|Freeney, Chargers ready to put on pads|
|Written by Admin|
|Friday, 25 July 2014 14:38|
Says the outside linebacker: ''I'm ready to go. I haven't hit anybody since September. In the football world of things, that's not good.''
Now 34 and entering his 13th NFL season, Freeney is trying to bounce back from a quadriceps injury that sidelined him after just four games last season, his first in San Diego.
The Chargers' first two practices in camp were in helmets, shorts and jerseys.
Also cleared for contact is wide receiver Malcom Floyd, who sustained a season-ending neck injury in the second game of 2013, and first-round draft pick Jason Verrett, a cornerback who had offseason shoulder surgery.
Says Verrett: ''So far the rehab has been going good.''