1 Users
0 Likes
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

Ravens vs. Dolphins
Play: Ravens +3

The Baltimore Ravens travel to Miami to take on the Dolphins on Thursday night. Both teams come in with identical 1-0 SU records so far in the NFL Preseason. Baltimore is 6-1 ATS last 3 years when the line is +3 to -3 in preseason. Baltimore is 25-12 ATS last 37 and 5-1 ATS last 3 years as an underdog. Baltimore is 17-7 ATS last 24 games as a road underdog of 3 points or less. Baltimore is 6-0 ATS last 3 years when the total is between 35 1/2 and 42 points. Miami is 1-5 ATS last 3 years as a favorite. Baltimore Coach John Harbaugh is 25-12 SU last 37 preseason games. We'll recommend a small play on Baltimore tonight!

Posted : August 17, 2017 12:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chase Diamond

Phillies vs. Giants
Play: Phillies

This game features the 43-75 Phillies and the 48-74 Giants. Both teams are brutal but the Phillies have a pretty big advantage in this game on the mound and in travel. Giants played in Miami yesterday while the Phillies just finished up being swept by the Dodgers and barely had to travel to play the Giants tonight. Aaron Nola has been one of the best in Baseball since the All-Star break he has only allowed 13 runs in his last 10 starts that's amazing. His ERA is 1.85 in his last 6 starts. We will take any plus money we can get and play on the Phillies here for a rare road win.

Posted : August 17, 2017 12:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

Cardinals vs. Pirates
Play: Pirates -135

I like this spot for Pittsburgh at home, as they host the Cardinals in a huge NL Central showdown. Really tough situation for St Louis, who suffered a crushing 4-5 loss to Boston last night. The Cardinals took a 4-2 lead into the bottom of the 9th, before giving up 3 runs. That makes for a difficult trip from Boston to Pittsburgh. While the Pirates also let one slip away yesterday in Milwaukee, they aren't in as tough a spot getting to play at home.

I also like the pitching matchup in this one for Pittsburgh. St Louis sends out veteran Adam Wainwright, who has a miserable 7.00 ERA and 1.666 WHIP in 11 road starts this season. Pirates counter with Jameson Taillon, who is trending in the right direction, allowing just 2 runs and going into the 6th in each of his last 2 starts, which also saw him rack up 15 strikeouts. Wainwright has a mere 4 strikeouts in his last 3 starts combined.

Posted : August 17, 2017 12:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Davis

Cincinnati at Chicago
Play: Chicago -1½

The Cubs bullpen really blew one yesterday letting the Reds back into the game in the 7th and 8th inning, but still managed to get the win. I think they have no problem with the Reds here this afternoon wrapping up their 4 game series. Lester hasn't had is normal season by any means but has had his best stuff at home with a 3.76 ERA. Feldman has just been getting rocked as of late with a 10.80 ERA his last three starts.

Posted : August 17, 2017 12:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Andrew Gold

White Sox vs. Rangers
Play: Rangers -1½

The White Sox season is over and they now it. Even though Ross doesn't have the numbers really to back I just think this team is playing with a lot of confidence after sweeping the Tigers. The Rangers have now won 6 of their last 7 games as well and Ross has pitched well against the Sox in his career going 2-0 with a 3.44 ERA.

Posted : August 17, 2017 12:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chip Chirimbes

Ravens vs. Dolphins
Play: Dolphins -2½

Both these clubs came up with winning efforts in their first pre-season contests as Baltimore destroyed the Redskins 23-3 and the Dolphins held off Atlanta 23-20. I believe most would side with the Ravens in a game that 'counted' and will all the injuries mounting for Miami it might actually be the side. But, the story line here will be Jay Cutler who will be making his first appearance for Miami who also has Matt Moore fighting for the top spot. I like when the competition is amount quarterbacks trying to earn a spot.

Posted : August 17, 2017 12:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

Yankees vs. Mets
Play: Over 7

The Yankees are back on track on offense, 4-1 over the total in interleague road games vs. a left-handed starter. They are Top 6 in baseball in runs and on-base percentage. Starter Luis Severino is off a 10-5 loss to Boston allowing 10 runs in 4 innings. The Over is 9-3-2 in the NY Mets last 14 games vs. a starter with a WHIP less than 1.15. Starter Steven Matz (2-6, 5.54 ERA) is allowing batters to hit .299 off him.

Posted : August 17, 2017 12:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vernon Croy

Arizona at Houston
Play: Over 9.5

This pick falls into one of my top MLB systems, and the Diamondbacks have hit .304 as a team lifetime against Fiers with an with an OBP of .368. Fiers has an ERA of 8.82 during the month of August with opponents hitting .283 against him, and he has given up 6 earned runs twice over his last 3 starts. Corbin is coming off a solid start against a very good Cubs team where he allowed 5 hits and no earned runs over 6.2 solid innings of work while striking out 8 and walking just 1 batter. I look for Corbin to build on that solid start here Thursday so play Arizona ML as my free pick for Thursday afternoon.

Posted : August 17, 2017 12:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

That National League Central is getting real jammed up, as the Chicago Cubs are sitting atop by 1 1/2 games, over the Milwaukee Brewers and 2 1/2 games in front of the St. Louis Cardinals. The Pittsburgh Pirates are just 5 1/2 back and the Cincinnati Reds are a distant 14 games behind.

My free play is on the Pittsburgh Pirates, who catch the St. Louis Cardinals at the right time. The Redbirds arrive in Steeltown after spending a few days in Beantown, and they're mired in a three-game losing streak.

Though the Pirates have four in a row, I think they'll use that motivation and treat this series as a must-win four-game set. I won't even bother listing pitchers in this one, as they'll Bucs get the win based on momentum.

4* PIRATES

Posted : August 17, 2017 12:27 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

My free play is on the National League West bottom feeding San Diego Padres over the N.L. East-leading Washington Nationals.

Now, as you can see I have the total from this game as my premium play, so you can pair it with this complimentary winner.

Washington finished up a home series with the Angels yesterday, losing 3-2 early. Now the Nats come cross country for a four-game series in San Diego against the streaking Padres, who have won three in a row.

San Diego is 32-27 at home, and has pulled off some impressive wins at Petco Park. I expect the Friars to open this series with a win.

5* PADRES

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My free play is on the San Francisco Giants over the Philadelphia Phillies. And in this game I don't want you listing pitchers, as it won't matter.

The Phils arrive in Frisco, after losing yesterday to the San Diego Padres, a play I gave you right here in this exact same spot.

Yes, I know the Giants are in last place in the National League West, and I know they're 27-32 at home. But they'll be relieved to get home after a road trip that ended with yesterday's 8-1 thumping at the hands of the Miami Marlins.

The only team worse than the Giants in the National League, is the Phillies, who are 43-75 this season, and who have lost six of 10.

Philly is 19-44 on the road, as it is one of only two teams in the bigs with less than 20 road wins, along with Oakland's 19.

All Frisco.

3* GIANTS

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Thursday night's comp play release is the Under in the Phillies and Giants.

Any time Aaron Nola takes the hill, it is a good idea to look low.

Nola has allowed 2 runs or less in 10 straight starts, and the Under has connected in his last pair of starts, and is 7-2-1 overall in those 10 assignments!

Jeff Samardzija has not been as stingy, but he has allowed 3 earned or less in each of his last 4 starts, and the Phillies bats have only been able to plate 13 runs total over their last 5 games, and have been blanked twice in their last 7, including last night at Petco Park.

Even though the series has seen 11 of the past 15 meetings land Over the total, I have a feeling that Nola and Samardzija will take care of the batters tonight, and this long 4 game set will start with an Under.

Philly-Frisco Under.

2* PHILADELPHIA-SAN FRANCISCO UNDER

Posted : August 17, 2017 12:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Washington @ San Diego
Pick: San Diego -108

San Diego just swept a three-game series with the Phillies and Washington has a tough turnaround, going coast to coast after a 3-2 loss at home yesterday. Clayton Richard pitched a three-hitter for the Padres in their win over Philadelphia on Wednesday. Jhoulys Chacin has allowed more than three runs just once his last 12 starts and he is 7-2 with a 1.86 ERA at Petco Park where opponents are batting just .183 against him. The Nationals scored a total of five runs their last two games with Bryce Harper on the disabled list while the Padres outscored Philly 18-8. Edwin Jackson has alternated wins and losses since coming over to the Nationals from Baltimore. The Padres have won eight of their last 10 home games and Chacin's last four home starts.

Posted : August 17, 2017 1:35 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DOUG UPSTONE

Phillies vs. Giants
Play: Over 7

I completely understand why the oddsmakers would make a total of 7 on this contest. Philadelphia and San Francisco are 29th and 28th respectively in scoring in the majors. Plus, the Phillies Aaron Nola (3.02) is having a very good year on a horrible team and Jeff Samardzija (4.74) has been better lately with 3.98 ERA in his last three starts. Where going OVER makes sense to me is the following. Samardzija is still rotten and while the Phils offense is meager, they are 15-5 OVER in road games after two straight contests where they stranded five or less runners on base. As bad as the Giants offense has been, they are 10-2 OVER vs. a NL starting pitcher whose ERA is 3.20 or better this season.

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DAVE PRICE

Philadelphia Phillies +107

Aaron Nola has been one of the best starters in baseball over the past couple months. He has allowed just 13 earned runs in his past 10 starts, a stretch during which he has limited all 10 opponents to 2 earned runs or fewer. He is now 9-7 with a 3.02 ERA and 1.15 WHIP on the season. Jeff Samardzija is 7-12 with a 4.74 ERA in 24 starts this year. He has consistently been overvalued. And Samardzija has never beaten the Phillies, going 0-3 with a 10.18 ERA and 1.87 WHIP in 4 lifetime starts against them. Samardzija is 13-31 (-20.0 Units) against the money line at home when the money line is +125 to -125 lifetime.

Page 2 / 3
Share: