SAN DIEGO (AP) -A lawsuit filed by the city of San Diego against the NFL's Chargers has been dismissed and the two sides have agreed to work out several accounting disputes that have gone unresolved during the past four years.
The city filed a breach-of-contract suit against the Chargers last month, claiming the team owes the city more than $170,000 for use of Qualcomm Stadium in 2004.
City attorney Jan Goldsmith, who was elected in November, said the suit was filed just days before the four-year statute of limitations expired. Goldsmith said the matter should have been handled years ago.
``This is the responsible thing to do,'' Goldsmith said Tuesday. ``I thank the city and the Chargers for this agreement. Litigation is expensive and often unnecessary. We want to resolve matters before litigation if at all possible. I'm hopeful that the financial analysts can resolve these accounting issues.''

Recent NFL Discussions

CFL Betting News and Notes Week 1 on Sun, Jun 2017 by Blade
Handicapping Game of the Year Odds on Sun, Jun 2017 by Blade
SEC Schedule Breakdown on Thu, Jun 2017 by Blade
College Football Conference Previews on Tue, Jun 2017 by Blade
College Football Quarterback Rankings on Thu, Jun 2017 by Blade

Top NFL Public Bets

NFL Top Stories

Thumbnail NFC North Odds to Win Are the Packers a sure thing to win the NFC North again in 2017? According to oddsmakers, that answer is yes.
Thumbnail NFC East Division Odds Are the Cowboys favored to repeat as NFC East Division champions in 2017?
Thumbnail Bills showing interest in Maclin Could the Bills be on the verge of signing Jeremy Maclin, who was recently released by the Chiefs?

NFL Team Pages