Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Wednesday, September 20th, 2017

21 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

My Wednesday comp play release is the Red Sox on the Run Line over the Orioles.

Baltimore is a demoralized team. Another extra-inning loss last night to Boston, as the O's have now dropped 11 of their last 13 games to all but eliminate themselves from any October baseball.

Boston has now won 5 of their last 6 games, and they do have Cy Young candidate Chris Sale on the hill.

Sale has had some struggles of late, but nothing like the struggles his counterpart Wade Miley has been going through, as Miley is winless over his last 3 starts with an ERA of 9.

Not a whole lot more I need to spout on about, as it is clear who the play is on here tonight at Camden Yards.

Red Sox on the Run Line.

4* BOSTON -1.5

Posted : September 20, 2017 4:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My free winner is on the Houston Astros Run Line, over the Chicago White Sox. Normally I may not lay this big of a price with a run line, but this is a free play, and outside of my total tonight, it's the best option I've got in terms of an opinion.

Fact is, we have an Astros team that is in pursuit of the American League's best record, and they're hosting a wickedly dismal Chicago squad that can't seem to get out of its own way at times.

The Astros are 1 1/2 games behind the Cleveland Indians for the AL's top record, and could very well catch this team with so much motivation behind them.

Houston is playing for so much more than a title, after the devastation of Harvey, and I think this team's spirit has been lifted to carry the burden of lifting the city.

Look for the Astros to keep rolling toward the best record on the junior circuit.

3* ASTROS -1.5

Posted : September 20, 2017 4:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DOUG UPSTONE

Diamondbacks vs. Padres
Play: Diamondbacks -140

Arizona has not been hitting much of late and look to avoid sweep at San Diego. The numbers suggest they will take one game as NL road favorites with a money line of -110 or higher like the D-Backs, hitting .255 or less, against a decent NL starting pitcher (ERA range of 3.70 to 4.20), with an on-base percentage of .285 or worse over their last five games, are 34-8, 81.0%, since 2013.

Posted : September 20, 2017 4:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ANDREW GOLD

Royals vs. Blue Jays
Play: Royals +107

The Royals are 4.5 back of the wild card so they still have plenty to play for here. I think they respond after dropping game 1 last night. Junis has been a bright spot in 13 games with a 5-2 record. He brings in a 3.18 ERA his last 3 starts and the last start was against the Indians only giving up 1 run. Anderson brings in a 8.59 ERA in home starts.

Posted : September 20, 2017 4:40 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JOHN MARTIN

Rangers vs. Mariners
Play: Rangers +135

The Seattle Mariners don't look too interested right now after they've basically been eliminated from postseason contention after going 0-4 in their last four games overall. I think the Rangers have shown some fight here down the stretch and will continue to do so tonight. Plus, the Rangers have the advantage on the mound with Andrew Cashner, who is 9-10 with a 3.40 ERA in 25 starts this season. Felix Hernandez has gone 5-4 with a 4.19 ERA in 14 starts for the Mariners, and 0-0 with a 5.52 ERA in his last three. Cashner has a 3.95 ERA in seven previous starts against the Mariners. The Rangers are 4-0 in Cashner's last four road starts. The Mariners are 0-7 in their last seven after scoring 2 runs or less in their previous game.

Posted : September 20, 2017 4:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Brewers/Pirates Over 8.5

The Brewers are good against left handed pitching so I expect them to score tonight. The Pirates have been silent the last few games, but here is their chance to put together a great offensive night against a Wilkerson who is making his first big league start. Wilkerson did not have a great average in AAA so I do expect this frustrated Pirates lineup to get to him this evening. Both teams should do their part to make this a high scoring game.

Posted : September 20, 2017 4:43 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: