IRVING, Texas (AP) - Dallas defensive end Anthony Spencer is likely to play a second straight season under a one-year contract after talks with the Cowboys failed to produce a long-term deal.
Spencer's agent, Jordan Woy, said Tuesday that both sides are happy even without a deal. Spencer said earlier this month he wasn't worried about his contract situation. He can't sign a multiyear deal after July 15.
The 29-year-old Spencer signed a $10.6 million tender in March after Dallas put the franchise tag on him for the second year in a row. Spencer made $8.8 million in 2012, when he led the Cowboys with a career-high 106 tackles and had his first double-digit sack season with 11.
Spencer is moving from linebacker to defensive end with the Cowboys switching to the 4-3.

Recent NFL Discussions

2016 College Conference Previews on Tue, Jun 2016 by Blade
2016 QB Rankings on Wed, Jun 2016 by Blade
2016 Coaching Changes on Wed, Jun 2016 by Blade

NFL Top Stories

Thumbnail Luck gets extension with Colts The Indianapolis Coltshave locked up their franchise quarterback for another five years, as the team agreed to a new deal with Andrew...
Thumbnail Talib shot in the leg Aqib Talibwas shot in the leg on Saturday, but seems to have avoided serious injury and will be able to return to the Denver Broncos...
Thumbnail Romo eyes lengthy return Injuries have been an issue at times for Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, but the veteran NFL star is far from thinking about...
Thumbnail Lockette retiring from Seahawks The Seattle Seahawks are losing another skill-position player from last year’s team as receiver Ricardo Lockette is expected to announce his retirement...
Thumbnail Dolphins securing the D-Line The Miami Dolphins are trying to make a push for the playoffs and they aided that on Saturday by signing Cameron Wake to a two-year...
More inNFL Articles  

NFL Team Pages