|Military ball games will go on|
|Written by Admin|
|Thursday, 10 October 2013 10:40|
Col. Steve Warren, Pentagon spokesman, says that Hagel will reassess the issue later this month if Congress has still not passed a budget to fund the federal government.
Warren says that Hagel consulted with Pentagon lawyers and military leaders. He says the academies could have faced fines if the games were canceled.
Last week the Pentagon allowed the academies to play their weekend games, but officials were not sure future games would go on.
The games are largely paid for with funds that come from outside sources and are not approved through Congress.