TheSpread is Pleased to Welcome GTBets as Our Newest Sportsbook Sponsor!
Limited Time Offer - Free $20 Bet Just for Signing Up! Don't Miss Out on Free Money, This Offer Will Expire Soon Click Here to Get Your Free $20 Bet
NBA Betting News and Notes Wednesday, February 27
NBA Betting News and Notes Wednesday, February 27
NBA Point Spreads and Picks
By: The Linemakers
The Denver Nuggets are 36-22 SU and 34-24 ATS this season, but they seem to be two different teams at home and on the road. They’ve lost just three times in Denver all season and have cashed at an 18-9 ATS rate against the number, but they’re a paltry 12-19 SU when they're away. One of those road losses came at Portland — Wednesday night’s opponent — 101-93 on Dec. 20, when the Nuggets were a 6-point favorite.
Denver held serve at home vs. the Blazers, 115-111, on Jan. 15, but failed to cover laying 9.
Nuggets-Blazers is one of 10 games on Wednesday night’s NBA card that also includes the Knicks, as 8-point favorites, hosting the Warriors.
The Blazers’ playoff hopes, meanwhile, are fading, as they are just 26-30 and sit in 10th place in the West, four games behind the eighth-place Rockets and a game behind the ninth-place Lakers.
Portland snapped a seven-game losing streak with a win over the Celtics on Sunday. Six of those seven losses were on the road, where they’re 8-21 SU this season.
But the Blazers are pretty tough at home themselves, compiling an 18-9 record there and going 13-12-2 ATS.
The Nuggets opened as 2-point favorites at the LVH SuperBook and were immediately bet up to 2.5. Considering Denver’s road woes and Portland’s success at home, we’re not on board with that move, and we’re leaning to the Blazers in this spot.
We’re also considering a play on OVER the total of 209.5. Denver is a 36-22 to the OVER — second best in the NBA — and Portland is cashing OVER tickets at a 29-26-1 rate.
Here are some more valuable trends to assist with your pro basketball handicapping.
* The Pistons have covered their past five road games against teams with a losing home record and four of their past five meetings with the Wizards. The Wizards have covered 11 of their past 15 games against Eastern Conference teams. Washington is -7, with a total of 190.
* The Kings have covered only once in their last five games against Eastern Conference teams. The Magic have covered only once in their last eight home games against teams with a losing road record. The Kings have gone OVER the total in seven of their last eight games. Orlando is a 1-point favorite, the total is 207.
* The Raptors have covered their past six road games, as well as their past five games in Cleveland. The Cavs have covered their past five games and gone OVER the total in their past four games. Kyrie Irving will miss tonight's game, and Toronto is a 4-point road favorite. The total is 197.5.
* The Warriors have have failed to cover their past seven road games. The Knicks have failed to cover their last seven games overall. The Warriors and Knicks have gone OVER the total in six of their last seven meetings. New York is -8, the total is 204.
* The Mavericks have covered seven of their last eight road games. The Grizzlies have gone OVER the total in their last five games against Western Conference teams. However, the last four meetings between the Mavericks and Grizzlies in Memphis have stayed UNDER the total. Memphis is -7.5, the total is 188.5.
* The Bucks have covered only twice in their last 12 games. The Rockets have covered five straight at home. Houston lays 8 tonight, with a total of 218.5.
* The Hornets have covered 12 of their last 17 games against Western Conference teams. The Thunder have covered their past six home games against teams with a losing road record. The road teams has covered the last six meetings between the Hornets and Thunder. New Orleans is +15 tonight, with a total of 204.
* The Suns have not covered in their past four games. The Spurs have covered 11 of their last 13 games when playing with two days of rest. The Suns have failed to cover their last six games against the Spurs. San Antonio lays 16 points, with a total of 198.
* The Hawks have covered their past four road games. The Jazz have covered only once in their last five games following a loss. The Hawks have covered six of their last seven meetings with the Jazz. Atlanta is a 4.5-point dog, and the total is 198.
* The Nuggets have covered six of their last seven games against losing teams but only once in their last six visits to Portland. Denver has gone OVER the total in their past five road games.
Hornets forward Anthony Davis (shoulder) will miss tonight's game at OKC
Cavs G Kyrie Irving (knee) will miss his second straight
Cavs G Daniel Gibson (personal) is back with the team and may play vs. Toronto.
Jazz F Paul Millsap (ankle) is a game-time decision Wednesday for the Atlanta game
Knicks F Rasheed Wallace (foot) will have surgery and is likely done for the season