|A look at key moments for Aaron Hernandez|
|Written by Admin|
|Thursday, 15 May 2014 11:39|
- Jan. 1, 2012. Hernandez sets a career best with 138 receiving yards in a win over Buffalo.
- July 16, 2012. Two men, Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado, are shot to death in their car as they wait for a red light in Boston's South End neighborhood.
- Aug. 27, 2012. Hernandez signs a five-year, $40 million contract with the Patriots.
- February 2013. An associate of Hernandez, Alexander Bradley, is shot in the face in Florida. He files a lawsuit alleging that Hernandez shot him after they argued at a strip club.
- June 17, 2013. The body of Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend, is found about a mile from Hernandez's mansion in North Attleborough, Massachusetts.
- June 26, 2013. Hernandez is arrested on a murder charge in Lloyd's slaying and taken from his home in handcuffs. He later pleads not guilty. The Patriots release him hours after his arrest.
- May 15, 2014. Hernandez is indicted on two counts of first-degree murder and other charges in connection with the shootings of Abreu and Furtado. His lawyers say he is innocent of the charges.