AMHERST, Mass. (AP) -Travis Ford has a new deal to stay at Massachusetts, turning down an offer to be head basketball coach at Providence College.
UMass athletic director John McCutcheon announced Ford's decision Thursday night at the Minutemen's basketball dinner, but would not discuss terms of the new deal.
Ford is 62-35 in three years at UMass, 25-11 this past season. He led the Minutemen to appearances in the NIT the last two seasons, losing the championship to Ohio State 92-85 last week.
Ford said he met with Providence athletic director Bob Driscoll at the NCAA Final Four and again in Providence on Wednesday, when he received an offer. He told the Daily Hampshire Gazette he decided Thursday afternoon to remain at UMass.

Recent NCAAB Discussions


NCAAB Headlines

More inNCAAB News  

NCAAB Top Stories

Thumbnail 2017 NCAA Title Odds Fresh off its first Sweet 16 berth in three years, Indiana seems to be trending back in the right direction under coach Tom Crean. This fall, though, will challenge the...
Thumbnail 2017 NCAA Title Odds George Washington named Maurice Joseph its interim head men’s basketball coach last week. Will the 31-year-old be able to keep the Colonials humming in 2016-17?
More inNCAAB Articles  

NCAAB Team Pages