Posted : January 16, 2018 10:51 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

STEPHEN NOVER
NBA | Jan 16, 2018
Pelicans vs. Celtics
Celtics-4½

Brad Stevens may be the best coach in the NBA with the possible exception of Gregg Popovich. So it's not a huge surprise the Celtics own the best point spread mark in the league at 27-15-2 (64%). Boston has won seven in a row. The Celtics are extremely well rested having last played on Thursday in London and draw New Orleans with the spread opening smaller than I thought it would. The Celtics' No. 1 ranked defense surrenders nearly 14 points fewer points per game than New Orleans. Boston catches the Pelicans off a big comeback overtime road victory against the Knicks this past Sunday. All but one of New Orleans' starters, Rajon Rondo, logged more than 44 minutes in that game. Anthony Davis played nearly 50 minutes. This marks the Pelicans' thrid game in five days. New Orleans is at Atlanta on Wednesday. So if his team falls far behind, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry just may keep his starters out the rest of the way in order to rest them for tomorrow in a far more winnable situation. This is just Boston's second game in 11 days. So perhaps there could be a rust factor. But I believe Stevens will have his team fresh, well-prepared and raring to play again. The Celtics have had four full days to recover since returning from London. They practiced on Saturday and Monday. The extended time off has allowed Al Horford and Jayson Tatum to recover from their knee injuries. Both are expected to play here. Davis and DeMarcus Cousins can present matchup difficulties. Stevens has the coaching acumen and versatile roster to combat this, however. Think unsung center Aron Baynes. Stevens versus Gentry is a huge coaching mismatch in Boston's favor. The Celtics have defeated the Pelicans in five of the last six meetings, including the past three at TD Garden.

Posted : January 16, 2018 10:52 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

SCOTT SPREITZER
NCAA-B | Jan 16, 2018
Western Michigan vs. Kent State
Western Michigan-2

I'm recommending a play on Western Michigan minus the points on Tuesday. In what's nearly a win and you cover tilt, we're going against the home team. That home team, Kent State, can't shoot, ranked 273rd and 308th in FG percentage and 3-point accuracy, respectively. And outside of Jalen Avery the Golden Flashes turn the ball over too much for tonight's spot. In fact, they're slightly upside down in the assists/turnovers ratio at home. Western Michigan comes to town having covered 10 of their last 14 MAC games going back to last season and they're on a 4-1 ATS run on the road. The Broncos have been on a bit of a "heater," winning five of their last six, while covering four of their last five. They lost their first road game of the season at South Carolina as a double digit underdog, but have won four of their last five road games outright. We like the fact WMU owns a 1.35 assists/turnovers ratio on the road, averaging just 9.5 turnovers per contest. Basically, everything Kent State does, WMU does a little bit better, including shooting, defense, and rebounding. We're siding with Western Michigan minus the points on Tuesday. Thanks & GL! Scott Spreitzer.

Posted : January 16, 2018 10:52 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

LARRY NESS

My 1* Free Play is the New Orleans Pelicans (7:35 EST).

New Orleans comes in off an impressive 123-118 OT win over New York on Sunday, while Boston comes in having won seven straight, but having not played since its 114-103 victory over the 76ers in England last Thursday.

The Pelicans come in averaging 111 PPG, while also conceding 111 as well. Anthony Davis leads the nightly charge with 26.7 points, 10.5 boards and 2.08 blocks per game, while DeMarcus Cousins adds 25.5 points, 12.6 boards and 5.1 assists.

Davis had 48 points, 17 boards, four steals and three blocks in the come-back victory over the Knicks and I think he and Cousins carry that momentum over here.

Boston averages 103 PPG and it concedes 97.7. Kyrie Irving leads the nightly charge with 24 points, five assists and 1.19 steals per game, while Jaylen Brown adds 14.2 points and 5.7 boards.

With Philadelphia coming to town on Thursday looking for revenge after falling in London, it’s not too hard to imagine the C’s in some small way looking past their non-conference opponent tonight as well.

The Pelicans are getting consistent play on both ends of the court right now and I expect that to continue. While I’m not calling for the outright straight-up, I do definitely think this one sets up to be a highly competitive affair. Consider grabbing the points.

Good luck…Larry

Posted : January 16, 2018 10:53 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BEN BURNS
NHL | Jan 16, 2018
Flyers vs. Rangers
Rangers-111

At a pick'em price, I believe that the Rangers are offering us solid value on Tuesday. Off three straight losses, their first losing streak of more than two games since October, the Rangers should be "hungry." Over the years, NY is 88-65 (+17.6) when off three or more consecutive losses. That includes an 8-2 (+5.8) mark the last 10 in that situation. The Flyers, 16-27 (-14.7) the last 43 times that they played with exactly two day's rest in between games, are still 9-11 on the road. Meanwhile the Rangers are still 15-11 at home. Consider New York.

Posted : January 16, 2018 10:53 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

CHASE DIAMOND
NCAA-B | Jan 16, 2018
Bowling Green vs. Miami-OH
Bowling Green+3

This game features the Bowling Green Falcons and the Miami Ohio Red Hawks. Bowling Green is a much better team in the MAC East and they will be out to show that tonight. 3 point dogs is an insult and I am sure this team will be out to prove that. Miami Ohio beat them on their home floor a few days back look for them to get revenge tonight. 15* Bowling Green plus the points.

Posted : January 16, 2018 10:54 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Ryan Knuppel NBA

Boston -4

Posted : January 16, 2018 11:54 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Josh Nagel CBB

Kentucky -2.5
Wisconsin +15.5

Posted : January 16, 2018 11:55 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Josh Nagel CBB

Kentucky -2.5
Wisconsin +15.5

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Larry Hartstein NBA

Boston -4.5

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Teddy Davis
Jan 16 '18, 7:00 PM in 8h
NCAA-B | Louisville vs Notre Dame
Play on: Notre Dame -3 -107 at 5Dimes

I dont like this Louisville team at all. I think they have been pretty fortunate in conference play so far to play the likes of Pitt, Virginia Tech and Florida St. Their loss came @ Clemson. They have covered 4 straight which is keeping this line low. Notre Dame is expecting their sharp shooter in Farrell to return tonight which will give them a real boost. After ND lost a heart breaker to UNC I think they bounce back here tonight

Posted : January 16, 2018 11:56 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Totals Guru
Jan 16 '18, 9:00 PM in 10h
NCAA-B | Pittsburgh vs Syracuse
Play on: OVER 126 -110

Free Total Annihilator on Syracuse vs Pittsburgh Over 126

Posted : January 16, 2018 11:57 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator