|Auto Racing Package|
|Written by Admin|
|Wednesday, 23 February 2011 06:02|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - It once was a cliche in NASCAR: go to victory lane, thank your team, your sponsors and God. But drivers' open talk about their religious faith seemed to fade away during the NASCAR boom of the 2000s. Now comes surprise Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne, who wants to use his racing career as a platform to talk about religion. Bayne's father, Rocky, compares him to Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow. By Chris Jenkins.
AP Graphic CAR SUBWAY 500.
AP Multimedia: An interactive tracking the drivers' performance that will run live throughout the season is available in the -sports/sprint-cup-drivers folder.
- BC-CAR--NASCAR-Sprint Cup Schedule. Sent
- BC-CAR--NASCAR-Nationwide Schedule. Sent
- BC-CAR--NASCAR-Camping World Schedule. Sent
NASCAR team owner/driver Tony Stewart expressed relief last week after U.S. lawmakers voted to continue using taxpayer dollars to sponsor race teams. His concerns might not be over, though. Minnesota Democratic Rep. Betty McCollum has vowed to introduce legislation that would prohibit taxpayer funds from being used for sponsorship of race cars, dragsters, Indy cars and motorcycles. By Mark Long.
- BC-CAR--Auto Racing Glance. Sent
- BC-CAR--Formula One Schedule. Sent
- BC-CAR--IRL Schedule. Sent
- BC-CAR--ALMS Schedule. Sent
- BC-CAR--Grand Am Schedule. Sent
- BC-CAR--NHRA Schedule. Sent