|College Football Today|
|Written by Admin|
|Saturday, 29 September 2007 15:28|
- Andre Woodson, Kentucky, completed 26-of-33 for 301 yards and a career-high five touchdowns and the Wildcats defeated Florida Atlantic 45-17.
- Thomas Brown, Georgia, rushed for a 180 yards and three touchdowns in the Bulldogs' 45-17 win over Mississippi.
- Brian Yost, Morehead State, threw for a 371 yards and five touchdowns to lead the Eagles past Dayton 42-35.
- Kevin Rombach, Duquesne, threw for 343 yards and three touchdowns and ran for a fourth, in a 37-10 win over Frostburg State.
- DeSean Jackson, California, had 11 receptions for 161 yards and two touchdowns in the Golden Bears 31-24 victory over Oregon.
- Eugene Jarvis, Kent State, rushed for 230 yards on 30 carries and two touchdowns to lead the Golden Flashes past Ohio 33-25.
- Adam Tafralis, San Jose State, passed for four touchdowns and 330 yards, in 34-14 win over UC Davis.
- Nick Graziano, Nevada, completed 20-of-38 passes for 330 yards and three touchdowns, and the Wolf Pack hung on to beat UNLV 27-20.
- Demetrius Crawford, Montana State, had 23 carries for 173 yards and a touchdown, and the Bobcats beat Idaho State 40-20.
Kevin Eberhart kicked a career-long 45-yard field goal as time expired to send Colorado past the No. 3 ranked Oklahoma 27-24 Saturday. It was the Buffaloes' first win over a top-5 team since Dec. 1, 2001, when they best Texas in the Big 12 title game. ... Kansas State used two kick returns for touchdowns and an interception return for another score in a 41-21 win Saturday over No. 7 Texas, handing the Longhorns its worst home defeat in 10 years under coach Mack Brown. ... Maryland defeated Rutgers 34-24 on Saturday. It marked the second straight year that Rutgers was upset after getting into the Top 10. The victory over a Top 10 team was the first for Maryland since upsetting Florida State in 2004. ... Tashard Choice had 145 yards and a touchdown and Georgia Tech beat No. 13 Clemson on Saturday 13-3. ... Freshman Regus Benn returned a kickoff 90 yards for a touchdown and caught a pass for another and the Illinois defense intercepted three passes for a 27-20 upset over No. 21 Penn State on Saturday. ... Xavier Lee came off the bench to throw a pair of touchdown passes in Florida State's 21-14 upset victory over No. 22 Alabama.
LSU needed 24 unanswered points in the second half to beat Tulane 34-9 on Saturday. ... P.J. Hill ran for 155 yards and two touchdowns and No. 9 Wisconsin held off Michigan State 37-34 on Saturday. ... Kyle Wright returned from an injury to throw a game-sealing touchdown pass to DajLeon Farr with 2:15 left, and Miami escaped an upset bid by Duke for the second straight year by beating the Blue Devils 24-14 on Saturday.
Andre Callender ran for 115 yards and two touchdowns to lead No. 12 Boston College past rival Massachusetts 24-14 on Saturday. The Eagles (5-0) has not opened a season with five straight wins since 1954. ... Andre Dixon ran for 116 yards and Tyvon Branch ran a kickoff back 97 yards for a touchdown to spark undefeated Connecticut to a 44-10 win over Akron on Saturday. The 5-0 start is the best for a UConn team since 1995 when the Huskies went 6-0 as a Division I-AA school. ... Kory Sheets rushed for 141 yards, and Purdue beat Notre Dame 33-19 on Saturday to keep the Irish winless. The Boilermakers (5-0), are off to their best start since 2004. ... Hawaii beat Idaho 48-20, to improve to 5-0 - 2-0 in the Western Athletic Conference - for the first time since 1981, when the Warriors started 7-0.
Southern Illinois used four first half turnovers in a 72-10 blowout of Indiana State on Saturday. The Salukis scored seven rushing touchdowns and returned an interception for another score as they set a Gateway Conference record for most points scored in a league game. Southern Illinois opened the game with three rushing touchdowns in the first quarter and led 55-10 at halftime.
Colt Brennan threw a career-high five interceptions in Hawaii's 48-20 rout of Idaho on Saturday. Brennan finished 30 of 49 for 369 yards with three touchdown passes and a rushing touchdown. Brennan's five interceptions tied a school record, and his 19 incompletions were the most since missing on 20 throws against Wisconsin in 2005 and third highest of his career.
STRONG IN DEFEAT
o caught 14 passes for 162 yards in Elon's 49-32 loss to Appalachian State. ... Stadford Brown threw for 372 yards and three scores in N.C. Central's 34-27 loss to Presbyterian. ... Eddie Cohen caught eight passes for 212 yards and three touchdowns in Western Carolina's 50-21 loss to Georgia Southern.
Kentucky quarterback Andre Woodson's NCAA record streak of passes thrown without an interception was snapped Saturday in the Wildcats 45-17 victory over Florida Atlantic. Woodson's record streak ended at 325. ... California beat Oregon 31-24 on Saturday. The Golden Bears snapped a seven-game losing streak at Autzen Stadium. They had not won a game there since 1987. ... Miami (Ohio) snapped a seven-game home losing streak with a 17-14 win over Syracuse on Saturday. ... Syracuse had its 14-game winning streak against Mid-American Conference teams snapped in a 17-14 loss to Miami (Ohio). ...
olorado's first win over a top-five team since Dec. 1, 2001., and their most significant victory in Boulder since a 62-36 win over second-ranked Nebraska.