Clear all

NBA Betting News and Trends For Friday, March 23, 2018

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Betting news, trends, odds and predictions for Friday, March 23, 2018 from various handicappers and websites

Posted : March 23, 2018 11:14 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Preview: Clippers at Pacers
Gracenote
Mar 22, 2018

The Los Angeles Clippers scored their way out of a losing streak with a 127-120 win at Milwaukee on Wednesday but need to string some wins together to get back into the race for a playoff spot in the Western Conference. The road trip doesn’t get any easier on Friday, when the Clippers visit the Indiana Pacers.

Los Angeles lost to four straight teams above them in the standings before going into Milwaukee and shooting 52.3 percent from the floor, including 15-of-30 from 3-point range, in the win, which came after the team held a players-only meeting. "Listen, I've been here for four years and I've only ever been to the playoffs," Clippers guard Austin Rivers told reporters. "I told (DeAndre Jordan) the same thing. I said, 'I'm not trying to go backwards.' And if we do lose and we don't make the playoffs, we at least go into the summer like, 'You know what? We gave it everything we got.'" The Pacers are drawing closer to clinching a playoff spot in the East but are battling for position and stumbling of late with losses in three of the last four. Indiana enters play on Thursday in a tie for fourth place in the East, 1 1/2 games behind the third-place Cleveland Cavaliers.

TV: 7 p.m. ET, FS Prime Ticket (Los Angeles), FS Indiana

ABOUT THE CLIPPERS (38-33): Jordan is the last star remaining from a Los Angeles squad that once also had Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, and he is doing his best to try to carry the team back to the playoffs. Jordan collected 25 points on 9-of-13 shooting and 22 rebounds against the Bucks and is averaging 18.5 rebounds in March. Rivers backed up his talk in the meeting by adding 22 points in the win and going 5-of-9 from 3-point range.

ABOUT THE PACERS (41-31): Indiana had to break up a three-game homestand to play a makeup game in New Orleans on Wednesday and suffered a 96-92 loss. "I just thought that we didn't really do a good job of executing," Pacers head coach Nate McMillan told reporters. "We didn't show any poise out there tonight. We were playing too fast. Everybody was taking quick shots and just settling for ... I don't know. Once again, we just get out there and throw the ball toward the basket and not executing offensively." The loss dropped Indiana, which is fighting for homecourt advantage in the first round, to 17-18 on the road.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Clippers SF Danilo Gallinari (broken hand) will not play on Friday but could return early next week.

2. Pacers C Domantas Sabonis (ankle) sat out the last four games and is doubtful for Friday.

3. Indiana, which visits Los Angeles on April 1, swept the two-game series last season.

PREDICTION: Pacers 106, Clippers 104

Posted : March 23, 2018 11:28 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Preview: Nuggets at Wizards
Gracenote
Mar 22, 2018

If the Denver Nuggets are going to make the Western Conference playoffs this spring, they are going to have to figure out a way to beat a good team on the road. The Nuggets will try to improve to 2-2 on the current seven-game trip when they visit the Washington Wizards on Friday.

Denver sits 1 1/2 games behind the eighth-place Utah Jazz in the West entering play on Thursday and is 12-23 on the road after thumping the lowly Chicago Bulls 135-102 on Wednesday. "On the road, just to play good, to be aggressive, to kind of have an easy win, I think that's important for us," Nuggets center Nikola Jokic told reporters. "Just to have a win." The road gets considerably tougher from here, with each of the next four games and six of the final 10 on the road against teams with winning records, starting with the Wizards. Washington fell into sixth place in the East with a loss at San Antonio on Wednesday but is just a half-game behind the fourth-place Philadelphia 76ers and two back of the third-place Cleveland Cavaliers in the battle for homecourt advantage in the first round.

TV: 7 p.m. ET, NBATV, Altitude (Denver), NBCS Washington

ABOUT THE NUGGETS (39-33): It felt like a home game in Chicago on Wednesday as the Bulls celebrated Serbian Heritage Night, and hundreds of fans came out in support of the Serbian-born Jokic. The 23-year-old treated the fans to 21 points on 9-of-11 shooting in 24 minutes as the rout afforded him a bit of a break after logging 47 minutes in Monday's 149-141 double-overtime loss at Miami. "It was a home game for him," Denver forward Paul Millsap told reporters of Jokic. "I can see why he was feeling it out there. His fans are our fans. The more the better. We gotta pack them up and bring them on our next trip."

ABOUT THE WIZARDS (40-31): Washington dropped three of its last five games and six of 10 after falling in San Antonio 98-90, and all six of those recent setbacks came against playoff-bound opponents. "It's frustrating because we were right there," All-Star guard Bradley Beal told reporters. "Every time we have a chance to move up (in the standings), we kind of take two steps back. All we can do is put it behind us and move on." Beal is doing his part to move the Wizards up in the standings and is averaging 24.7 points on 55.8 percent shooting over the last three games.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Wizards SG Jodie Meeks and PF Mike Scott both missed Wednesday's game due to illness and are day-to-day.

2. Nuggets leading scorer Gary Harris (17.7 points) sat out the last three games with a knee injury and is not expected to play on Friday.

3. Washington took the last three in the series, including a 109-104 win at Denver on Oct. 23.

PREDICTION: Wizards 113, Nuggets 109

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Preview: Suns at Cavaliers
Gracenote
Mar 22, 2018

The Cleveland Cavaliers have their eyes on the stretch drive as they enter Friday's home contest against the lowly Phoenix Suns. The Cavaliers are looking for their fourth straight win and are coming off a strong effort in a 132-129 comeback victory over the Eastern Conference-leading Toronto Raptors.

Cleveland stands third in the Eastern Conference and is focused on making an upcoming playoff run, and Wednesday's home win over Toronto could prove to be a catalyst. "It's a good win for us because of how depleted we are on our roster and everything that's been going on," All-Star forward LeBron James said. "It's a good win for us against a very good opponent, but I don't need to remind anybody about what my teams are capable of doing." The winning streak should continue against the sinking Suns, who have lost nine straight games and 24 of their past 26. Phoenix will likely be without its top two scorers in shooting guard Devin Booker (24.9 points) and small forward TJ Warren (19.6) due to injuries.

TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, FS Arizona, FS Ohio (Cleveland)

ABOUT THE SUNS (19-53): Booker (hand) is questionable after missing the past two games and Warren (knee) is doubtful after missing Tuesday's 115-88 loss to the Detroit Pistons. Phoenix interim coach Jay Triano said he has no plans to shut either player down for the season, stating professionals play until the end and Booker shares a similar standpoint. "Like I've always said, I love the game of basketball," Booker told reporters. "Those decisions aren't up to me, so I control what I control. If I feel I'm healthy to play, I'm going to play."

ABOUT THE CAVALIERS (42-29): Guard George Hill emerged from a slump to contribute 22 points on 10-of-11 shooting against Toronto for his second-highest output since being acquired from the Sacramento Kings in early February. "I've been playing like (bleep) the last couple weeks," Hill told reporters. "I've been hard on myself, staying in the gym with our coaches and things like that, shooting more, watching more film and just trying to figure out how I can find myself again." The timing of Hill's emergence was big with the roster depleted by the absences of center Tristan Thompson (ankle), swingman Rodney Hood (back) and power forward Larry Nance Jr. (hamstring).

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Cavaliers won the past six meetings, including a 129-107 road win on March 13.

2. Cleveland swingman Kyle Korver will miss his second consecutive contest after his 27-year-old brother, Kirk, died on Tuesday due to a sudden illness.

3. Phoenix C Alex Len had 19 points and 12 rebounds against Detroit for his 50th career double-double.

PREDICTION: Cavaliers 119, Suns 93

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Preview: Timberwolves at Knicks
Gracenote
Mar 22, 2018

The Minnesota Timberwolves are already feeling the playoff intensity, even though their spot has yet to be secured. After picking up a critical victory against one of their chief competitors in the Western Conference, the Timberwolves head back onto the road for a two-game trip beginning with a visit to the New York Knicks on Friday.

Karl-Anthony Towns recorded his 60th double-double with 30 points and 9 rebounds and Andrew Wiggins finished with 27 points as Minnesota topped the Los Angeles Clippers 123-109 on Tuesday, and it entered Thursday in seventh place in the crowded West race. "It's just desperation," Wiggins told reporters of the team's mindset against the Clippers, who are in 10th and 2 1/2 games back of the Timberwolves. "We know that we needed this game. They're right behind us." The matchup with Los Angeles began a closing stretch in which Minnesota plays 10 of its final 11 games against teams with a worse record. The Knicks more than qualify and are coming off a 21-point loss at Miami on Wednesday.

TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, FS North (Minnesota), MSG (New York)

ABOUT THE TIMBERWOLVES (41-31): Minnesota is 5-5 since losing All-Star Jimmy Butler to a knee injury, and Wiggins has scored at least 21 points in eight of those contests as he steps up his game. "If you want to go to the playoffs, you've got to grow up. Plain and simple. He's been doing a good job," veteran Taj Gibson told reporters of Wiggins, who made 4-of-5 3-pointers against the Clippers and is hitting 48.4 percent from long range this month. Derrick Rose, who has 23 points in 26 minutes over his last two games, sprained his ankle in Tuesday's game and is considered questionable for this one.

ABOUT THE KNICKS (26-46): New York is analyzing the play of its many young guards as the season winds down and Trey Burke has emerged from the pack of late. The Michigan product finished with 16 points and seven rebounds in the loss to Miami and is averaging 14.2 points in 21.2 minutes over his last five games while making 10-of-20 3-pointers. Veteran Michael Beasley seems committed to finishing strong and has topped the 20-point mark in three of the past five contests after recording 22 on 10-of-15 against the Heat.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Timberwolves PG Jeff Teague is averaging 21.5 points, 11.5 assists and five rebounds over his last two games.

2. Knicks C Enes Kanter has a double-double in six of nine games this month.

3. Towns had 23 points and 15 rebounds in a 118-108 home win over the Knicks on Jan. 12.

PREDICTION: Timberwolves 113, Knicks 105

Posted : March 23, 2018 11:30 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Preview: Nets at Raptors
Gracenote
Mar 22, 2018

The Toronto Raptors came up just short in an attempt to prove their first-place standing was no fluke in a loss at Cleveland on Wednesday, but they remain the only team in the Eastern Conference yet to reach 20 losses. The Raptors will try to get back into the win column and draw closer to clinching the No. 1 spot when they host the Brooklyn Nets on Friday.

Toronto is 4 1/2 games up on second-place Boston and 10 1/2 clear of the Cavaliers, but Cleveland represented the Eastern Conference in each of the last three NBA Finals and knocked the Raptors out of the playoffs each of the last two springs, including a four-game sweep in the Eastern Conference semifinals in 2017. Toronto dropped two of three following an 11-game winning streak but gets the next three games at home before a two-game trip through Boston and Cleveland. The Nets aren't quite in the class of the Raptors, Cavaliers and Celtics but had a chance to sweep a three-game homestand before squandering a 23-point, second-half lead in a 111-105 loss to the Charlotte Hornets on Wednesday. "Just disappointed," Nets coach Kenny Atkinson told reporters. "We had done a great job in the last two games locking down in the fourth quarter, and tonight, we didn't do it."

TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, YES (Brooklyn), Sportsnet One (Toronto)

ABOUT THE NETS (23-49): Brooklyn was outscored 9-0 over the final two minutes on Wednesday and was not pleased about its effort down the stretch. "It's extremely frustrating just because we had some momentum and you're trying to continue it to Toronto, where it's an especially tough game going on the road against a top team in the East," Nets small forward Joe Harris told reporters. "So, it's one of those games where obviously it would have been great to come away with a win, three in a row, have some momentum going into Toronto. But we know there are some things we can definitely learn from this game, and, like I said, we'll evaluate the film and kind of go from there." Harris was one of three reserves to score in double figures with 11 points in the loss.

ABOUT THE RAPTORS (53-19): Toronto shot 54 percent from the floor at Cleveland but allowed the Cavaliers to go off at 60.3 percent and watched LeBron James rack up 35 points and 17 assists without a turnover. "We had some breakdowns, over help," Raptors coach Dwane Casey told reporters. "You know, again, with a great player like James, you can't give him both. Where he's got the assists and the scoring. He's got to do one or the other and then we kind of fell into the rhythm of giving him both." Point guard Kyle Lowry scored 24 points in the loss but called the team's defense "disgraceful."

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Lowry is 18-of-29 from 3-point range over the last three games.

2. Brooklyn PF Dante Cunningham (concussion) missed the last three games and is day-to-day.

3. Toronto is enjoying an 11-game winning streak in the series.

PREDICTION: Raptors 120, Nets 106

Posted : March 23, 2018 11:31 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Preview: Bucks at Bulls
Gracenote
Mar 22, 2018

The Milwaukee Bucks are slipping at the wrong time, and now they're without their best player. The Bucks will try to avoid a third straight loss without the help of Giannis Antetokounmpo when they visit the Chicago Bulls on Friday.

Milwaukee went into play on Thursday in eighth place in the East, five games up on ninth-place Detroit, but dropped nine of its last 13 after falling 127-120 to the Los Angeles Clippers. "We need to come out focused and aggressive from the jump," Bucks coach Joe Prunty told reporters. "That's about as important as anything is the mental approach to it. We need to come out and set a tone and we need to sustain it for 48 minutes." The Bulls seem like an easy mark for a playoff-bound team, even one missing its best player, after being trounced 135-102 at home by the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday. "These guys are getting an unbelievable opportunity right now, to come out and prove that they belong in this league, prove that they belong in the rotation, try to prove that they belong long term with the organization," Chicago coach Fred Hoiberg told reporters of his young team. "We're just obviously way too inconsistent with it."

TV: 8 p.m. ET, FS Wisconsin (Milwaukee), NBCS Chicago

ABOUT THE BUCKS (37-34): Antetokounmpo left in the first half of Wednesday's loss and is doubtful for Friday. "He's our main guy," shooting guard Khris Middleton told reporters of Antetokounmpo after the loss. "The attention he creates on the offensive end, we definitely missed that throughout the whole game when he was out. We're a team, so when he goes out we can't give up. We know what we can do as a team, and tonight we just didn't do it." Antetokounmpo leads the Bucks in scoring (27.3 points), rebounds (10) and blocks (1.8) while adding 4.8 assists.

ABOUT THE BULLS (24-47): Chicago is giving all the young players on its roster a bigger role but is missing its three biggest building blocks of the future with power forward Lauri Markkanen (back), point guard Kris Dunn (toe) and guard Zach LaVine (knee) out. "We're down a couple of guys, three big pieces to our ball club, guys who can put the ball in the hole, get stops on the other end, too," forward Bobby Portis told reporters. "...We're a young basketball team. We should go out each and every night, play as hard as we can, get up and down and play both ends of the floor." The Bulls allowed the Nuggets to shoot 61.4 percent from the floor in Wednesday's setback.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Bulls SG Antonio Blakeney will miss the rest of the season with a fractured wrist.

2. Bucks PF Jabari Parker recorded season highs of 20 points and 30 minutes on Wednesday.

3. The road team took the last six in the series, including Milwaukee earning a 110-96 win in its last trip to Chicago on Jan. 28.

PREDICTION: Bucks 122, Bulls 108

Posted : March 23, 2018 11:31 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Preview: Heat at Thunder
Gracenote
Mar 22, 2018

The Oklahoma City Thunder begin a pivotal stretch where four of six games are at home as they entertain the Miami Heat on Friday. Oklahoma City also plays Portland, San Antonio (road), Denver, New Orleans (road) and Golden State during the stretch as it attempts to land home-floor advantage for the first round of the Western Conference playoffs.

The Thunder host Portland on Sunday as they try to chase down the third-place Trail Blazers but can't afford to look past Miami. Oklahoma City ripped off six straight wins before suffering a last-second 100-99 setback against the Boston Celtics on Tuesday. The Heat stand seventh in the Eastern Conference but are solidly positioned for a playoff spot as they are 6 1/2 games clear of the ninth-place Detroit Pistons with 10 games to play. Miami is expected to be without center Hassan Whiteside (hip) for the seventh straight game and shooting guard Dwyane Wade (hamstring) for the sixth consecutive contest.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, FS Sun (Miami), FS Oklahoma

ABOUT THE HEAT (39-33): Center Kelly Olynyk contributed 22 points and a career-best 10 assists in Wednesday's 119-98 victory over the New York Knicks and has been superb during the team's three-game winning streak. Olynyk had 30 points, eight rebounds, six assists and a career-high four blocked shots in Monday's win over Denver and is averaging 23 points on 26-of-41 shooting over the stretch. "There's a lot of things that the defense has to negotiate through when he's on the court and he's playing at a high level," Miami coach Erik Spoelstra told reporters. "And that's where he has been building and trending to."

ABOUT THE THUNDER (43-30): The one-point loss to Boston stung for multiple reasons, including the NBA revealing that Celtics forward Marcus Morris traveled before making the winning 3-point shot with 1.2 seconds left, and that Oklahoma City forward Carmelo Anthony missed two free throws with his team leading by two with 8.4 seconds left to set up the finish. Anthony was despondent after the contest - he had 13 points on 5-of-13 shooting - but vowed he would beat himself up and then move on. "He'll be a legend in this league when it's all said and done," Thunder All-Star forward Paul George told reporters of Anthony. "For sure, in moments like this, not many times we can say he's missed two free throws. It's nothing needs to be said. He knows we got his back. He knows we're behind him."

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Thunder won the past three meetings and five of the last six.

2. Oklahoma City All-Star PG Russell Westbrook needs to average 12.6 rebounds over the final nine games to average a triple-double for a second straight campaign.

3. Miami backup SG Wayne Ellington (201) is the third player in franchise history to make 200 3-pointers in a season, joining Damon Jones (225 in 2004-05) and Tim Hardaway Sr. (203 in 1996-97).

PREDICTION: Thunder 113, Heat 108

Posted : March 23, 2018 11:32 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Preview: Jazz at Spurs
Gracenote
Mar 23, 2018

The Utah Jazz seek to finish off a four-game season sweep of San Antonio when they visit the Spurs on Friday. Utah has recorded four straight overall victories against the Spurs for their best stretch of success against San Antonio in eight years.

The Jazz have won 10 of their past 11 games and 22 of their last 25 after recording a 119-112 victory over the host Dallas Mavericks on Thursday and they share the same record as the Minnesota Timberwolves for the final two playoff spots in the Western Conference. "I told the group before the game that we control our own destiny right now," Utah power forward Derrick Favors told reporters after the victory. "We've got to come out and play hard, stay focused, stay mentally prepared and we've got to win." San Antonio has recorded five straight victories and is in sixth place in the West, and well aware that they will lose a head-to-head tiebreaker with the Jazz. "They're a good team, but I still feel as though we let a couple of games go," Spurs forward Rudy Gay told reporters. "Obviously, they have any tiebreaker beating us three times, but I think for us we need to just go out there and get that win."

TV: 8:30 p.m. ET, AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain (Utah), FS Southwest (San Antonio)

ABOUT THE JAZZ (41-31): Favors (left knee) returned from a one-game absence and was a key component against the Mavericks with 19 points, seven rebounds and five assists as well as playing stout defense. "He always has a presence defensively being able to guard out on the floor in addition to in the lane and at the rim," Utah coach Quin Snyder told reporters of Favors. "He did a great job of finishing. He's tough, and he has such good hands that he's able to catch the ball and make plays and finish." Favors said that his knee felt good after the contest and that he would play on the second end of the back-to-back.

ABOUT THE SPURS (42-30): The drama regarding two-time All-Star Kawhi Leonard's injury status has picked up with veteran guard Manu Ginobili saying Leonard isn't returning this season and ESPN reporting that there was a confrontational team meeting in which players sought answers. Leonard, who has played in just nine games due to a preseason quadriceps injury, reportedly declined to set a return date or guarantee he would return this season. Not having their superstar is affecting the win-loss column as San Antonio needs to go 8-2 down the stretch to record its 19th consecutive 50-win campaign.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Jazz SF Joe Ingles, who has made a franchise-record 183 3-pointers this season, is 8-of-14 from long range against the Spurs this season.

2. San Antonio PG Tony Parker is averaging just 4.3 points on 7-of-22 shooting over the past four games.

3. Utah rookie SG Donovan Mitchell scored 26 points against Dallas and has recorded 25 or more points 24 times this season.

PREDICTION: Spurs 106, Jazz 104

Posted : March 23, 2018 11:32 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Preview: Celtics at Trail Blazers
Gracenote
Mar 22, 2018

When the Boston Celtics got a buzzer-beater to defeat the Portland Trail Blazers at home last month, the teams were in very different positions compared to the ones they find themselves heading into Friday's matchup in Portland. The Celtics were a mostly healthy bunch in first place in the Eastern Conference after that triumph and - despite a win over Oklahoma City on Wednesday - are a battered second-place squad entering a challenging road-heavy portion of the schedule.

Chief among their concerns is the status of All-Star guard Kyrie Irving, who will not travel with the team on the four-game road trip as he seeks a second opinion on a troublesome knee. "He's had some really good days recently," coach Brad Stevens told reporters before the 100-99 triumph over the Thunder on Wednesday. "So I'm encouraged by it in the big picture." The Trail Blazers will be seeking a measure of revenge and looking to bounce back from a 115-111 loss to Houston that snapped their 13-game winning streak. They were in sixth place in th West after the setback in Boston on Feb. 4 but now sit comfortably in third, two games up on fourth-place Oklahoma City.

TV: 10 p.m. ET, NBATV, NBCS Boston, NBCS Northwest (Portland)

ABOUT THE CELTICS (48-23): With Irving, Jaylen Brown (concussion) and Marcus Smart (thumb) all sidelined, Boston has been leaning on others to carry the torch and it was Jayson Tatum's turn on Wednesday, as the rookie had 23 points, 11 rebounds and assisted on Marcus Morris' decisive 3-pointer with 1.2 seconds left. "We're going to just keep throwing him to the wolves and keep going to him in those moments," Stevens said of Tatum, who has back-to-back 23-point games. Morris has been contributing more as well and averages 16.6 points - more than three over his season mark - in March.

ABOUT THE TRAIL BLAZERS (44-27): Star guards Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum combined to miss all 12 of their 3-point attempts and shot a collective 9-for-32 overall in the loss to the Rockets. "Credit their defense, but I had some pretty good looks," McCollum told reporters after finishing with eight points, only his second single-digit effort this season. "I'd like to get some of those back." Jusuf Nurkic picked up some of the slack with 21 points while recording his second straight double-double, both of which came with four blocked shots.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Celtics PF Al Horford, who hit the game-winner to defeat Portland last month, is averaging 5.5 points while shooting 5-of-20 over the last two games.

2. Portland plays seven of its next nine games on the road.

3. Stevens said Brown, who has missed five games in a row, could return early on the road trip.

PREDICTION: Trail Blazers 108, Celtics 100

Posted : March 23, 2018 11:33 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Preview: Hawks at Warriors
Gracenote
Mar 23, 2018

All-Star point guard Stephen Curry will return from a six-game absence because of a right ankle injury when the Golden State Warriors host the Atlanta Hawks on Friday. Warriors coach Steve Kerr said there is nothing gained by continuing to hold out Curry, who has experienced repeated issues with the ankle this season.

Curry has been sidelined since tweaking the ankle during the opening minutes of a March 8 contest against the San Antonio Spurs and he asserted he's ready to return when meeting with reporters. "I'm feeling good," Curry said. "Hopefully, we don't have to look in the rearview mirror anymore." Curry's longstanding troubles with that ankle include surgery in 2011 after his second NBA campaign and missing 56 games in his third season after injuring it at least five times. Struggling Atlanta has lost seven of its last eight games after dropping a 105-90 decision to the host Sacramento Kings on Thursday.

TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, FS Southeast (Atlanta), NBCS Bay Area (Golden State)

ABOUT THE HAWKS (21-51): Leading scorer Dennis Schroder (19.5 average) will be back in the lineup against the Warriors after being rested Thursday, two nights after scoring a career-high 41 points in a win over the Utah Jazz. Schroder's absence from the lineup allowed second-year pro Isaiah Taylor to make his second career start at point guard and he impressed with 18 points on 7-of-10 shooting in 26 minutes. "He continues to grow," Atlanta coach Mike Budenholzer said of Taylor in his postgame press conference. "I think his aggressiveness, his ability to get to the paint and get to the rim, and defensively, he had some great possessions. Happy with how he's playing, happy with how he's grown."

ABOUT THE WARRIORS (53-18): Golden State went 2-4 during Curry's absence, a span that includes All-Star shooting guard Klay Thompson (fractured thumb) missing the last four games and All-Star small forward Kevin Durant (rib) sitting out the past three contests. Durant returned to practice but wasn't cleared for Friday's game while Thompson began weight lifting but isn't yet ready to practice. The lackluster stretch has seen the Warriors fall 4 1/2 games behind the Houston Rockets for the top seed in the Western Conference and they bottomed out with Monday's 89-75 loss to the San Antonio Spurs when Golden State established a season low for points.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Warriors have won the past six meetings and 11 of the last 12.

2. Golden State PG Quinn Cook averaged 24.3 points and made 12-of-22 3-point attempts over the past three games while doing his own Curry impersonation.

3. Atlanta SF Taurean Prince is averaging nine points on 6-of-23 shooting over the last two outings after averaging 30.8 points over the previous four contests.

PREDICTION: Warriors 129, Hawks 93

Posted : March 23, 2018 11:33 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

NBA
Long Sheet

Friday, March 23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LA CLIPPERS (38 - 33) at INDIANA (41 - 31) - 3/23/2018, 7:05 PM
Top Trends for this game.
LA CLIPPERS are 218-273 ATS (-82.3 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season since 1996.
INDIANA is 40-32 ATS (+4.8 Units) in all games this season.
INDIANA is 21-11 ATS (+8.9 Units) as a favorite this season.
INDIANA is 220-165 ATS (+38.5 Units) on Friday nights since 1996.
INDIANA is 68-50 ATS (+13.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
LA CLIPPERS are 22-13 ATS (+7.7 Units) in road games this season.
LA CLIPPERS are 25-13 ATS (+10.7 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
INDIANA is 3-1 against the spread versus LA CLIPPERS over the last 3 seasons
INDIANA is 3-1 straight up against LA CLIPPERS over the last 3 seasons
3 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DENVER (39 - 33) at WASHINGTON (40 - 31) - 3/23/2018, 7:05 PM
DENVER is 5-13 ATS (-9.3 Units) after a win by 10 points or more this season.
DENVER is 49-33 ATS (+12.7 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 3 seasons.
DENVER is 18-8 ATS (+9.2 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 16-27 ATS (-13.7 Units) as a favorite this season.
WASHINGTON is 12-21 ATS (-11.1 Units) in home games this season.
WASHINGTON is 152-199 ATS (-66.9 Units) on Friday nights since 1996.

WASHINGTON is 3-2 against the spread versus DENVER over the last 3 seasons
WASHINGTON is 3-2 straight up against DENVER over the last 3 seasons
3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

MINNESOTA (41 - 31) at NEW YORK (26 - 46) - 3/23/2018, 7:35 PM
MINNESOTA is 367-431 ATS (-107.1 Units) in the second half of the season since 1996.
MINNESOTA is 22-34 ATS (-15.4 Units) in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 13-24 ATS (-13.4 Units) after scoring 115 points or more over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 39-63 ATS (-30.3 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 9-19 ATS (-11.9 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record - 2nd half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
NEW YORK is 6-14 ATS (-9.4 Units) in the second half of the season this season.
NEW YORK is 12-23 ATS (-13.3 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
NEW YORK is 4-13 ATS (-10.3 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season this season.

NEW YORK is 4-1 against the spread versus MINNESOTA over the last 3 seasons
NEW YORK is 4-1 straight up against MINNESOTA over the last 3 seasons

PHOENIX (19 - 53) at CLEVELAND (42 - 29) - 3/23/2018, 7:35 PM
There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

CLEVELAND is 3-2 against the spread versus PHOENIX over the last 3 seasons
CLEVELAND is 5-0 straight up against PHOENIX over the last 3 seasons

BROOKLYN (23 - 49) at TORONTO (53 - 19) - 3/23/2018, 7:35 PM
TORONTO is 40-32 ATS (+4.8 Units) in all games this season.
TORONTO is 21-8 ATS (+12.2 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
TORONTO is 34-21 ATS (+10.9 Units) after scoring 115 points or more over the last 2 seasons.
TORONTO is 23-13 ATS (+8.7 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
BROOKLYN is 40-31 ATS (+5.9 Units) in all games this season.
BROOKLYN is 33-23 ATS (+7.7 Units) as an underdog this season.
BROOKLYN is 22-12 ATS (+8.8 Units) in road games this season.
BROOKLYN is 26-13 ATS (+11.7 Units) in road games revenging a home loss vs opponent over the last 2 seasons.
BROOKLYN is 25-15 ATS (+8.5 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
BROOKLYN is 13-4 ATS (+8.6 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
BROOKLYN is 13-4 ATS (+8.6 Units) in road games versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.

TORONTO is 8-3 against the spread versus BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
TORONTO is 11-0 straight up against BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
7 of 11 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

MIAMI (39 - 33) at OKLAHOMA CITY (43 - 30) - 3/23/2018, 8:05 PM
MIAMI is 87-64 ATS (+16.6 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 53-33 ATS (+16.7 Units) as an underdog over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 22-13 ATS (+7.7 Units) in road games this season.
MIAMI is 35-18 ATS (+15.2 Units) in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 18-8 ATS (+9.2 Units) in March games over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 32-18 ATS (+12.2 Units) on Friday nights over the last 3 seasons.
MIAMI is 15-5 ATS (+9.5 Units) after 3 or more consecutive wins over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 41-28 ATS (+10.2 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 22-6 ATS (+15.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 13-4 ATS (+8.6 Units) in road games versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.
MIAMI is 20-9 ATS (+10.1 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 30-42 ATS (-16.2 Units) in all games this season.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 23-37 ATS (-17.7 Units) as a favorite this season.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 9-18 ATS (-10.8 Units) after a non-conference game this season.

OKLAHOMA CITY is 3-1 against the spread versus MIAMI over the last 3 seasons
OKLAHOMA CITY is 3-1 straight up against MIAMI over the last 3 seasons
4 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

MILWAUKEE (37 - 34) at CHICAGO (24 - 47) - 3/23/2018, 8:05 PM
MILWAUKEE is 28-38 ATS (-13.8 Units) in all games this season.
MILWAUKEE is 33-47 ATS (-18.7 Units) as a favorite over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 6-16 ATS (-11.6 Units) in the second half of the season this season.
MILWAUKEE is 10-21 ATS (-13.1 Units) on Friday nights over the last 2 seasons.

CHICAGO is 6-5 against the spread versus MILWAUKEE over the last 3 seasons
CHICAGO is 6-5 straight up against MILWAUKEE over the last 3 seasons
6 of 11 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

UTAH (41 - 31) at SAN ANTONIO (42 - 30) - 3/23/2018, 8:35 PM
SAN ANTONIO is 1041-910 ATS (+40.0 Units) in all games since 1996.
SAN ANTONIO is 831-706 ATS (+54.4 Units) as a favorite since 1996.
SAN ANTONIO is 22-13 ATS (+7.7 Units) in home games this season.
SAN ANTONIO is 192-147 ATS (+30.3 Units) in March games since 1996.
SAN ANTONIO is 18-7 ATS (+10.3 Units) on Friday nights over the last 2 seasons.
SAN ANTONIO is 51-34 ATS (+13.6 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 3 seasons.
SAN ANTONIO is 187-141 ATS (+31.9 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season since 1996.
UTAH is 16-5 ATS (+10.5 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season over the last 2 seasons.

SAN ANTONIO is 6-4 against the spread versus UTAH over the last 3 seasons
SAN ANTONIO is 6-5 straight up against UTAH over the last 3 seasons
8 of 11 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

BOSTON (48 - 23) at PORTLAND (44 - 27) - 3/23/2018, 10:05 PM
PORTLAND is 39-25 ATS (+11.5 Units) in all games this season.
PORTLAND is 25-16 ATS (+7.4 Units) as a favorite this season.
PORTLAND is 14-4 ATS (+9.6 Units) in the second half of the season this season.
PORTLAND is 9-0 ATS (+9.0 Units) in March games this season.
PORTLAND is 11-2 ATS (+8.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season this season.
BOSTON is 42-26 ATS (+13.4 Units) in all games this season.
BOSTON is 13-3 ATS (+9.7 Units) as an underdog this season.
BOSTON is 23-10 ATS (+12.0 Units) in road games this season.
BOSTON is 13-4 ATS (+8.6 Units) off an upset win as an underdog over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 47-33 ATS (+10.7 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 23-13 ATS (+8.7 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.

PORTLAND is 2-2 against the spread versus BOSTON over the last 3 seasons
BOSTON is 3-2 straight up against PORTLAND over the last 3 seasons

ATLANTA (21 - 51) at GOLDEN STATE (53 - 18) - 3/23/2018, 10:35 PM
ATLANTA is 8-18 ATS (-11.8 Units) in March games over the last 2 seasons.
GOLDEN STATE is 29-39 ATS (-13.9 Units) in all games this season.
GOLDEN STATE is 3-13 ATS (-11.3 Units) in home games on Friday nights over the last 3 seasons.

ATLANTA is 3-2 against the spread versus GOLDEN STATE over the last 3 seasons
GOLDEN STATE is 5-0 straight up against ATLANTA over the last 3 seasons
3 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Posted : March 23, 2018 11:34 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

NBA

Friday, March 23

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LA CLIPPERS @ INDIANA
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Clippers's last 5 games when playing on the road against Indiana
The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Clippers's last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Indiana's last 5 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Indiana's last 12 games

DENVER @ WASHINGTON
The total has gone OVER in 15 of Denver's last 19 games
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Denver's last 11 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington's last 5 games
Washington is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Denver

PHOENIX @ CLEVELAND
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Phoenix's last 8 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
Phoenix is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
Cleveland is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Phoenix
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Cleveland's last 8 games when playing at home against Phoenix

MINNESOTA @ NEW YORK
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Minnesota's last 7 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota's last 5 games on the road
New York is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Minnesota
New York is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Minnesota

BROOKLYN @ TORONTO
Brooklyn is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Brooklyn's last 6 games on the road
Toronto is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Brooklyn
Toronto is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Brooklyn

MILWAUKEE @ CHICAGO
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Milwaukee's last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 5 games when playing Chicago
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chicago's last 5 games when playing Milwaukee
Chicago is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home

MIAMI @ OKLAHOMA CITY
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami's last 5 games when playing Oklahoma City
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Miami's last 8 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Oklahoma City's last 5 games when playing Miami
Oklahoma City is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games

UTAH @ SAN ANTONIO
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Utah's last 5 games when playing on the road against San Antonio
Utah is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
San Antonio is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
San Antonio is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

BOSTON @ PORTLAND
Boston is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston's last 5 games
Portland is 13-1 SU in its last 14 games
Portland is 10-0-1 ATS in its last 11 games

ATLANTA @ GOLDEN STATE
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta's last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta's last 7 games when playing on the road against Golden State
Golden State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Golden State's last 5 games at home

Posted : March 23, 2018 11:35 am
Share: