LOS ANGELES (AP) -Prosecutors have declined to file charges against a former Southern California basketball player who was arrested Sunday on suspicion of carjacking.
The district attorney's office filed a document Tuesday that said investigators had insufficient evidence to charge 35-year-old Stais Boseman.
Deputy District Attorney James Prudhomme said police were unable to contact the alleged victim and her boyfriend, who gave police bogus phone numbers.
Prudhomme says the alleged victim was in the car with her boyfriend when Boseman allegedly jumped into the vehicle and drove off. Prosecutors say Boseman agreed to drop the boyfriend's $20 debt to him if he used the car.
Boseman played briefly for the Houston Rockets.

Recent NCAAB Discussions


NCAAB Headlines

More inNCAAB News  

NCAAB Top Stories

Thumbnail 2017 NCAA Title Odds Fresh off its first Sweet 16 berth in three years, Indiana seems to be trending back in the right direction under coach Tom Crean. This fall, though, will challenge the...
Thumbnail 2017 NCAA Title Odds George Washington named Maurice Joseph its interim head men’s basketball coach last week. Will the 31-year-old be able to keep the Colonials humming in 2016-17?
More inNCAAB Articles  

NCAAB Team Pages