Clear all

Picks: Free Service Plays for Tuesday, April 10, 2018

26 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Betting news, trends, odds and predictions for Tuesday, April 10, 2018 from various handicappers and websites

Posted : April 10, 2018 10:18 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd
Apr 10 '18, 7:05 PM in 8h
MLB | TOR vs BAL
Play on: OVER 8 -113

Free Pick on Blue Jays/Orioles OVER

Posted : April 10, 2018 10:42 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mark Wilson
Apr 10 '18, 8:05 PM in 9h
MLB | LAA vs TEX
Play on: UNDER 9½ -115

Free Play on Angels vs Rangers under 9½ -115

Posted : April 10, 2018 10:42 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Totals Guru
Apr 10 '18, 7:10 PM in 8h
MLB | NYM vs MIA
Play on: OVER 7½ -110

Free Total Annihilator On Mets vs Marlins over 7½ -110

Posted : April 10, 2018 10:43 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence
MLB | Mets vs Marlins
Play on: Marlins +170 at pinnacle

Play - Miami Marlins vs DeGrom (Game 906).

Edges - Marlins: 5-0 L5 games in this series; and 7-2 L9 home games in this series… Mets: DeGrom 1-6 L7 team starts in this series, including 0-3 L3 here… We recommend a 1* play on Miami. Thank you and good luck as always.

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Sal Michaels
Apr 10 '18, 7:05 PM in 8h
MLB | Reds vs Phillies
Play on: Phillies -177 at GTBets

Free Play on Phillies -177

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Scott Rickenbach
Apr 10 '18, 2:20 PM in 3h
MLB | Pirates vs Cubs
Play on: Cubs -140 at BMaker

Scott "The Bulldog" Rickenbach MLB Free Pick Tuesday Chicago Cubs Money Line (-) vs Pittsburgh Pirates @ 2:20 ET - As long time followers know, I do not play big 2 to 1 favorites in baseball and I rarely ever even play favorites in the -150 range. Most of my plays in MLB are totals and dogs with a few small faves mixed in. As for this particular case, there is tremendous line value on this one as the Cubs opened up at very nearly a 2 to 1 favorite for this game originally scheduled for Monday but are now down as low as a -140 as of the time of this write-up Tuesday morning. The reason for the drop is that the Pirates are a surprising 7-2 to start the season and Cubs starter Tyler Chatwood's overall numbers in recent seasons aren't that impressive and Chicago is expected to be without Anthony Rizzo (back). About these issues, first off the Bucs good start is certainly commendable but it is a good idea not to over-react too early in the season. Keep in mind, coming into this season the Cubs were projected to finish 20 games in front of the Pirates in the division! As for Rizzo, the Cubs have plenty of other lumber to make up for his absence. As for Chatwood, his numbers were skewed by pitching home games at hitter-friendly Coors Field. In his road games the past two seasons he had a 2.57 ERA and a 1.17 WHIP. Also his fastball has been on an uptick in velocity and his curve has a great spin rate on its rotation and breaks much better in dense air compared to the thin air of Coors Field. Add it all up and I'll take Chatwood over Ivan Nova in a home opener at this price range any time! Nova was 3-12 with a 5.02 ERA on the road last season. Free Pick CHICAGO CUBS

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Kenny Walker
MLB | Yankees vs Red Sox
Play on: Yankees +132 at BetPhoenix

Free Pick on Yankees

Posted : April 10, 2018 10:44 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Info Plays
Apr 10 '18, 2:10 PM in 3h
MLB | Rays vs White Sox
Play on: Rays -1½ +166 at BMaker

1* Free Play on Rays -1½ +166

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jesse Schule
Apr 10 '18, 2:20 PM in 3h
MLB | Pirates vs Cubs
Play on: Cubs -143 at pinnacle
Pittsburgh vs Chicago Free Pick April 10, 2018 The Cubs return home after taking three of four in a series versus the Brewers in Milwaukee, and I like Chicago in Game 1 versus division leaders Pittsburgh.

Ivan Nova will toe the slab for the Pirates, and he's struggled on the road in recent seasons. Nova (0-1, 6.10 ERA) was 3-12 with a 5.02 ERA in 19 starts on the road last season. He allowed seven runs on eight hits over 9 2/3 innings while going 1-1 in two starts at Wrigley last season.

The Cubs will hand the ball to Tyler Chatwood, who has pretty dramatic day/night splits. The 28 year old is 10-5 with a 3.01 ERA in his last 15 starts in afternoon games, but his ERA at night during that span is over 5.00.

The Cubs have won 10 of their last 14 at Wrigley, while the Pirates have lost 13 of their last 19 at Wrigley.

Take CHI.

GL,

Jesse Schule

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Dennis Macklin
MLB | NYM vs MIA
Play on: UNDER 8 -105

DMack's Free Play for Tuesday, April 10, 2018 is on the Mets/Marlins Under

The Mets are getting tremendous pitching including Jacob deGrom who is 2-0 with a 1.54 ERA. The under is 5-2 in the Mets L7 and the Met's pen ERA is a razor sharp 1.21 over 37 2/3 innings of work. Caleb Smith has good stuff but needs to find the plate. His ERA is 4.32 but he's walked 9 in 8 2/3 inning but seems to wriggle out of jams. Runs will be tough to come by here, play the under.

Posted : April 10, 2018 10:46 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Red Dog Sports
Apr 13 '18, 10:30 PM in 3d
Soccer | Los Angeles FC vs Vancouver Whitecaps
Play on: Vancouver Whitecaps -110 at Bovada

Vancouver -110

Our free soccer play takes place in the MLS on April 13. Take Vancouver -110.

LA 1

Vancouver 2

Posted : April 10, 2018 10:46 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Your Tuesday freebie is the Mets on the Run Line over the Marlins.

New York has been as hot as hot can be this first month of the season, as last night's 4-2 win over Miami in the series opener pushed their win streak to 6 in a row. 4 of those 6 wins have come by 2-runs or better, and there is no reason to believe tonight's contest won't be another 2-runs or better win.

Miami has seen 5 of their last 6 games fall in the loss column, and all 5 of those losses have come by at least 2 runs or more.

Jacob de Grom and Caleb Smith will be on the hill tonight, and de Grom has come out of the gate with a 2-0 mark in his pair of starts, just 2 runs allowed on 8 hits in his 11-plus innings worked, and he has also fanned a dozen.

Smith pitched well in his season debut at home against the Cubs, but his last trip to the mound saw 6 free-passes in just 3 innings of work with 3 runs surrendered to the Phillies.

Can't jump off the Mets bandwagon just yet, especially since they are facing the Marlins.

Mets Run Line for Tuesday.

4* N.Y. METS -1 1/2 RUNS

Posted : April 10, 2018 10:48 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free play is on the Baltimore Orioles over the Toronto Blue Jays, and I want you listing the scheduled starting pitchers: Andrew Cashner over Aaron Sanchez.

Toronto has opened the season 7-4 thanks to an offense that belted 17 home runs in its first 11 games of the season. Tonight, however, I'm banking on Cashner to neutralize the lineup with a steady flow from his arsenal.

The big power pitcher who features two- and four-seam fastballs in the mid-90s bounced back from a rough debut by tossing six innings of one-run ball in last Thursday’s win at Yankee Stadium.

I like the righty to keep things rolling against Toronto, as he will be able to keep hitters off balance with a hard breaking ball in the mid-80s, a pitch with a nasty bite and depth. He also mixes in a circle-change to left-handed hitters, which will help in this game.

Sanchez, meanwhile, is in after suffering a second consecutive loss in his last outing, allowing three runs on six hits in six innings of work against the Chicago White Sox. The young right-hander finished with a loss and a no-decision in two starts versus the O's last season.

This year Sanchez catches a team that has shown success with its power, and has made it knows it's time to improve with runners in scoring position. Baltimore went 0-for-12 with runners in scoring position in last night's series-opener. The Orioles have the third-worst batting average (.174) with RISP, but tonight something tells me there is nothing else to do but improve.

Take the Blue Jays and list both, as Cashner outduels Sanchez.

4* ORIOLES (Cashner over Sanchez)

Posted : April 10, 2018 10:49 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

I love the Boston Red Sox in their first meeting with the New York Yankees this season, as the American League East rivals still the spotlight midweek for their classic rivalry.

Boston opened the season with a loss, but has won eight straight victories and is riding high heading into its first series with the Yankees.

After taking a day off, I like the Red Sox in the series-opener as New York arrives after dropping to 4-5 thanks to a 12-inning loss to the Baltimore Orioles in the Bronx.

As good as Giancarlo Stanton appeared to be the first couple of games, opening the season on pace to hit 49 HR, yet the realization of slugger-itis is settling in. He has struck out 20 times already, including a pair of five-strikeout games. He's on pace to strikeout 324 times. And though I'm not listing pitchers, I will make note the Crimson Hose have the fifth-best ERA in the bigs, at 2.69.

Lay the home chalk in this one, as the Red Sox continue their momentum.

3* RED SOX

Posted : April 10, 2018 10:49 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: