LOS ANGELES (AP) -Prosecutors have declined to file charges against a former Southern California basketball player who was arrested Sunday on suspicion of carjacking.
The district attorney's office filed a document Tuesday that said investigators had insufficient evidence to charge 35-year-old Stais Boseman.
Deputy District Attorney James Prudhomme said police were unable to contact the alleged victim and her boyfriend, who gave police bogus phone numbers.
Prudhomme says the alleged victim was in the car with her boyfriend when Boseman allegedly jumped into the vehicle and drove off. Prosecutors say Boseman agreed to drop the boyfriend's $20 debt to him if he used the car.
Boseman played briefly for the Houston Rockets.

NCAAB Headlines

NCAAB Top Stories

Thumbnail Ohio St. goes with Holtmann In a surprising move last week, the Ohio State Buckeyes made a switch to their coach of the men’s basketball program. Will the...
Thumbnail Allen ranked No. 1 for 2017-18 ESPN has released its top players ranking for the 2017-18 season and the Duke Blue Devilsare listed with the No. 1 guy. How does it impact their odds to win the NCAA...

NCAAB Team Pages