys

This is just a near impossible spot for Western Kentucky who traveled to USC and beat a tough Trojan team in Cali and now flies halfway back to nowhere to face always improving Big 12 in less than 46 hours. The Hilltoppers used four starters more than 32 minutes on Monday. The Cowboys only played two starters more than 28 minutes on Monday in a game that was easier than the the 71-65 final would indicate. Okie State 78-67.

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jesse Schule
Mar 22 '18, 10:05 PM in 1d
NCAA-B | Florida State vs Gonzaga
Play on: Florida State +6 -115 at BMaker

Florida State vs Gonzaga Free Pick March 22, 2018

The Bulldogs will be a six point favorite in their Sweet 16 matchup versus Florida State, and I like the underdog in this spot. Gonzaga just barely avoided a first round upset against UNC Greensboro, winning by a score of 68-64. They trailed by five points in the final six minutes of their second round game against Ohio State, but rallied to win 90-84. The Seminoles resume in the tournament so far is significantly more impressive. They crushed Missouri by double digits in the first round, and went on to upset #1 seed Xavier in their second round matchup. BPI favors the Bulldogs, but don't be fooled by their impressive stats. They racked up a lot of wins, and scored a lot of points against the minnows of the West Coast Conference. Gonzaga has been one of the most overrated teams in the country over the last decade, and that is evidenced by the fact that they are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 NCAA Tournament games. They have also failed to cover in five straight against teams from the ACC. I'll take the points with a red hot Florida State team.

Take FSU.

GL,

Jesse Schule

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Art Aronson
Mar 22 '18, 8:00 PM in 1d
NCAA-B | Sam Houston State vs Texas-San Antonio
Play on: Texas-San Antonio -4 -104 at 5Dimes

This is a 1* Free Play on UTSA.

This is the quarterfinals of the CIT tournament. Sam Houston State enters off a 69-62 win over Eastern Michigan, receiving 19 points and four boards from Josh Delaney. UTSA advanced with a solid 76-69 win against Lamar, getting 16 points and eight boards from Deon Lyle. The Bearkats haven’t performed well on the road (they’re also just 4-7 ATS in their last 11 as the underdog, compared to 8-4 ATS as a fav for the Roadrunners this season), and we think UTSA will take advantage (note that the Roadrunners are also 4-2 ATS in all tournament games this year, while the Bearkats are just 6-8 ATS in their last 14 tournament contests.) We think UTSA is worthy of a second look in this particular matchup.

AAA Sports

Posted : March 21, 2018 11:21 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

Tonight's comp play is the Cavaliers at home against the Raptors.

The Raptors exorcised some demons back on January 11th when they ripped apart the Cavaliers, 133-99!

That win came after Cleveland eliminated Toronto in a 4-game sweep last May.

Look for Cleveland to get back on the right side of things tonight at home, as the Cavs are fresh off a solid win over Milwaukee, and they do have Kevin Love back in the fold.

The Raptors are listing DeMar DeRozen as questionable with a thigh contusion that kept him out of Toronto's last game.

Since the Raptors are just 1-3-1 against the spread the last 5 series meetings, and just 2-6 against the spread their last 8 visits to Ohio, look for Cleveland to show Toronto that they are still the team to beat come the playoffs next month.

Play on the Cavs.

4* CLEVELAND

Posted : March 21, 2018 11:22 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jim Feist's Comp Pick, Wednesday, March 21, 2018

3/21 04:35 PM PT / 7:35 PM ET

NBA (757) CHARLOTTE HORNETS VS (758) BROOKLYN NETS

Take: (758) BROOKLYN NETS

Posted : March 21, 2018 11:23 am
(@shazman)