PHOENIX (AP) -A man accused of planning to shoot people at the Super Bowl will face two additional counts under a new federal indictment.
The new indictment accuses 36-year-old Tempe resident Kurt William Havelock of eight counts, including mailing threatening communications and receipt of a firearm and ammunition with the intent to commit a felony, the U.S. Attorney's Office said Wednesday.
Havelock previously faced a six-count indictment. He turned himself in to authorities Feb. 3 after driving within sight of University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale during the Super Bowl with a rifle and 200 rounds of ammunition. He said he changed his mind.
Havelock's lawyer, Jeffrey Williams of the federal public defender's office in Phoenix, said his client maintains he's innocent of the charges and he expects the case to be quickly resolved. Havelock remains in federal custody.

NFL Team Pages

Recent NFL Discussions