INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -Former Indiana coach Bob Knight will not attend next week's Hall of Fame induction.
Athletic director Fred Glass said Thursday that Knight contacted him directly to decline the invitation. Glass said Knight was concerned that the interest in him would be a distraction from the other six inductees.
All living members of the 2009 Hall of Fame class, except Knight, are expected to attend in person.
The General won a school-record 662 games and three national championships at Indiana before being fired by then university president Myles Brand in September 2000. Knight retired in 2008 with the most wins (902) of any coach in Division I men's basketball.

Recent NCAAB Discussions

NCAAB Headlines

More inNCAAB News  

NCAAB Top Stories

Thumbnail 2017 NCAA Title Odds Fresh off its first Sweet 16 berth in three years, Indiana seems to be trending back in the right direction under coach Tom Crean. This fall, though, will challenge the...
Thumbnail 2017 NCAA Title Odds George Washington named Maurice Joseph its interim head men’s basketball coach last week. Will the 31-year-old be able to keep the Colonials humming in 2016-17?
More inNCAAB Articles  

NCAAB Team Pages