|'Pacman' case going to DA in Las Vegas|
|Written by Admin|
|Tuesday, 12 June 2007 09:56|
Investigators have been unable to prove a link between the scuffle and a shooting moments later that left a club employee paralyzed and two other people wounded outside the club, police Lt. George Castro said Tuesday.
``We have nothing on the shooter and nothing about what happened outside,'' Castro told The Associated Press, declining to say what new information had been developed. ``That's what we're trying to piece together.''
No new suspects are identified and police are not seeking new charges based on their work in the three months since Clark County District Attorney David Roger first declined to prosecute, Castro said.
Police said in March they would seek felony coercion and misdemeanor threat and battery charges against Jones. The mayhem at the Minxx club happened during the NBA All-Star weekend in Las Vegas.
Police said they wanted to charge Robert Reid of Carson, Calif., with felony coercion and misdemeanor battery, and Sadia Morrison of New York, with felony coercion. Morrison already faces a felony battery with a deadly weapon charge in the case.
Roger declined to prosecute, asking police to try again to identify a shooter and provide a conclusive link between the scuffle inside and the shooting outside.
Castro said he did not know if a decision to prosecute would be made Wednesday.
Castro has described Jones as ``an inciter'' of the altercation inside the club, several blocks west of the Las Vegas Strip. A dancer attempted to grab money that was being showered onstage, and the club owner has said the 23-year-old player attacked her and threatened to kill a bouncer who intervened.