|Glenn missing as Cowboys open training camp|
|Written by Admin|
|Friday, 25 July 2008 11:57|
There was no immediate word from the Cowboys regarding the status of Glenn, the 34-year-old receiver who didn't play until the regular season finale last year after two operations on his right knee. Glenn was listed on a training camp roster distributed at the start of practice.
Glenn wasn't allowed to participate in offseason workouts because of his refusal to sign an injury settlement that would pay him only $500,000 of his $1.74 million base salary should he re-injure his right knee and be unable to play.
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Thursday that money ``probably wasn't the biggest issue.'' Jones refused to elaborate and said he expected to address the situation Friday, though he didn't talk to reporters before practice.
Glenn told ESPN he agreed to a contract that included an injury waiver, but the amount he was willing to accept wasn't known.
James Gould, Glenn's agent, didn't return messages left by The Associated Press.
Glenn, who turned 34 this week, had consecutive 1,000-yard seasons for the Cowboys before his injury last year.
Also missing from practice were the Cowboys' two first-round draft picks, running back Felix Jones from Arkansas and cornerback Mike Jenkins from South Florida. Both players have the same agent, and the Cowboys were confident agreements would be in place soon.