College Basketball Betting News and Notes Saturday December, 1
College Basketball Betting News and Notes Saturday December, 1
-- Kentucky beat Baylor 82-70 in regional final LY, but most of players from that game are gone; Wildcats got hammered at Notre Dame in last game- their only win over team ranked higher than #152 was 72-69 win vs Maryland on neutral floor. First true road game for Baylor team that won two of three in a tourney, then got upset at home by Charleston.
-- Illinois State has 4 starters back from LY's 21-14 team, is picked #4 in MVC; they are 5-1, losing last game in OT to Northwestern on neutral floor in South Padre. Louisville is 5-1, with four wins by 23+ points, but shot blocker Dieng (wrist) is out for while. MVC road dogs are 12-5 vs spread this season. Big East double digit home favorites are 7-7.
-- Ole Miss is 5-0 but hasn't beaten anyone ranked higher than #212, so this this step up in class for Rebel squad picked #7 in SEC. Rutgers won its last four games since getting upset by St Peter's at home in its opener; Scarlet Knights have wins at Princeton/NC-Greensboro. Big East road underdogs are 8-8 vs spread; SEC home favorites are 12-9.
-- Virginia Tech has only 8 scholarship players but one of them is Green, prolific scorer/future NBA player; Hokies are 6-0 after thrashing Iowa by 16 last game. Oklahoma State is 5-0, beating Tennessee/NC State on neutral floor; this is OSU's first true road game- they've got three frosh and soph in top five guys. ACC teams are 12-8 if spread is 5 or less.
-- Iowa State lost twice in Vegas last week, by 8 to Cincinnati, 12 to the hot Rebels; their four wins are vs teams ranked #284 or lower. BYU lost both its games vs teams ranked above #139, losing by 18 to Florida St., 10 to Notre Dame on neutral floors- this is their first true road tilt. Big X home favorites are 6-10 vs spread. WCC road underdogs are 3-5.
-- First true road game for 7-0 New Mexico squad that beat UConn and George Mason on neutral floor two weeks ago; Lobos are #6 in country at getting to foul line, #13 in making foul shots. Indiana State beat up on four stiffs since losing opener by 27 at UCLA. MWC road favorites are 3-1-1 vs spread this season. MVC single digit underdogs are 9-5.
-- Creighton was 7-0 LY, then lost 80-71 at St Joe's, which avenged loss (82-75) from previous year; Bluejays got thumped at home by Boise St. last game, their first loss after six wins (beat Wisconsin/Arizona State on neutral floor). St Joe's is 4-1 with wins over Notre Dame/Harvard; they lost to Florida State by 7 on neutral floor. MVC home favorites: 8-6.
-- Cincinnati won twice vs top 70 teams in Vegas last week, winning by 8 vs Iowa State, 11 vs Oregon; Bearcats' other four wins are vs teams at #284 or lower. First true road game for Alabama team that beat Villanova and Oregon State on neutral floor, and pretty good South Dakota State at home. Big East single digit home favorites are 9-3 against the spread.
-- Southern Mississippi beat New Mexico State twice LY, up in Alaska by 8, then by 8 again at home nine days later; Golden Eagles are 6-0 with new coach this season, with pair of OT wins, allowing 56.5 ppg. Aggies are 2-4 after losing by point at UTEP Wednesday; they're 0-3 in games won by single digits. Best team they've beaten is #230 ULL.
-- Wyoming beat Colorado 65-54 in Boulder LY; Cowboys are 7-0 this year, but best team they beat is #196 Northern Colorado. Buffs are 6-0, with impressive neutral floor wins over Dayton-Baylor-Murray State, all top 100 teams- this is CU's first true road game. Colorado is making 40% of 3's, is #2 in country at getting to foul line, but make only 69%.
-- Cal Poly had maybe greatest win in school history Sunday when they upset UCLA in Pauley Pavilion; they are turning ball over less than any team in country, but are just 2-2, losing by 7 at TCU, by 9 to Fresno St. at home. St Mary's snuck by Mustangs 59-54 on road LY; Gaels are 4-2 after losing last two games in Anaheim tourney, scoring 66-56 points.
-- San Diego State survived game of runs to win 66-60 at USC Sunday, its 4th win in row since losing to Syracuse on windy battleship to open season- they're not shooting well, making 28% from arc, 59.4% on line. UCLA lost Lamb/Smith to transfers this week- they're 5-2, losing by 8 to Georgetown, only top 100 team they've faced. Aztecs travel lot of fans, so Anaheim will be at worst be neutral court for them.
-- Belmont is 5-1 after blowing double digit lead and losing up in Alaska to Northeastern, offsetting upset win at Stanford on way there; Bruins are #17 in country in experience. VCU is 4-3, 1-3 vs teams ranked in top 40; they lost 2 of 3 in Bahamas last week, beating Memphis by 13 for only win. OVC single digit road underdogs are 6-5 against the spread.
Re: College Basketball Betting News and Notes Saturday December, 1
College Basketball Point Spreads, Lines and Trends
By: The Linemakers
San Diego State at UCLA - 10:00 p.m. ET
Line: UCLA -2.5, Total: 137.5
It's been a tough week for UCLA with both guard Tyler Lamb and center Josh Smith no longer part of the program. The Bruins have enough talent to overcome those losses on the floor, but you have to wonder what is going on in the locker room. They really didn't need more issues in the program after last year. San Diego State will present a big challenge. The Aztecs are still trying to make their mark on the national scene after the windswept game against Syracuse on the aircraft carrier. This is a good stage for them to do it.
There is plenty to like about the Aztecs, especially when they play California teams, against whom they have won 25 straight games over the past three years -- they've also won 10 in a row against Pac-12 opponents. The Aztecs hope to have second leading scorer Chase Tapley back tonight, who missed their last win over USC. Tapley is averaging 11.8 points, and the Aztecs have won four in a row since losing to Syracuse.
This will be the first meeting between these teams since 1991. UCLA holds a 16-5 edge all-time. We like the Aztecs getting points tonight.
Aztecs are 6-1 ATS in their last seven vs. Pacific-12.
Aztecs are 5-2 ATS in their last seven games following a SU win.
Aztecs are 41-18-1 ATS in their last 60 Saturday games.
Aztecs are 35-17-1 ATS in their last 53 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
Bruins are 4-0 ATS in their last four vs. Mountain West.
Over is 5-1 in Aztecs' last six games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
Over is 5-0 in Bruins' last five games following a SU win of more than 20 points.
Over is 4-0 in Bruins' last four vs. Mountain West.
Coppin State vs No. 1 Indiana –7:30 p.m. ET
Line: N/A, Total: N/A
· Eagles are 6-2 ATS in their last eight road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
· Eagles are 1-7 ATS in their last eight games overall.
· Hoosiers are 6-1 ATS in their last seven games overall.
· Hoosiers are 20-8 ATS in their last 28 home games.
· Under is 6-1 in Hoosiers last seven Saturday games.
No. 3 Michigan vs Bradley – 4:00 p.m. ET
Line: Michigan -13, Total: 137.5
· Wolverines are 15-5-1 ATS in their last 21 road games.
· Wolverines are 19-7-1 ATS in their last 27 non-conference games.
· Wolverines are 35-15-1 ATS in their last 51 games overall.
· Braves are 4-1 ATS in their last five games overall.
· Braves are 6-2 ATS in their last eight Saturday games.
· Over is 11-3-1 in Wolverines' last 15 Saturday games.
· Over is 10-3-1 in Wolverines' last 14 non-conference games.
· Under is 5-0 in Braves' last five Saturday games.
· Under is 4-0 in Braves last four home games.
· Under is 4-0 in Braves' last four games following a ATS win.
· Under is 11-1 in Braves' last 12 overall.
N. Kentucky vs No. 4 Ohio St – 4:30 p.m. ET
Line: N/A, Total: N/A
· Buckeyes are 5-2 ATS in their last seven non-conference games.
· Buckeyes are 5-2 ATS in their last seven games overall.
· Buckeyes are 2-5 ATS in their last seven Saturday games.
· Over is 8-0 in Buckeyes' last eight home games.
· Over is 4-0-1 in Buckeyes' last five games following a SU loss.
· Over is 12-3 in Buckeyes' last 15 overall.
· Over is 6-2 in Buckeyes' last eight non-conference games.
No. 9 Arizona vs Texas Tech – 8:00 p.m. ET
Line: Arizona -11, Total: 147.5
· Wildcats are 16-5 ATS in their last 21 vs. Big 12.
· Wildcats are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 road games.
· Wildcats are 5-2 ATS in their last seven games overall.
· Wildcats are 0-4 ATS in their last four Saturday games.
· Red Raiders are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 home games.
· Red Raiders are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games following a SU win.
· Red Raiders are 2-6 ATS in their last eight games overall.
· Red Raiders are 5-16 ATS in their last 21 non-conference games.
· Under is 5-0 in Wildcats' last five overall.
· Under is 6-1 in Red Raiders' last seven non-conference games.
· Over is 4-1 in Red Raiders' last five Saturday games.
Pacific vs No. 12 Gonzaga – 8:00 p.m. ET
Line: Gonzaga -19.5, Total: N/A
· Tigers are 1-5 ATS in their last six games overall.
· Tigers are 1-6 ATS in their last seven road games.
· Bulldogs are 8-1 ATS in their last nine non-conference games.
· Bulldogs are 7-1 ATS in their last eight games overall.
· Under is 11-4-1 in Bulldogs' last 16 non-conference games.
· Under is 34-15-2 in Bulldogs' last 51 home games.
· Under is 44-20-1 in Bulldogs' last 65 overall.
UAB vs No. 14 North Carolina – 6:00 p.m. ET
Line: UNC -16.5, Total: 149
· Blazers are 1-4 ATS in their last five non-conference games.
· Blazers are 1-4 ATS in their last five games overall.
· Tar Heels are 4-0 ATS in their last four vs. Conference USA.
· Tar Heels are 4-0 ATS in their last four home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
· Under is 23-9-1 in Blazers' last 33 road games.
· Over is 5-2 in Blazers' last seven Saturday games.
· Under is 35-15-1 in Blazers' last 51 non-conference games.
· Under is 4-1 in Tar Heels' last five non-conference games.
· Under is 4-1 in Tar Heels' last five Saturday games.