Advertisement

 OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - An Oklahoma prosecutor says he does not plan to retry a former Oklahoma State basketball player accused of sexually assaulting two women at an off-campus party in 2010.
A jury found Darrell Williams guilty of two counts of rape by instrumentation and one count of sexual battery in July 2011, but the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals threw out the verdict earlier this year. The appeals court said testimony of jurors at a special hearing last year suggested that at least two jurors made unauthorized visits to the crime scene.
Payne County District Attorney Tom Lee said Monday that the two women want to move on with their lives and don't want to testify again.
Williams' trial attorney called the decision good news and said she wasn't surprised.
Advertisement
Advertisement

NCAAB Headlines

More inNCAAB News  

NCAAB Top Stories

Thumbnail 2017 NCAA Title Odds Villanova always understood the myriad challenges of defending a national title. Yet the program definitely couldn’t have foreseen Friday’s bit of bad news.
More inNCAAB Articles  

NCAAB Team Pages

Advertisement