NBA Betting News and Notes Sunday January, 13
NBA Betting News and Notes Sunday January, 13
Hornets - Knicks Preview
Madison Square Garden is where the New York Knicks built up one of the best records in the Eastern Conference early on in the sports betting season. However, it hasn’t been very kind to them of late. The Knicks have lost four of their last seven home games to remain one-half game back of the Miami Heat for first place, and while it is certainly not reason to panic New York will look to get back on track as soon as possible. They will have an excellent shot at earning a home win when they host the worst team in the Western Conference this Sunday, the New Orleans Hornets.
Injuries and inconsistencies have cost the Hornets this season, as Eric Gordon and rookies first-overall pick Anthony Davis have each missed time. Both will be in the lineup for the Hornets when they visit New York this weekend though, which means the Knicks cannot afford to underestimate what they can do.
NBA Betting Preview: New Orleans Hornets
Gordon has averaged a team-high 18.3 points with four assists since making his season debut, and helped New Orleans earn consecutive wins over the Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs. The 24-year old shooting guard is undoubtedly the Hornets’ best pure scorer, and his presence in the lineup has only made Davis and point guard Greivis Vasquez more dangerous. Davis has averaged 13.7 points and nine rebounds while Vasquez leads New Orleans with nine assists per game. The Hornets don’t have enough depth to overcome when their starters are hurt or struggling, but they are a dangerous team when they are healthy.
NBA Betting Preview: New York Knicks
Any chance of beating out the Heat for the top spot in the Eastern Conference will require the Knicks playing much better at home down the stretch, and they need to play with a sense of urgency going forward. Carmelo Anthony ranks among the top scorers in the NBA with 29 points per game, and is the biggest reason why New York ranks fifth in the NBA in points per game. However, a defense that ranked in the top-five for the first month of the regular season has slipped to 13th, and it could have to do with fatigue for one of the oldest teams in the association. The Knicks still have the pure talent to take care of teams like New Orleans at home, and must take advantage of the opportunity.
NBA Betting Preview: Outlook & Pick
It’s difficult to criticize a team for not keeping pace with the Heat, but considering Miami’s recent struggles the door is wide open for New York to retake the top spot in the standings. The Knicks should have no problem reaching the century mark against a young Hornets’ team, and if they can slow down Gordon and Davis on defense they should have no problem recording an important online betting win.
Pick: New York Knicks
Re: NBA Betting News and Notes Sunday January, 13
NBA Point Spreads and Betting Guide
By: The Linemakers
There are seven games on the schedule today, including three that match up teams with winning records. One of the standout games will be in Portland as the Thunder travel to the Rose Garden to face the Blazers.
* The Hornets have covered their last four games. The Knicks have covered only five of their past 14 games. The Hornets and Knicks have gone UNDER the total in their last four meetings. The Knicks are -6.5 with a total of 190.5.
* The Bucks have covered their five Sunday games. The Raptors have covered 10 of their past 13 home games. The Bucks have gone OVER the total in eight of their last nine games following a loss. The OVER has occurred in the Bucks and Raptors past four meetings in Toronto. The raptors are -2 with a total of 192.
* The Nets have covered four of their past five games. The Pacers have gone UNDER the total in their last seven games. The Nets are -4 with a total of 180.
* The T’Wolves have covered five of the past seven meetings against the Spurs. The Spurs have gone have UNDER in their last eight coming off of a game where they allowed an opponent to score 100 points or more. The Spurs are -12 with a total of 199.
* The Warriors have covered 24 of their past 35 road games. The Nuggets have covered their last five home games against teams with a winning road record. The Nuggets are -6 with a total of 209.
* The Thunder have covered their past four Sunday games. They have also covered seven of their last nine road games against teams with a winning home record. The Blazers have covered their past eight games against a team with a winning record. The Thunder are 4.5-point road favorites with a total of 200.
* The Cavs have covered five of their last six home games. The Lakers have covered only twice in their last eight home games. The Cavs have covered five of their last six meetings with the Lakers. The Lakers are -7 with a total of 211.
* Knicks guard Raymond Felton (finger) is OUT indefinitely.
* Raptors forward Andrea Bargnani (elbow) is OUT indefinitely.
* Pacers forward Paul George (illness) is OUT.
* Nets guard Deron Williams (thigh) is questionable.
* T’Wolves forward Kevin Love (hand) is OUT indefinitely.
* T’Wolves guard J.J. Barea (back) missed his last game and is questionable tonight.
* Thunder forward Serge Ibaka (chest) is questionable.
* Cavs forward Anderson Varejao (knee) is OUT indefinitely.
* Lakers forward Pau Gasol (concussion) is OUT.
* Lakers center Dwight Howard (shoulder) is OUT indefinitely.
* Lakers forward Jordan Hill (hip) is OUT for the season.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Average Posts Per Hour:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- robert lutz
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online