The New Orleans Hornets travel to Utah to take on the Jazz Monday night and Brian Gabrielle says that the Jazz will cover the spread. Oddmakers from online sportsbook Bodog opened the betting Utah –3, but the line has since raised to Utah –3.5.
Gabrielle writes: Utah is looking for their winning streak to go to 9 games today against a road team that has lost 2 straight. Hornets are a good team but appear to be in a slump right now. Utah is 20-3 at home while the Hornets are 16-6 on the road. One of the best spreads you will see Utah have this year at home. Take the side on the Jazz.
Public betting information shows that of the 2,154 wagers currently placed on tonight’s game, 78% of bettors like the Jazz to cover the 3.5-point spread. AccuScore agrees and has the Jazz as a 65% favorite to beat the Hornets.
New Orleans’ top three scorers are Chris Paul (21.4 points per game, 11.9 assists and 4.3 rebounds), David West (20.2 points per game, 1.9 assists and 8.4 rebounds) and Peja Stojakovic (14.4 points per game, 1.9 assists, 4.4 rebounds). Utah’s top three scorers are Carlos Boozer (21.6 points per game, 2.6 assists and 11.5 rebounds) and Mehmet Okur (13.8 points per game, 1.9 assists and 7.7 rebounds).
Some trends to consider for tonight’s game:
- NEW ORLEANS is 29-16 ATS (+11.4 Units) in all games this season.
- NEW ORLEANS is 40-24 ATS (+13.6 Units) as an underdog over the last 2 seasons.
- NEW ORLEANS is 15-6 ATS (+8.4 Units) in road games this season.
- NEW ORLEANS is 49-30 ATS (+16.0 Units) when playing with 2 days rest since 1996.
- NEW ORLEANS is 14-6 ATS (+7.4 Units) revenging a loss vs opponent this season.
- UTAH is 4-4 against the spread versus NEW ORLEANS over the last 3 seasons
- UTAH is 6-2 straight up against NEW ORLEANS over the last 3 seasons
- 5 of 8 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
For NBA Odds and Picks visit www.spreadexperts.com