Belmont Stakes Post Positions & Odds
ELMONT, NY (The Spread) – Triple Crown contender American Pharoah drew the No. 5 post position for Saturday’s Belmont Stakes.
According to oddsmakers from online sports book Bovada.lv, American Pharoah is a 2/3 favorite to win the Belmont Stakes while Frosted is 6/1 and Materiality is 13/2. Mubtaahij, who drew the rail for Saturday’s race, is 14/1, Madefromlucky is 16/1 and Tale of Verve is 20/1. Keen Ice is also 25/1 while Frammento has the worst odds at 40/1.
After Mubtaahij, Tale of Verve drew the No. 2 post position while Madefromlucky will start from the NO. 3 gate and Frammento drew post No. 4. After American Pharoah in the fifth spot comes Frosted in the sixth post, Keen Ice in the seventh, and Materiality in the eighth.
Per Belmont-Stakes.info, the rail has produced the most Belmont Stakes winners at 23, while post No. 3 and post No. 5 have produced 13 winners, respectively. Posts No. 2 and No. 7 have each produced 11 winners, respectively, while post No. 4 has produced nine winners. Post No. 6 has only produced seven winners while post No. 8 has produced five winners.
2015 Belmont Stakes Post Positions & Betting Odds
1. MUBTAAHIJ (Ortiz / de Kock) 14/1
2. TALE OF VERVE (Stevens / Stewart) 20/1
3. MADEFROMLUCKY (Castellano / Pletcher) 16/1
4. FRAMMENTO (Smith / Zito) 40/1
5. AMERICAN PHAROAH (Espinoza / Baffert) 2/3
6. FROSTED (Rosario / McLaughlin) 6/1
7. KEEN ICE (Desormeaux / Romans) 25/1
8. MATERIALITY (Velazquez / Pletcher) 13/2