1 Users
0 Likes
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John Martin

Wolves vs. Pistons
Play: Wolves +2½

The Minnesota Timberwolves are coming off an embarrassing loss to the Indiana Pacers last night. They lost 107-130 despite being 10-point favorites. They gave up a ridiculous 66.7% shooting to the Pacers. Look for them to be playing with an attitude tonight in Detroit. I like the Timberwolves to get the win and cover here. The Pistons' only two wins have come against the Hornets and Knicks, and they had to erase a 20-point deficit to beat the Knicks. They lost their last game at home to the 76ers by 11. I think the Timberwolves are the better team here as one of the better teams in the West against a mediocre team from the East.

Posted : October 25, 2017 1:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Davis

Grizzlies vs. Mavs
Play: Mavs +4

Let's take the Mavs here as the perception is very bad on them right now. They have yet to cover a game this season, but I like to take teams that are playing the first of a home and home especially if the first game is a home underdog.

The Grizzlies are riding high here and as I mentioned with this being a home and home they may not be fully invested here as they are coming off two big wins beating the Rockets and Warriors.

I believe we will see a big effort here from the Mavs as they are eager to get their first win of the season.

Posted : October 25, 2017 1:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mark Franco

Astros vs. Dodgers
Play: Astros +100

The Los Angeles Dodgers figured out a way to get through Houston Astros starter Dallas Keuchel, but now comes a matchup against a revived Justin Verlander. In four appearances (three starts) in this postseason, Verlander has a 1.46 ERA over 24 2/3 innings, striking out 24 with six walks. Every time Verlander has touched the mound this October, the Astros have come away with a victory.

If Verlander follows the Kershaw blueprint (seven innings, one run, no walks, 11 strikeouts in a 3-1 win), the Astros could be headed back to Houston with the 1-1 split. He is 9-0 with a 1.23 ERA in a Houston uniform, regular season and postseason combined.

The Dodgers' Game 2 starter, Rich Hill, is 37, but he has made just six previous postseason appearances and will be making his World Series debut.

Posted : October 25, 2017 1:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chip Chirimbes

Grizzlies vs. Mavs
Play: Mavs +5

This is the first of back-to-back meetings as these two will play again tomorrow in Memphis. The Grizzlies have already defeated two of the top teams in the West by taking out Golden State and Houston and are now up against the winless Mavericks. Dallas (0-4) started the same way last season opening the season 2-14 while Nowitzki was on the DL and now it appears in his 20th season that he is just big and slow. Memphis is off a great win over Houston where they outscored the Rockets 20-2 during the 4th quarter. I don't see how they maintain their intensity against the lowly winless Mavericks.

Posted : October 25, 2017 1:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Jones

Astros vs. Dodgers
Play: Astros +100

I believe the home team dominance comes to an end here Wednesday as the Houston Astros will square this series with the Los Angeles Dodgers behind ace Justin Verlander. When he starts is about the only time in this series that the Astros will have the edge on the mound.

Verlander has been unhittable since behind traded to the Astros. He is 9-0 with a 1.23 ERA in a Houston uniform. He has dominated in the postseason as well, posting a 1.46 ERA over 24 2/3 innings while striking out 24 and walking only six. Every time he has taken the mound in October, the Astros have won.

After facing the filthy Clayton Kershaw last night, the Astros will welcome a new face in Rich Hill here Wednesday. While Hill has been good this season at 12-8 with a 3.30 ERA, he is no Kershaw. The Astros won't be striking out 11 times against him like they did against Kershaw.

Verlander faced the Dodgers on August 20th, giving up just one earned run and striking out 9 in 8 innings of a 6-1 victory. The Astros are 8-0 in Verlander's last eight starts.

Posted : October 25, 2017 1:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

Denver vs. Charlotte
Play: Denver -1.5

I like the value here with Denver laying a short number on the road against the Hornets. Both teams are to a 1-2 start, but I've been much more impressed with the Nuggets and had them ranked much higher in my rankings to start the year. The big thing here is that Charlotte is far from full strength. They are down starter Nicolas Batum and are also missing a couple of key reserves in Cody Zeller and Michael Carter-Williams. The Hornets offense has struggled to say the least. The only time they have eclipsed 100 points is against the Hawks, who might be the worst team in the league. They still only shot 43% against Atlanta and that's their best shooting % on the season. Nuggets have been a great team to back off a loss, as they are 28-14 over the last 2 seasons with a perfect 1-0 start to this season, following a loss at Utah with a blowout win over the Kings. Nuggets are also 6-1 ATS in their last 7 vs a team that's won fewer than 40% of their games.

Posted : October 25, 2017 1:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

3G-Sports

Utah vs. Phoenix
Play: Utah -6

Phoenix is off of a rare win in their last outing. They build a big 20 pt lead in the 1st half and barely hung on for a 2 pt win. Utah has won seven straight in the series and plays defense. The Suns average 102.8 PPG and are the worst defensive club in the league in giving up a whopping 125.3 PPG. Eric Bledsoe is out again for the Suns as they are trying to trade him. The Suns depth took a hit when Bledsoe decided to quit the team and I see Phoenix losing this one by 10 or more.

Posted : October 25, 2017 3:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

Rockets vs. 76ers
Play: 76ers +4

The Philadelphia 76ers got their first taste of victory last time out with an impressive 97-86 win in Detroit as 3.5-point road dogs. The Houston Rockets are vulnerable right now due to injuries to a couple of their starters. Both Chris Paul and Trevor Ariza will be out for this game. The Rockets beat the Mavs but lost to the Grizzlies both at home in their two games without Paul. They are also missing Nene, a key piece off the bench. Philadelphia is 31-11 ATS in its last 42 games off a road game. The Rockets are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a losing straight up record. The 76ers are 14-2 ATS in their last 16 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.

Posted : October 25, 2017 3:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

Raptors vs. Warriors
Play: Over 228½

The Toronto Raptors travel to Golden State to take on the Warriors on Wednesday night. Toronto is 2-1 SU overall this year while Golden State comes in with a 2-2 SU overall record on the season. Toronto is averaging 114 points per game overall this year. Golden State is scoring 120.7 points per game overall this year and 121 points per game at home this season. Golden State is allowing 114 points per game overall this year and 122 points per game at home this season. The OVER is 12-4 last 16 meetings when these two meet at Golden State including 8 straight OVER's. The Over is 7-1 last 8 games for Golden State when they are off a SU win of 10 or more points. The OVER is 6-1 last 7 games when Golden State plays at home. The OVER is 18-4 last 22 games for Golden State when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game. Looking for these two to run up and down the court in this one. We'll recommend a small play on OVER THE TOTAL tonight!

Posted : October 25, 2017 3:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free winner out of the NBA tonight is on the San Antonio Spurs minus the small number in South Beach, as they'll roll past the Miami Heat.

The Spurs are still undefeated, albeit just 3-0, and renew a rivalry that is nothing like it was when LeBron and Dwyane were in Miami. But it's still a rivalry, for what it's worth. And that means Pop will have his troops getting after it tonight.

I know San Antonio is still missing forward Kawhi Leonard and point guard Tony Parker, but forward LaMarcus Aldridge is filling the void nicely, as he is averaging 24.3 points, 9.3 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.7 blocks this season.

And the cornerstone of Miami's defense - Hassan Whiteside - has been ruled out for the third straight game. Also, Miami's starting backcourt sat out Tuesday's practice, as Goran Dragic has a bruised thigh, and Dion Waiters has soreness in his left ankle. Waiters went through walkthrough this morning and has been ruled a game-time decision.

I'm taking San Antonio to win between 8-10.

3* SPURS

Posted : October 25, 2017 3:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free pick is on the Over in the first five innings of Game 2 of the World Series. Something tells me we're going to see the Houston Astros break out early on Rich Hill, and the Los Angeles Dodgers to potentially get one or two on Justin Verlander.

I don't know who is going to win this game, as the Dodgers bullpen could shut it all down and their offense could bring them back, but I do think the total will be a lot in the first five innings.

Verlander doesn't have the best World Series track record, and Hill hasn't been dominating this postseason.

These two will put up at least five runs in the first five innings.

1* Dodgers/Astros Over

Posted : October 25, 2017 3:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free pick is on the Over in the first five innings of Game 2 of the World Series. Something tells me we're going to see the Houston Astros break out early on Rich Hill, and the Los Angeles Dodgers to potentially get one or two on Justin Verlander.

I don't know who is going to win this game, as the Dodgers bullpen could shut it all down and their offense could bring them back, but I do think the total will be a lot in the first five innings.

Verlander doesn't have the best World Series track record, and Hill hasn't been dominating this postseason.

These two will put up at least five runs in the first five innings.

1* OVER Dodgers/Astros

Posted : October 25, 2017 3:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Joey Juice

Dodgers will look to take a 2-0 series lead when they host the Astros in game two of the World Series.

The Astros go with their Ace, 34-year old right-hander Justin Verlander, while the Dodgers will send 37-year old left-hander Rich Hill to the mound. This is a must-win for Houston if they're going to steal and take home field advantage back for game 3.

A look into the numbers reveals why I like Houston in this play. First of all Houston is unstoppable when Verlander is on the mound, they are 8-0 in Verlander’s last 8 starts. They are even better when he's well-rested. Astros are 4-0 in Verlander’s last 4 starts on four days of rest. Don't worry about interleague play on the road vs lefties as Houston's got that covered as well, 6-0 in their last 6 interleague road games against a left-handed starter.

Houston evens up the series and takes advantage headed home for game 3.

4* HOUSTON

Posted : October 25, 2017 3:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rob Vinciletti

Indiana at Oklahoma City
Play: Indiana

The Pacers were solid last night in Minnesota and should carry that effort over in Oklahoma City. The Thunder are still in the early stages of trying to stay consistent with the addition of C. Anthony and P.George. Since 1998 road dogs of 10 or more with a 190 or higher total have covered every time if they have no rest and were a road dog of 5 or more, vs a team that scored 110 or more and failed to cover as a home favorite like the Thunder. The pacers won here last year. That wont happen here but they should hang around for the cover. Take all those points with the Pacers.

Posted : October 25, 2017 3:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Dodgers -105

The Dodgers have been playing flawless baseball and seem like they are a perfect fit to win this title. This entire playoff season has been about home field advantage. Can Houston steal a game here heading back to Houston? Verlander is as good as they get, but Rich Hill has been equally as brilliant this year and on top of that this Dodgers Bullpen is almost untouchable. At even money we will go with the team that has been excellent at home and against right handed pitching all season.

Posted : October 25, 2017 3:57 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: