Updated Kentucky Derby 141 Odds
CHURCHILL DOWNS, KY (The Spread) - The 141st running of the Kentucky Derby is this evening and with that, here's a look at the updated odds.
According to oddsmakers from online sports book Bovada.lv, American Pharoah remains the favorite to win the Kentucky Derby at 13/5 odds. The winner of the Arkansas Derby has been favored all week despite a scratch of the horse Stanford on Thursday that shifted American Pharoah to the No. 17 post position. That post has never produced a winner at the Kentucky Derby but perhaps American Pharoah is set to make history today.
Meanwhile, Dortmund has the next-best odds to win the Kentucky Derby at 18/5. At the start of the week, American Pharoah was a 13/5 favorite while Dortmund was 4/1 and Carpe Diem was 15/2. Carpe Diem is now 8/1 to win.
Below is a complete list of the updated odds to win the Kentucky Derby and the post positions for each contender. If you'd like to check out where the odds stood at the beginning of the week, click here.
Updated 2015 Kentucky Derby Odds
1. OCHO OCHO OCHO (E. Trujillo / J. Cassidy) 25/1
2. CARPE DIEM (J. Velazquez / T. Pletcher) 8/1
3. MATERIALITY (J. Castellano / T. Pletcher) 16/1
4. TENCENDUR (M. Franco / G. Weaver) 50/1
5. DANZIG MOON (J. Leparoux / M. Casse) 33/1
6. MUBTAAHIJ (C. Soumillion / M. de Kock) 12/1
8. DORTMUND (M. Garcia / B. Baffert) 18/5
9. BOLO (R. Bejarano / C. Gaines) 40/1
10. FIRING LINE (G. Stevens / S. Callaghan) 12/1
12. INTERNATIONAL STAR (M. Mena / M. Maker) 25/1
13. ITSAKNOCKOUT (L. Saez / T. Pletcher) 33/1
14. KEEN ICE (K. Desormeaux / D. Romans) 40/1
15. FROSTED (J. Rosario / K. McLaughlin) 16/1
16. WAR STORY (J. Talarno / T. Arnoss) 50/1
17. Mr. Z (R. Vazquez / D. Wayne Lukas) 50/1
18. AMERICAN PHAROAH (V. Espinoza / B. Baffert) 13/5
19. UPSTART (J. Ortiz / R. Violette Jr.) 25/1
20. FAR RIGHT (M. Smith / R. Moquett) 40/1
21. FRAMMENTO (C. Nakatani / N. Zito) 66/1