|Events in the investigation of Patriots' Hernandez|
|Written by Admin|
|Wednesday, 26 June 2013 04:31|
A chronology of events in the investigation of New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez in connection with a friend's death:
- June 17: The body of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd is found in an industrial park a mile from Hernandez's home.
- June 18: Police spend hours searching Hernandez's home as another group of officers search the industrial park.
- June 19: The Bristol County district attorney's office says the state medical examiner ruled Lloyd's death a homicide. A man files a lawsuit claiming Hernandez shot him in the face after they argued at a strip club in Miami in February.
- June 20: A news helicopter follows along as Hernandez drives from his home to the Patriots stadium. State police search brush with metal detectors and poles on a road leading to the entrance to Hernandez's subdivision.
- June 21: CytoSport, which makes Muscle Milk and other supplements for athletes, says it's ending Hernandez's endorsement contract, effective immediately, because of the investigation. The Hernandez investigation leads officers to a Providence strip club, but police wouldn't say what they were doing there. Family members say Hernandez and Lloyd were together the night Lloyd died.
- June 22: State police with dogs return to Hernandez's home to conduct an additional search.
- June 23: Officers don wetsuits to search woods near Hernandez's home.
- June 24: Hernandez is taken from his home in handcuffs and driven away in a police cruiser.