Bettors Write-Off Spurrier
Last week South Carolina was exposed by the speed of the Arkansas Razorbacks and now must take on the “just as, if not faster” Florida Gators led by Tim Tebow who tops the SEC with 314 yards per game and 14 rushing touchdowns. Considering Arkansas piled on 550+ yards on the ground alone, facing another “quick” team does not bode well for the Game Cocks. Even worse for South Carolina is Florida’s offense is possibly the best in the nation averaging close to 7.0 yard per play!
The only edge we can find for South Carolina is to possibly take advantage of the young secondary from Florida that has been victimized all season by pass attacks giving up over 240 yards per game via the air. This year’s Gators team has given up twice as many points per game at this point in the season than their 2006 squad who destroyed Ohio State. But the question remains, if this turns into a scoring fest, can South Carolina match Florida score for score?
The gambling world is expecting a shoot out as online bookmaker, Bodog, has the total for this game listed at 59.5.
So what Steve Spurrier team will show up Saturday? The Game Cocks who started off 6-1 and ranked six in the nation or the South Carolina team who has dropped three straight games? They have emotion on their side and Florida has been horrible under Meyer against the spread when favored away from home (1-10 against the spread).
Toss in the fact Spurrier has covered the spread the last two games against Florida (including a straight up win in 2005) this game could be a lot closer than the 7.5 points Bodog has the Gators favored by.
by: Staff Writers - Email Us
More NCAA College Football Coverage from theSpread.com
- NCAA College Football public betting chart
- NCAA College Football teams
- NCAA College Football standings
- NCAA College Football schedule
- NCAA College Football scoreboard
- NCAA College Football injuries
- NCAA College Football matchups
- NCAA College Football stats
- NCAA College Football odds
- NCAA College Football news wire
- NCAA College Football top stories
- AccuScore NCAA College Football predictions
- Expert NCAA College Football picks
- NCAA College Football trends
- Comments and discussion
- Signup for theSpread.com daily newsletter
- NCAA College Football Home