SAN DIEGO (AP) -A lawsuit filed by the city of San Diego against the NFL's Chargers has been dismissed and the two sides have agreed to work out several accounting disputes that have gone unresolved during the past four years.
The city filed a breach-of-contract suit against the Chargers last month, claiming the team owes the city more than $170,000 for use of Qualcomm Stadium in 2004.
City attorney Jan Goldsmith, who was elected in November, said the suit was filed just days before the four-year statute of limitations expired. Goldsmith said the matter should have been handled years ago.
``This is the responsible thing to do,'' Goldsmith said Tuesday. ``I thank the city and the Chargers for this agreement. Litigation is expensive and often unnecessary. We want to resolve matters before litigation if at all possible. I'm hopeful that the financial analysts can resolve these accounting issues.''

Recent NFL Discussions

2016 College Conference Previews on Tue, Jun 2016 by Blade
2016 QB Rankings on Wed, Jun 2016 by Blade
2016 Coaching Changes on Wed, Jun 2016 by Blade

NFL Top Stories

Thumbnail Talib shot in the leg Aqib Talibwas shot in the leg on Saturday, but seems to have avoided serious injury and will be able to return to the Denver Broncos...
Thumbnail Romo eyes lengthy return Injuries have been an issue at times for Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, but the veteran NFL star is far from thinking about...
Thumbnail Lockette retiring from Seahawks The Seattle Seahawks are losing another skill-position player from last year’s team as receiver Ricardo Lockette is expected to announce his retirement...
Thumbnail Dolphins securing the D-Line The Miami Dolphins are trying to make a push for the playoffs and they aided that on Saturday by signing Cameron Wake to a two-year...
Thumbnail Updated Super Bowl LI Odds The 2016 NFL Draft has now concluded. How did the draft impact the odds to win the Super Bowl next season?
More inNFL Articles  

NFL Team Pages