PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A judge overseeing thousands of NFL concussion-linked lawsuits says lawyers are still working to address her concerns about a proposed $765 million fund.
U.S. District Judge Anita Brody says she fears the fund may not be large enough to cover up to 20,000 retired players for 65 years.
Lawyers have given her more data to weigh since she rejected the deal on a preliminary basis in January.
The judge says in a Thursday order the parties are continuing to work with the court ''to address the issues.'' She also has clarified an order this week denying approval of the deal was not a new ruling. She says she was simply adding the January ruling to some case files.
The judge is expected to hold hearings in the case this year.

Recent NFL Discussions

2016 QB Rankings on Wed, Jun 2016 by Blade
2016 Coaching Changes on Wed, Jun 2016 by Blade
2016 College Conference Previews on Mon, Jun 2016 by Blade
Hot Seat Coaches on Sat, Jun 2016 by Blade

NFL Top Stories

Thumbnail Talib shot in the leg Aqib Talibwas shot in the leg on Saturday, but seems to have avoided serious injury and will be able to return to the Denver Broncos...
Thumbnail Romo eyes lengthy return Injuries have been an issue at times for Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, but the veteran NFL star is far from thinking about...
Thumbnail Lockette retiring from Seahawks The Seattle Seahawks are losing another skill-position player from last year’s team as receiver Ricardo Lockette is expected to announce his retirement...
Thumbnail Dolphins securing the D-Line The Miami Dolphins are trying to make a push for the playoffs and they aided that on Saturday by signing Cameron Wake to a two-year...
Thumbnail Updated Super Bowl LI Odds The 2016 NFL Draft has now concluded. How did the draft impact the odds to win the Super Bowl next season?
More inNFL Articles  

NFL Team Pages