|1/23/2008 Toronto Raptors at Boston Celtics Free Pick From Jimmy Boyd|
|Written by Anthony Rome|
|Wednesday, 23 January 2008 09:46|
The Toronto Raptors travel to Boston to take on the Celtics Wednesday night and Jimmy Boyd says to put 1 unit on the Celtics to cover the spread. Oddmakers from online sportsbook Bodog opened the betting line at Boston –9.
Boyd writes that Boston is 10-0 against the Atlantic Division and is tops in the Eastern Conference with an 18-3 mark at home. The Raptors have fallen victim to Boston three times already this season, with two December losses coming by a combined 41 points. The Key has been Garnett's defense on Bosh, holding him under 20 points in two starts against the Celtics. Boston is 14-4 ATS as a favorite of 3.5 to 9.5 points this season and 10-0 ATS vs. division opponents this season. The Celtics have too many weapons for the Raptors to contend with. Lay the points.
Public betting information shows that of the 1,402 wagers placed on tonight’s game, 71% of bettors like the Celtics to cover the 9-point spread. AccuScore also likes the Celtics and has them as a 79% favorite.
Boston’s three top scores are Ray Allen (20.1 points per game, 2.6 assists, 4.3 rebounds), Paul Pierce (18.5 points per game, 3.8 assists, 6.0 rebounds) and Kevin Garnett (18.2 points per game, 4.0 assists, 11.0 rebounds). Toronto’s three top scores are Chris Bosh (19.7 points per game, 2.3 assists, 8.9 rebounds), Anthony Parker (9.2 points per game, 1.8 assists, 3.6 rebounds) and Jose Calderon (8.2 points per game, 6.3 assists, 2.4 rebounds).
Some trends to consider for tonight’s game:
- Boston is 26-12 ATS in all games this season
- Boston is 22-13 ATS as a favorite this season
- Boston is 10-0 ATS vs. division opponents this season
- Boston is 16-7 ATS after a win by 10 points or more this season
- Toronto is 71-55 ATS in all games over the last 2 seasons
- Toronto is 60-41 ATS in road games over the last 3 seasons
- Toronto is 64-41 ATS in road games versus good defenisve teams - allowing 91 points/game since 1996
- Toronto is 21-9 ATS in road games versus good offensive teams - scoring 99+ points/game over the last 3 seasons.
For NBA Odds and Picks visit www.spreadexperts.com