WACO, Texas (AP) -Baylor junior guard Aaron Bruce, who plans to make himself available for the NBA draft, won't hire an agent and is expected to return to the Bears for his senior season.
``I sat down with my parents and the coaching staff and we think this is the best move for me at the moment to see where I stand,'' Bruce said in a statement released Friday by Baylor. ``It's a good way for me to learn the process and to be ready for next year.''
Bruce retains the option until June 18 to withdraw from the June 28 draft. After June 5, underclassmen can work out for teams at their own expense to maintain their collegiate eligibility.
The 6-foot-3 Bruce came to Baylor from Australia, where he played on several national teams. He has averaged 14.3 points and 3.5 assists in three seasons at Baylor, and hit 40 percent of his 3-pointers.
``Our staff fully supports Aaron in taking a step in pursuit of his dream to one day play in the NBA,'' Baylor coach Scott Drew said. ``Right now the way the system is set up it is a great opportunity for juniors to see what the workouts are like and to get a realistic view of what the experts think of their chances.''
Drew said that unless Bruce becomes a first-round pick, the guard will return to Baylor for his senior season and complete his degree. Bruce will finish the spring semester and is already enrolled in summer school at Baylor.

Recent NCAAB Discussions


NCAAB Headlines

More inNCAAB News  

NCAAB Top Stories

Thumbnail 2017 NCAA Title Odds Fresh off its first Sweet 16 berth in three years, Indiana seems to be trending back in the right direction under coach Tom Crean. This fall, though, will challenge the...
Thumbnail 2017 NCAA Title Odds George Washington named Maurice Joseph its interim head men’s basketball coach last week. Will the 31-year-old be able to keep the Colonials humming in 2016-17?
More inNCAAB Articles  

NCAAB Team Pages