The Seattle Supersonics travel to Indiana Tuesday to take on the Pacers and Dave Price says that the Pacers will cover the spread. Oddmakers from online sportsbook Bodog opened the line at Indiana -9.
Price writes: The Pacers are only 2.5 games out of the final playoff spot in the East and I look for them to make a run at it. They return home after going 0-3 on the road, and I expect an offensive explosion here as they look to get back in the win column against a Sonics team which has lost 8 of its last 9. This is the 6th game of Seattle's 7-game road trip and the Sonics are wearing down. The SuperSonics are only 3-10 ATS in their last 13 vs. Eastern Conference. The Pacers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games as a home favorite of 5.0-10.5 and 7-3 ATS in their last 10 vs. Western Conference, not to mention 54-24-3 ATS in their last 81 games playing on 2 days rest. Take the Pacers as they bounce back at home.
Public betting information currently shows that of the 3,184 wagers placed on tonight’s game, 54% of bettors like the Indiana -9.
Some trends to consider for tonight’s game:
- INDIANA is 177-136 ATS (+27.4 Units) in non-conference games since 1996.
- INDIANA is 234-188 ATS (+27.2 Units) revenging a loss vs opponent since 1996.
- SEATTLE is 51-31 ATS (+16.9 Units) in road games in March games since 1996.
- SEATTLE is 38-19 ATS (+17.1 Units) in road games after 3 or more consecutive losses since 1996.
- INDIANA is 19-32 ATS (-16.2 Units) second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
- INDIANA is 17-31 ATS (-17.1 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record - 2nd half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
- INDIANA is 35-54 ATS (-24.4 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 99+ points/game over the last 3 seasons.
- INDIANA is 12-26 ATS (-16.6 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 99+ points/game - 2nd half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
- SEATTLE is 3-2 against the spread versus INDIANA over the last 3 seasons
- SEATTLE is 4-1 straight up against INDIANA over the last 3 seasons
- 4 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
For NBA Odds and Picks visit www.spreadexperts.com