|AP Pro32 ballot from Judge|
|Written by Admin|
|Tuesday, 04 December 2012 11:10|
CLARK JUDGE (CBSSports.com)
1. Atlanta Falcons - Biggest obstacle no longer is New Orleans; it's the danger of complacency. This last month is all about staying focused.
2. Houston Texans - Biggest obstacle no longer is Indianapolis; it's ... see Atlanta.
3. Denver Broncos - They can run. They can play defense. They have Peyton Manning. And they can't lose. Yeah, I'd say the Broncos are complete.
4. New England Patriots - So they won the AFC East. They always win the AFC East. The real barometer comes in this month's games vs. Houston and San Francisco.
5. San Francisco 49ers - Jim Harbaugh just announced he'll start the next game at quarterback.
6. Baltimore Ravens - The Grinch is trying to steal Baltimore's Christmas. First, the Ravens lose to Pittsburgh. Now they might lose Terrell Suggs again. Then they must face Washington, Denver, the N.Y. Giants and Cincinnati. Yuck.
7. Green Bay Packers - Considering their history vs. Chicago, the Packers should win their division. Of course, they should do a better job of protecting their quarterback, too.
8. Indianapolis Colts - Did someone say Andrew Luck for MVP? There isn't a better feel-good story out there than this team.
9. Seattle Seahawks - A quick reminder for AP voters: Russell Wilson is a rookie, too.
10. Chicago Bears - Suddenly, that defense that carried the Bears to the top of their division is beginning to spring leaks.
11. New York Giants - Ebenezer Scrooge must have drawn up their schedule for December. New Orleans. Atlanta. Baltimore. Philadelphia. Bah, humbug.
12. Pittsburgh Steelers - Tackle Max Starks is right: December is when the Steelers stretch their legs. It's also the month they get Ben Roethlisberger back.
13. Cincinnati Bengals - The good news: The Bengals are hot. The bad: They have two games left with Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
14. Washington Redskins - There's no physical cliff in Washington. RG3, Alfred Morris and a revitalized defense have the Redskins in the middle of the NFC East race.
15. Dallas Cowboys - Yeah, I know the Cowboys are only a game out of first. But why does this seem like an 8-8 team waiting to happen?
16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Just when the Bucs start thinking that maybe, just maybe, they're good enough to play with the big boys, along comes Peyton Manning for a reality check.
17. New Orleans Saints - So the Drew Brees streak is over. Now, when does Bountygate end?
18. St. Louis Rams - This week's Offensive MVP goes to ... Colin Kaepernick? Gotta like what Jeff Fisher has done with these guys in one season.
19. Buffalo Bills - The players say they believe in Chan Gailey and can win with the guy. I say then go prove it.
20. Minnesota Vikings - It's not that the Vikings hit the wall; it's that they hit the schedule. It's too much for even Adrian Peterson to overcome.
21. Detroit Lions - It's beginning to look like another bailout for Detroit is necessary.
22. Miami Dolphins - Look at it this way, Miami: There's always LeBron and the Heat.
23. New York Jets - There is no truth to the rumor that the Jets are contacting Brett Favre as we speak.
24. Tennessee Titans - Looks like that firing of Chris Palmer really shook these guys up.
25. Cleveland Browns - So the Browns ended a 12-game losing streak on the road. I think that says more about Oakland than it does Cleveland.
26. Arizona Cardinals - Kurt Warner, where are you?
27. San Diego Chargers - Another fourth-quarter lead. Another Philip Rivers turnover. Another heartbreaking loss. Welcome to Groundhog Day.
28. Carolina Panthers - I'm beginning to think that maybe Cam Newton's future is in NFL Play60 commercials.
29. Philadelphia Eagles - Good thing there are only four weeks left. Otherwise, I don't know if there'd be enough coaches left by the end of the season.
30. Oakland Raiders - When they talk about the Black Hole in Oakland they're referring to the empty seats for the Raiders' Dec. 16 date with Kansas City.
31. Kansas City Chiefs - Seldom has a home victory been more satisfying or more welcome.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars - Tell me Shahid Khan isn't suffering from buyer's remorse.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL