Updated Preakness Stakes odds
PIMLICO, BALTIMORE (The Spread) - It's the morning of the 2015 Preakness Stakes and American Pharoah remains the favorite to win at Pimlico today.
According to oddsmakers from online sports book Bovada.lv, American Pharoah is the favorite to win the Preakness at 10/13, while Firing Line is 17/4 and Dortmund is 9/2. The mid-range long shots include Danzig Moon at 20/1, Divining Rod at 22/1, and Mr. Z at 20/1. The true long shots are Bodhisattva at 33/1 and Tale of Verve at 50/1.
American Pharoah is coming off a victory in both the Kentucky Derby and the Arkansas Derby. Firing Line was the runner up to American Pharoah at Churchill Downs and after setting the pace, Dortmund held on to a third-place showing in the Kentucky Derby after being viewed as the biggest threat to American Pharoah.
Danzig Moon, meanwhile, finished fifth in the Kentucky Derby while Mr. Z had a disappointing showing at 13th. The rest of today's contenders did not compete in the Kentucky Derby.
2015 Preakness Stakes Odds
1. AMERICAN PHAROAH (Espinoza / Baffert) 10/13
2. DORTMUND (Garcia / Baffert) 9/2
3. MR. Z (Nakatani / Lukas) 25/1
4. DANZIG MOON (Leparoux / Casse) 20/1
5. TALE OF VERVE (Rosario / Stewart) 50/1
6. BODHISATTVA (McCarthy / Corrales) 33/1
7. DIVINING ROD (Castellano / Delcaour) 22/1
8. FIRING LINE (Stevens / Callaghan) 17/4