CINCINNATI (AP) -The NCAA won't reconsider its decision to deny former Cincinnati quarterback Ben Mauk another year of eligibility.
The NCAA initially turned downed Mauk's request for a sixth year of eligibility in February. But Mauk made a new appeal on grounds that he was hurt as a freshman at Wake Forest when he sat out as a redshirt.
Mauk missed all but one game in 2006 at Wake Forest with a shoulder injury. He transferred to Cincinnati and led the Bearcats to 10 victories last season.
Under NCAA rules, a player has four years of eligibility that must be used in five years.
Cincinnati said Wednesday that Mauk is continuing with appeals in hopes of getting another year of eligibility restored.

Recent NCAAF Discussions

2016 QB Rankings on Wed, Jun 2016 by Blade
2016 Coaching Changes on Wed, Jun 2016 by Blade
2016 College Conference Previews on Mon, Jun 2016 by Blade
Hot Seat Coaches on Sat, Jun 2016 by Blade

NCAAF Headlines

More inNCAAF News  

NCAAF Top Stories

Thumbnail Saban not focused on satellite camps After spending part of last week lashing out about satellite camps, Alabama coach Nick Saban now says...
Thumbnail Briles out, Grobe in at Baylor The Baylor football team has a new coach as Art Briles has been fired and Jim Grobe will be...
Thumbnail Cal lands Davis Webb The Cal Bears may have lost the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft at quarterback, but the Golden Bears seem to have found a good replacement...
Thumbnail FSU dismisses running back The Florida State Seminoles have parted ways with running back Mario Pender after a recent arrest.
Thumbnail Hokies suspend two defenders The Justin Fuente era of Virginia Tech football isn’t off to a great start, as two defensive players have been indefinitely...
More inNCAAF Articles  

NCAAF Team Pages