The Golden State Warriors travel to Atlanta to take on the Hawks Tuesday night and Jimmy Boyd says that Atlanta will cover the spread. Oddmakers from online sportsbook Bodog opened the line at Golden State –1.5, but the line has since changed to Atlanta –2.
Boyd writes: We'll take the Hawks at home tonight. Atlanta has had Golden State's number, mainly because it has young and athletic guys which can run up and down the floor with the Warriors. Atlanta just won by 7 points in late February at Golden State and we'll take the Hawks at home in a heartbeat. Atlanta is 4-1 SU and ATS in this series the past 3 seasons and a perfect 2-0 SU and ATS at home. Atlanta is a very good home team at 18-11 SU and 17-12 ATS. Golden State is 1-9 ATS after playing 3 consecutive games as favorite this season and 6-19 ATS after playing a game as a home favorite this season period. The Warriors are 9-20 ATS after having won 3 of their last 4 games this season and 4-16 ATS off a home win this season. It's always tough for a team to play across multiple time zones on the opposite coast. Take the Hawks here.
Public betting information currently shows that of the 2,986 wagers placed on tonight’s game, 77% of bettors like Golden State +2. Accuscore disagrees with the public and has Atlanta as a 55% favorite.
Some trends to consider for tonight’s game:
- GOLDEN STATE is 24-34 ATS (-13.4 Units) in all games this season.
- GOLDEN STATE is 14-23 ATS (-11.3 Units) as a favorite this season.
- GOLDEN STATE is 15-29 ATS (-16.9 Units) after scoring 105 points or more this season.
- ATLANTA is 4-1 against the spread versus GOLDEN STATE over the last 3 seasons
- ATLANTA is 4-1 straight up against GOLDEN STATE over the last 3 seasons
- 5 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
For NBA Odds and Picks visit www.spreadexperts.com